2021 7 2020-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SXViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 473635 ft
United States

Hi All,
I just wanted to let everyone know my experience with buying a refurbished Mavic 2 Pro. The first one arrived and seemed fine until I flew it. The drone got 3,500 feet away and lost signal. It then returned home in "Safe Mode". I tried turning off the drone, DJI Go and the controller and started everything back up again. I sent the drone out and sure enough 3,500 feet away it loses signal and returns home in Safe Mode. I had my Mavic Pro with me so I got that out and sent it the same direction, it passed 3,500 feet.....at 4,500 feet I brought it back so this proved the MP2 was malfunctioning. I sent the drone back to where I purchased it from using an RMA they gave me. I asked if they could put a pending charge on my credit card for another refurbished drone and send one out immediately so I didn't have to wait for a replacement. They said they couldn't do it. What's the big deal? You have my credit card number and authorization to charge me for a 2nd drone if you don't receive the defective one as promised. 10 days later I receive a new refurbished MP2. Everything looks great, after updating all firmware, IMU etc including gimbal calibration I fly it. Now I'm getting a gimbal overload error and the gimbal is acting all jerky. I bring the drone down and turn everything off and back on, do another gimbal calibration and send it back up into the sky only to get more gimbal overload errors. This is unbelievable! My first drone (Mavic Pro) was bought new (not refurbished) and I have never had an issue with it. I try buying a refurbished MP2 and nothing but problems! So much for DJI testing refurbs before sending them out! Now I have to wait until Monday to contact the seller and get another RMA number at which I will be without it another 10 days. I'm going to ask to speak to the manager as I'm going to request a refund. I don't trust refurbished models anymore. I'm so disappointed in myself for trusting refurbished drones from DJI. Luckily I still have my reliable tested and true Mavic Pro I can fly. I almost sold it the other day but luckily I didn't.
2020-4-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Was there any Sign of a weak signal between refurb M2P before it lost signal at 3,500 feet and returned home?  

Was there a Maximum distance from starting point set on refurb M2P?
2020-4-17
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-17 16:37
Was there any Sign of a weak signal between refurb M2P before it lost signal at 3,500 feet and returned home?  

Was there a Maximum distance from starting point set on refurb M2P?

No I turned Maximum distance off before flying. There was a signal weak adjust antennas alert before it lost signal. I tried adjusting antennas but couldn't get a better signal. When I put my MP in the air and sent it the same direction I never got a weak signal warning / adjust antennas alert at all. The MP2 is supposed to have an extra mile of range over the MP but this particular unit couldn't even make it 3/4 mile before losing signal. Also I have lost signal before with my MP but when it did it automatically went into return to home and didn't say "Safe Mode." By the way the Mavic Pro Precision Landing is far superior to the MP2. I had heard of issues with the new model but also heard it got fixed. I tried return to home and the MP2 was off by about 10 feet and wanted to land in a tree. I took over manually and saved it from hitting the tree. I'm wishing I never thought of trying to get the MP2 now, I wish I had just stuck with my Mavic Pro as the problems with this new model aren't worth the headache!
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi SXViper, sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm that did you purchase the Refurbished Unit from the DJI official web? If yes, please provide us with the serial number of your drone, we'd like to help you check it.
Every DJI Refurbished product is thoroughly tested by DJI Experts and includes DJI standard warranty. You may refer to this link: https://store.dji.com/pages/refurbished?from=store-pc-nav to know more information about it. 1.png
Should you encounter any issues, please feel free to let us know, we'll do our best to help you. Thanks.
2020-4-17
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

Hi Natalia,
Yes I did purchase it from an official DJI web. They sell all DJI drones both new and used and are also an official DJI repair center. I am going to wait to contact them directly as I want a refund. If these refurbished units were thoroughly tested by experts as stated I would have had a perfectly functioning unit the first time. I even figured ok a defective one is possible but two in a row? Quality control is a problem obviously. I know it isn’t your fault this happened, it is mine for being so gullible to think I would be getting the same quality MP2 as a brand new one for around $400 less. I spent almost $1,300.00 on a drone that will be shipped back and forth for a month being replaced? No thank you. I should have waited for the prices of the new ones to come down and kept flying my Mavic Pro in the meantime, Sorry but I no longer trust refurbs from DJI.
2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SXViper Posted at 4-17 22:49
Hi Natalia,
Yes I did purchase it from an official DJI web. They sell all DJI drones both new and used and are also an official DJI repair center. I am going to wait to contact them directly as I want a refund. If these refurbished units were thoroughly tested by experts as stated I would have had a perfectly functioning unit the first time. I even figured ok a defective one is possible but two in a row? Quality control is a problem obviously. I know it isn’t your fault this happened, it is mine for being so gullible to think I would be getting the same quality MP2 as a brand new one for around $400 less. I spent almost $1,300.00 on a drone that will be shipped back and forth for a month being replaced? No thank you. I should have waited for the prices of the new ones to come down and kept flying my Mavic Pro in the meantime, Sorry but I no longer trust refurbs from DJI.

Hi SXViper, sorry again to hear your unpleasant experience with the refurbished drone. You mentioned that you are contacting the seller to get a refund, we hope your issue will be sorted out soon. At the same time, if it is convenient, we would like you to provide us with the serial numbers of the drone, we'll forward it to the related team to investigate and keep improving to provide better service and better products to you all. Thank you so much for your continued support for DJI.
2020-4-17
Use props
CJdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879682 ft
United States

I had a very similar experience with a refurbished MA2 except that I wasn't even able to get it off the ground because of IMU and gimbal errors right out of the box. Sent it back to DJI through warranty only to find out that replacements are out of stock and that they do not know when they will be able to send one out.  I've had a great experience with my other DJI products but will never again purchase a "refurbished" unit!
2021-1-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

CJdrone Posted at 1-27 16:22
I had a very similar experience with a refurbished MA2 except that I wasn't even able to get it off the ground because of IMU and gimbal errors right out of the box. Sent it back to DJI through warranty only to find out that replacements are out of stock and that they do not know when they will be able to send one out.  I've had a great experience with my other DJI products but will never again purchase a "refurbished" unit!

I would demand a refund as the product was defective from the onset and DJI is unable to replace the purchased product in a reasonable time with a working unit.  

What you are describing falls under the Consumer Protection Act which is comprised of Federal regulations and each State can may have additional regulation under their Consumer Protection Laws.  Legally, disputing the case is time consuming.   I would consider contacting the payment provider and canceling the payment.  You should have all the documentation from DJI to justify a timely refund.

Just an FYI, PayPal has the best refund policy of any company I have ever dealt with.  In the future if you are purchasing something directly from a company not in the United States consider using them for the transaction solely for the refund policy.
2021-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules