Inspire T600 Limp Gimbal
1788 19 2020-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Good afternoon everyone,

I have an older Inspire 1 T600, it was bought a couple years ago, used VERY little, and I took it out today to play around with.  I upgraded, successfully, to the newest firmware on the AC first, then the RC.  When the AC is connected to the RC everything shows as current and up to date.  At this time though the gimbal is limp and does not "dance" when the AC is powered on.  It did do the "dance" earlier today but I cannot remember when it stopped.  I am getting the "gimbal not connected" error message and I am not seeing any video/picture come through to the Ipad mini 2 I am using.  The Inspire 1 has the X3 camera and gimbal as it came from DJI.

Does anyone have any help or advice for this issue?  I paid a huge amount of money for the Inspire 1 Kit a while back, it only has maybe 30 minutes (TOPS) of flight time on it and this is frustrating.

I am sorry that my first post is to ask for help but I will absolutely help others once I get some more experience and have something to offer.  I am not opposed to sending the camera in for service but dont want to send the whole drone if I can avoid it.  

I am in the states - just west of chicago if that helps anyone.  If someone is local I would love to try your camera/gimbal to narrow down the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JZHeyde

2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi JZHeyde, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Inspire 1 T600, you mentioned that you are getting the "gimbal not connected" error and no image transmission, right? Could you please try the X3 gimbal camera to see if the issue still persists or not?
2020-4-18
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia, I am not sure what you  mean by that.  I have the x3 camera attached to the drone, properly connected and locked in.  The Gimbal is "limp", does not move, and the camera is not transmitting any data.  Could you please explain further?  Thank you.
2020-4-18
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-18 02:22
DJI Natalia, I am not sure what you  mean by that.  I have the x3 camera attached to the drone, properly connected and locked in.  The Gimbal is "limp", does not move, and the camera is not transmitting any data.  Could you please explain further?  Thank you.

Check the gimbal connections, make sure they are clean and the pins are not misaligned. Also, there are 2 screws on the gimbal that can be loosened one and a half turns, this will help tighten the connection.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Mark G.
2020-4-19
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-19 06:22
Check the gimbal connections, make sure they are clean and the pins are not misaligned. Also, there are 2 screws on the gimbal that can be loosened one and a half turns, this will help tighten the connection.

[view_image]

Thank you Mark, I looked at the connectors and they look good, aligned, and making connection.  However, they are pretty small, so I will try the screw method and go half a turn at a time to see if I can get it work.  I will report back at some point tomorrow.  Thank you for trying to help me, it is greatly appreciated.
2020-4-19
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-19 14:40
Thank you Mark, I looked at the connectors and they look good, aligned, and making connection.  However, they are pretty small, so I will try the screw method and go half a turn at a time to see if I can get it work.  I will report back at some point tomorrow.  Thank you for trying to help me, it is greatly appreciated.

My pleasure JZ, I hope we can get you flying again.

Mark G.
2020-4-19
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-19 16:22
My pleasure JZ, I hope we can get you flying again.

Mark G.

Mark,

I tried the screws just a few minutes ago and it was not successful.  I do appreciate your help and really had hoped it was something that simple.  

Current versions for firmware below, could there be a conflict here?

App - Version 3.1.64
Aircraft - Version 1.11.01.50
Remote Controller - Version 1.7.80
Basic Fly Safe Database - Version 01.00.01.09
2020-4-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-20 05:07
Mark,

I tried the screws just a few minutes ago and it was not successful.  I do appreciate your help and really had hoped it was something that simple.  

Is there a plus sign ( + ) after any of those version numbers?
2020-4-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

When you updated the X3 do you get any data at all on the SD card result log? If you did, check lines of code 0800 and 1500  and let me know what they say.
2020-4-20
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-20 07:56
When you updated the X3 do you get any data at all on the SD card result log? If you did, check lines of code 0800 and 1500  and let me know what they say.

Unfortunately, I did not know to keep the file, I have erased that data.  Being new to this I did not realize the importance of that.  I have read a few other posts and people requested that for troubleshooting purposes.....I am not able to provide it.
2020-4-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-20 08:26
Unfortunately, I did not know to keep the file, I have erased that data.  Being new to this I did not realize the importance of that.  I have read a few other posts and people requested that for troubleshooting purposes.....I am not able to provide it.

Ok, try updating the firmware again (it will fail) and it will rewrite the file. Make sure you download the right F/W for the X3.

2020-4-20
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-20 09:18
Ok, try updating the firmware again (it will fail) and it will rewrite the file. Make sure you download the right F/W for the X3.

Mark,

I tried to load the updated firmware again.  I started with just the .bin file on a freshly formatted card/disk.  I let the update run for several hours while I ran and errand and worked.  When I came back I turned off the AC and read the files on the card.  This is what I saw....not sure where that file folder came from?

2020-4-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-20 14:16
Mark,

I tried to load the updated firmware again.  I started with just the .bin file on a freshly formatted card/disk.  I let the update run for several hours while I ran and errand and worked.  When I came back I turned off the AC and read the files on the card.  This is what I saw....not sure where that file folder came from?

It should only take a few minutes but you should see these files after trying to update,  have you got another card you could try or try updating again, freshly formated card with just the bin file.

The info we're looking for is in the result file.
2020-4-24
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-24 06:29
It should only take a few minutes but you should see these files after trying to update,  have you got another card you could try or try updating again, freshly formated card with just the bin file.

[view_image]

I will try another card and give it a shot tonight.  Thank you again for your help.  Just a frustrating experience.  Have a good day sir.
2020-4-24
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Still working on this, I ordered a new micro SD card from Amazon so I am waiting on that to show it.  It was only $12 and i figured why not give a brand new  card a shot.  I will format it and try again immediately once I receive it and see what happens.  

I will update again in a few days.
2020-4-27
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

So, I bought a new card, formatted it, tried again and same result.  I had ONLY the .bin file on the card, let the update run for an hour and when I read the card the .bin was there along with a DCIM folder that was empty.  I am beginning to think I have a $5k paperweight here......

This is extremely frustrating for an essentially brand new and high dollar tool to not work.  

Do I have to send thing back to DJI and have them trouble shoot it?  What is my best solution for that?
2020-4-30
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

JZHeyde Posted at 4-30 06:58
So, I bought a new card, formatted it, tried again and same result.  I had ONLY the .bin file on the card, let the update run for an hour and when I read the card the .bin was there along with a DCIM folder that was empty.  I am beginning to think I have a $5k paperweight here......

This is extremely frustrating for an essentially brand new and high dollar tool to not work.  

Very frustrating indeed.

There's one more thing we can try before sending it in. Are you comfortable taking the canopy off? There are two ribbon cables behind the nose cone, they may have come loose. I'll strip mine and take some photos so you can see what I mean.

Mark G.
2020-4-30
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

If you want to try this, it's fairly easy, check out this on how to remove the canopy, only the nose cone needs to come off and you can check the ribbon cables are seated properly and they have not been pinched or worn.

Inked_DSC2251_LI.jpg
Inked_DSC2255_LI.jpg
Inked_DSC2262_LI.jpg
2020-4-30
Use props
JZHeyde
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 4-30 10:35
If you want to try this, it's fairly easy, check out this video on how to remove the canopy, only the nose cone needs to come off and you can check the ribbon cables are seated properly and they have not been pinched or worn.

Thank you Mark, I will try that.  I appreciate your help, I truly do.  

Do you have any experience with a repair outlet if that does not fix my issue?  I dont want to spend a ton of money but a couple hundred is better than having a paperweight.
2020-5-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

I've never used them. I would search online for a centre near you, maybe if there is one near to you they may be willing to let you try one of their X3's in you I1 to see if it could be the camera.
2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules