Lost Connection to Controller
2341 16 2020-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum with a 7 inch Cristalsky monitor with original bracket.
Yesterday was the 2nd time i lost connection between controller and display/app (grey display, lost connection).
Restart the app and or the display has no effect, it does not connect again. Even another device as an iphone11 with different cable does not connect to the controller.
The connection between the controller and the aircraft ist stable, i get the bird back by push the coming home button.

Only when I restart the remote control I can connect again the display to the remote.
Today i‘ve reflashed the remote firmeware, but have not tried if it works.
The problem is not always reproducible, it has happened 2 times so far.
Any ideas what can solve this problem?

Thx

2020-4-18
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Flashing the Controller Firmware does no effect to the problem, still diconnecting while flying.
2020-4-18
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Do you use the micro USB port on the left?
Do the same happen if you use the USB port low middle?
2020-4-18
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

I have exactly your issue it would seem.  The lost connection occurs probably once every second flight on average.  It was a nervous moment the first time I restarted the controller in mid flight, however I now do this routinely.  I recently did some limited testing with a borrowed iPad Mini 4 and I was unable to reproduce the problem there.  You say that you were unable to regain connection with an ipone11 but did the lost connection occur while flying with the iphone or did you just switch to the iphone in an attempt to restore connection?  One more question, have you ever used Superpatcher on this Mavic at any time?

I normally fly with a rather old but capable Samsung Galaxy S5.

2020-4-18
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

G_Sig Posted at 4-18 11:10
Do you use the micro USB port on the left?
Do the same happen if you use the USB port low middle?

The crystalsky uses the USB-A Port in the middle, after connection is lost i try to use the micro USB on the side as also the USB-A , but both ports does not connect to the iphone.
2020-4-18
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Andyh77777 Posted at 4-18 14:53
I have exactly your issue it would seem.  The lost connection occurs probably once every second flight on average.  It was a nervous moment the first time I restarted the controller in mid flight, however I now do this routinely.  I recently did some limited testing with a borrowed iPad Mini 4 and I was unable to reproduce the problem there.  You say that you were unable to regain connection with an ipone11 but did the lost connection occur while flying with the iphone or did you just switch to the iphone in an attempt to restore connection?  One more question, have you ever used Superpatcher on this Mavic at any time?

I normally fly with a rather old but capable Samsung Galaxy S5.

It always occures with the dji crystalsky display which is android based. I have never tested if it occures also with the iphone. I cannot say how often it happens, maybe every 2nd or 3rd flight.
I was also very "impressed" when it happens the first time, but now it is only annoying.
I have this platinum bird since 2 or 3 month, i have a normal mavic pro 1 before and never had this problem.
Yes i have used the superlatcher on both birds and it works always very well for me.
2020-4-18
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

I started using Superpatcher about 6 months ago.  Sometime after that I experienced my first disconnect problem.  More recently I have reverted back to stock firmware on the bird together with the latest stock Go4,  and these disconnects continue.  It is a bit hard to see how firmware modified with Superpatcher on the bird could cause a soft instability in the usb serial port of the controller that persists even after reverting to stock firmware and yet I have seen someone suggest that.  When did your first use Superpatcher?
2020-4-19
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Andyh77777 Posted at 4-19 04:59
I started using Superpatcher about 6 months ago.  Sometime after that I experienced my first disconnect problem.  More recently I have reverted back to stock firmware on the bird together with the latest stock Go4,  and these disconnects continue.  It is a bit hard to see how firmware modified with Superpatcher on the bird could cause a soft instability in the usb serial port of the controller that persists even after reverting to stock firmware and yet I have seen someone suggest that.  When did your first use Superpatcher?

I started using SP right from the beginning when brett started that project last year. With my old mavic i never had such problems with lost connections.
Maybe it is a platinum relatetd problem, i don‘t know. I have flashed several birds for friends, but never heard about this issue.
So it is like it is.
Thx andy
2020-4-19
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

Mine is standard Mavic Pro (not platinum).  Please post back here if you find something new on this topic.  I will do likewise.
2020-4-19
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Andyh77777 Posted at 4-19 05:26
Mine is standard Mavic Pro (not platinum).  Please post back here if you find something new on this topic.  I will do likewise.

Who did you told that, or where did you read about it, that superpatcher could be the problem?
Because, SP does nothing on the RC or the ports, it still patches the FC on the bird, all commands goes from the AC to the RC. I could not believe that, but i will ask on github also.
2020-4-19
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... .84181/#post-953506

This is the thread where connection issues discussed.  I agree it’s hard to see how SP could be involved.
2020-4-19
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

Andyh77777 Posted at 4-19 14:42
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/use-existing-galaxy-s6-or-buy-cheap-iphone.84181/#post-953506

This is the thread where connection issues discussed.  I agree it’s hard to see how SP could be involved.

But there is only you with "our" problem
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309173 ft

Slovakia

Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.
2020-4-22
Use props
weirdoz
lvl.1
Switzerland

djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89 Posted at 4-22 11:43
Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.

So your drone or the video is gone?
2020-4-22
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Australia

djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89 Posted at 4-22 11:43
Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.

Though its not clear that you have lost your aircraft I will assume you have, and in that case I am sorry to hear of your loss.  If the aircraft is a Mavic then you may do better to post on the mavicpilots.com forum and include your flight data.  There are some very experienced people there who can analyse your data and would likely be able to tell you exactly what went wrong and of more immediate concern where your bird is likely to be found.  Be sure to include more information like:
    • Model of drone.
    • Could you see the bird when control seemed to be lost
    • If so was it responding to controller input
    • What steps you took to regain control.

2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309173 ft

Slovakia

weirdoz Posted at 4-22 11:57
So your drone or the video is gone?

The Drone is lost
2020-4-22
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I am using superpatcher for a long time together with djigo4 mod, no problems at all.
I read the last month about this connection errors , It's look like DJI do it again the same thing with the phantom2 vision plus (I had him), there was an update of the app and then all wifi into the bird burn through, no spare parts, and of course out of the warranty. Many people couldn't fly any more and forced to buy a new drone. I wonder if this happen again????
It's a speculation , So that's why I used the old modded Go4 app based on 4.1.22, Superpatcher with boost FCC feature  and NFZ eraser to make a stock NFZ Dbase.
here link to phantom2

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41343&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D643%26typeid%3D643

2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules