OSMO MOBILE 3 WITH GALAXY S10 PLUS
3710 10 2020-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff McNab
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys,
Anyone know how to access the wide angle lens with the Mimo app?
I know you can use the Osmo without the app but there are too many things that don't work... like the record/shutter button!
Thanks for any assistance.

2020-4-17
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

If you enable use volume keys to start stop recording then you can use the gimbal to start/ stop recording
2020-4-17
Use props
Jeff McNab
lvl.1

Canada

AlanHd Posted at 4-17 14:16
If you enable use volume keys to start stop recording then you can use the gimbal to start/ stop recording

Thanks Alan. I read that somewhere also but it's not functional on my unit. The volume keys work to control the camera app no problem but Osmo shutter button is only working in Mimo.
2020-4-17
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jeff McNab Posted at 4-17 14:46
Thanks Alan. I read that somewhere also but it's not functional on my unit. The volume keys work to control the camera app no problem but Osmo shutter button is only working in Mimo.

Very strange I’ve got the S10 plus as well and I’ve just double checked with it on the gimbal and the gimbal will start and stop recordings plus take photos when using the native camera app. Are you sure bluetooth is on and connected to the gimbal.
2020-4-17
Use props
Jeff McNab
lvl.1

Canada

AlanHd Posted at 4-17 15:06
Very strange I’ve got the S10 plus as well and I’ve just double checked with it on the gimbal and the gimbal will start and stop recordings plus take photos when using the native camera app. Are you sure bluetooth is on and connected to the gimbal.

Curious indeed.
My phone is running One UI ver 2.0 Android ver 10.
The Osmo did a firmware update as soon as I powered it on for the first time yesterday
2020-4-17
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jeff McNab Posted at 4-17 15:21
Curious indeed.
My phone is running One UI ver 2.0 Android ver 10.
The Osmo did a firmware update as soon as I powered it on for the first time yesterday

My one UI is version 2.1 but I can’t see that making a difference, I’m on the same version of android and the latest gimbal firmware. That’s got me really stumped if you’re sure that enable volume keys is enabled and the gimbal is connected via Bluetooth.
2020-4-17
Use props
Jeff McNab
lvl.1

Canada

AlanHd Posted at 4-17 15:33
My one UI is version 2.1 but I can’t see that making a difference, I’m on the same version of android and the latest gimbal firmware. That’s got me really stumped if you’re sure that enable volume keys is enabled and the gimbal is connected via Bluetooth.

Yes 100%... I was thinking it might be a Bluetooth problem but no... when I turn off Bluetooth the Mimo app immediately says the connection is lost.
In Mimo app, the volume key works as volume... switch to camera app... volume key works takes a photo/video.
Are you starting the Mimo app at all... i.e. before switching to camera app?
(thanks for your help by the way)
2020-4-17
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jeff McNab Posted at 4-17 15:43
Yes 100%... I was thinking it might be a Bluetooth problem but no... when I turn off Bluetooth the Mimo app immediately says the connection is lost.
In Mimo app, the volume key works as volume... switch to camera app... volume key works takes a photo/video.
Are you starting the Mimo app at all... i.e. before switching to camera app?

No not starting MImo, I’m not touching the volume keys either just using the record button on the gimbal.

Here’s my workflow
Install phone and balance
Turn on gimbal
Make sure bluetooth is connected to gimbal
Open camera app
Select either camera or video
Use record button on gimbal to control.
2020-4-17
Use props
Jeff McNab
lvl.1

Canada

AlanHd Posted at 4-17 15:49
No not starting MImo, I’m not touching the volume keys either just using the record button on the gimbal.

Here’s my workflow

Problem solved!
I believe that starting Mimo is/was the problem.
I rebooted the phone, connected via Bluetooth, started camera... now it works!
Without Mimo.
Thanks so much for your assistance... it is much appreciated!
2020-4-17
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jeff McNab Posted at 4-17 15:51
Problem solved!

No problem I’m glad you’ve got it working.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jeff McNab Posted at 4-17 15:51
Problem solved!

Hi Jeff, glad to know that you have solved the issue. Hope everything goes smoothly. Best regards!
2020-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules