lvl.2

Italy

when support sdk ?
2015-6-15
Use props
pcp.twcny
lvl.2
United States

Wondering what the  Anti-distortion feature is all about.
Thanks in advance.
2015-6-15
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Any one installed this  yet?
2015-6-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

is anti distortion like an internal lens correction because every lens has distortion in the edges for example and you need software to remove it. There are camera profiles availabe for lets say lightroom sostware for many cameras out there to correct those distortions. Maybe the app will correct this automatically now ?
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

DID THE PRO VERSION FIRMWARE UPDATE - LAG, STUTTERING and OVERHEATING IS WORSE THAN BEFORE!

I carefully did the firmware update to the aircraft and transmitter.  Verified that both were done successfully.  I went to my driveway where I have taken off and flown many many times.  I calibrated the compass.  The app showed I was good to go.  Tried to start the motors and got a failure notice "Gyroscope bias is too high.  Restart the aircraft and contact DJI".  

I shut down the aircraft, transmitter and App and restarted everything two or three time with same result.  Then I came in the house and thought I would do an IMU calibration.  Before I did the calibration, I tried the motors.  They started no problem.  Shut it all down and went back outside.  Turned on controller, aircraft and app to establish home point outside... motors wouldn't start... got same message.  Back inside... they started.  This time I did not power off the aircraft or remote and went outside.  This time motors started.  

Flew for a few minutes.  Lag and stuttering was as bad as ever.  During a yaw move, the video screen had terrible tearing, lagging, etc.  Absolutely as bad as ever.  Turned everything off.. rebooted the transmitter, aircraft and app outside.  Motors would not initialize again... same gyroscope error notice.  Phone got so hot that it gave me an overheating notice.  Using Samsung Galaxy S4 with all other apps closed and RAM cleared via the Task Manager.
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-15 23:21
DID THE PRO VERSION FIRMWARE UPDATE - LAG, STUTTERING and OVERHEATING IS WORSE THAN BEFORE!

I care ...

I have been experimenting with upgrade not sure yet Didnt seem to cure all problems I will know after a few more flights only one battery seemed to be hotter I am still losing altitude according to the altimeter Going to start a new thread, I think- did upgrade cure you problems
2015-6-15
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think it is a good thing to calibrate IMU and gimbal after a firmware upgrade (and why not stick calibration). Then a compass calibration before taking off.
If it doesn't solve, at least it couldn't be worse.
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-15 23:21

I care ...

IMU Calibration fixed the Gyroscope error.  But video lag is still quite bad.  
2015-6-15
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

@StevenHuff : good and bad news.
2015-6-15
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-16 00:37
IMU Calibration fixed the Gyroscope error.  But video lag is still quite bad.

When i would read Gyroscope to high etc... i would automatically do an IMU calibration because thats what the Gyro is part of. It was basically a decalibrated IMU. I wouldnt attempt to fly at all if this message pops up. Dont know why ppl are so scared to make IMU calibrations, its the easiest thing in the world.  
2015-6-15
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

GoDrone.me Posted at 2015-6-15 21:51
Any one installed this  yet?

Yes, updated fine, test flight was good as well.
2015-6-15
Use props
kcmoore11
lvl.1

United States

I just did the update on my P3P.  And yes some settings do get reset to defaults so as noted do check everything.  Did IMU then gimbal calibration.  I used to have an issue that startup would take up to a minute for "IMU warming up" to complete.  Now almost instantaneous start up.  Much better.

And note I use an iPad Air 2.  Never had any issues with lag/stutter that others report when using Android-based devices.
2015-6-16
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

No lag from note 4
2015-6-18
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

as I see a few people not having problems with Firmware 1.2.6 and a lot of people WITH problems...
I kindly ask DJI if they have made HARDWARE changes to the second batch of their Quadcopters...
I would like to see a statement/answer on this...
I also think one would state if the problem happens with the Phantom 3 ADVANCED or the PROFESSIONAL. I think the latter one has the problems... I own a Phantom 3 PRO

It takes too long now for a new firmware that will work as good as 1.1.9....

Dr. Max Verdoes (NL)
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules