RONIN-S Universal Base
1823 4 2020-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vino00
New
France

Hello there!

I`ve just received the Universal Mount from DJI and I have a question concerning power supply.

The Ronin APP says that the battery is at 0% and that it`s in a risky situation.

I am powering up the Ronin-s throught the universal mount, the original DJI d-tap to lemo cable, and an d-tap output from a 95W V-lock micro battery from Baxttar.

The v-lock Batery outputs Maximum 16,8V=5,95A and Minimun 12V=8,3A (100W max). Fully Charged!

I need to power up as well the Blackmagic Pocket 6K that inputs 11,6V and the Nano Motor from Tilta that inputs between 5V to 18V. Both throught the little Ronin-s 12V/2A port.

First question: Is there a problem if i power up just the Ronin-S thought the universal mount with my d-tap output?
I deplugged the camera power cable and the motors, letting it power up just the ronin-s and the APP still says that there are not enough battery.

Second question: If I wanted to power everything up, would it be necessary an second lemo-dtap cable for the second 13-17V input port of the universal mount and a second d-tap output?
Logically this way I will have 32V comming in and distributing to the camera, to the Ronin-S and to the motors.
Am I right?

Thanks!!

2020-4-17
Use props
Marco8206
lvl.1

Germany

Same here! The Ronin APP says that the battery is at 0%
2020-4-20
Use props
Vino00
New
France

Super answer from DJI !!!  

1. It is no problem that if you use this 95W V-lock micro battery from Baxttar for power supply. As its specification, the input should be: 13 - 17 V / 5 - 10 A, your battery meets this requirement. The reason that your APP shows 0% power is because your App isn't connected to Ronin-S's Bluetooth at all or Ronins-S cannot recognize the third-party battery well. If it is is the second reason cause this issue, no worry about it, Ronin-S can still work properly. And it is just our App cannot detect its battery power.
If your Ronin-S is not connected to Ronin App, you won't be able to use the APP to shoot/record or the other functions. It is recommended to try these steps.

A. Reinstall the Ronin App. Or replace another phone to launch Ronin App.
  B. Try to forget the Bluetooth of Ronin-S and try to re-connect again.
  C. Try to reset the Bluetooth by press the M button six times. The default Bluetooth password is 12345678

2. There is no need to use a second AV-IN cable or battery for your Ronin-S and its camera, Nano Motor. You can use the two electrical 12V/2A Power Accessory Port at the same time on your Ronin-S. Ronin-S will distribute the voltage and current to this Accessory Port automatically, it won't make any effect on Ronin-S's normal function.
2020-4-20
Use props
Marco8206
lvl.1

Germany

Vino00 Posted at 4-20 05:35
Super answer from DJI !!!  

1. It is no problem that if you use this 95W V-lock micro battery from Baxttar for power supply. As its specification, the input should be: 13 - 17 V / 5 - 10 A, your battery meets this requirement. The reason that your APP shows 0% power is because your App isn't connected to Ronin-S's Bluetooth at all or Ronins-S cannot recognize the third-party battery well. If it is is the second reason cause this issue, no worry about it, Ronin-S can still work properly. And it is just our App cannot detect its battery power.

Yes and no :-/
On the first glance everything seems to work fine, except the battery indicator in the app. but i recognized that the stiffness is much better with the handle grip than on the universal plate. With the handle grip the footage is very well, but with the universal plate its too shaky.

I have nearly the same setup. P6K, a 17-40mm Canon, MOZA Follow Focus
2020-4-20
Use props
Marco8206
lvl.1

Germany

Marco8206 Posted at 4-20 05:52
Yes and no :-/
On the first glance everything seems to work fine, except the battery indicator in the app. but i recognized that the stiffness is much better with the handle grip than on the universal plate. With the handle grip the footage is very well, but with the universal plate its too shaky.

UPDATE:

i found a solution to mount the focus downside the cage. now its much easier to balance and almost 98%  of my footage "unshaky". Nevertheless, it's a Problem which need to be fixed by DJI. I read a lot of threads and comments in the last few days and it seems to me that either the products nor the support of DJI is at a good standing meanwhile. Also updating the Ronin App (where is Smooth Track?), without updating the Manual is a no go, IMO. The Universal Mount is our last product of DJI... sorry guys!
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules