Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ambient Light too Weak
12141 11 2020-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glhs958
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I was doing some work and got this msg 4 times during 1 flight.
"Ambient Light too Weak, Vision Positioning obstacle sensing is unavailable.,please ensure safety during the flight"
What would cause this warning to be triggered during a sunny midday with no clouds?
I was in point of intrest mode when this happened. First 2 was a 1000' orbit 350' agl at NE and W positions. Second 2 was a 380' orbit 100' agl at same NE and W positions.
Flights prior to this one and after had no msg's and all was fine.
Could a glare of sunlight or something cause this?

2020-4-18
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

I had a Mavic 2 Zoom that came out of the box with that problem, turned off all the sensors and caused it to hit a tree. If you can, exchange it for a new one. If not, you may have to send it to DJI. It is a hardware issue.
2020-4-18
Use props
Gregg F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40846 ft
United States

Accidental double post.
2020-4-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Could a glare of sunlight or something cause this?
Unlikely .. a bright light on the sensors would probably cause the sensors to think they were looking at an obstacle.

It might have been a rare, one-off glitch.
If you see it more frequently, try recalibrating the obstacle avoidance sensors.
2020-4-18
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides,
I will recalibrate it again. I did recalibrate the sensors last week and it has been extra sensitive since then. That would be a good starting point.
2020-4-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Glhs958, if it reappears or happens frequently, please provide the screenshot or a screen recording video, with the firmware version info, I'll check with our engineers.
2020-4-19
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Thor,
This morning I went ahead and refreshed V.510 on the Mavic. I also calibrated Vision, IMU, Gimbal ect.. I will test it more during this coming week.
Just thought it was odd after looking at flight record and the positions at which the msg appeared. it only happened during the poi mode that day on just one flight. It is running the latest V .510 and everything is in order. never crashed or misused ect..
Here is a screen shot of flight in question msg #J is same location as #K but under.
2020-4-19
Use props
Black_panther
New

Philippines

I recently purchased Mavic air 2 and while testing it flying it backward and forward, it prompted return to home coz the battery was running low. Without doing anything, it immediately flew sideways and crashed into our roof. The service center informed me that it was due to ambient light too weak, thus, the obstacle feature did not function that time. It should have automatically flew back to me since i was just nearby without crashing itself. They claimed it was user error which i strongly disagree
2021-4-13
Use props
keened
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2020-4-19 02:18
Hi Glhs958, if it reappears or happens frequently, please provide the screenshot or a screen recording video, with the firmware version info, I'll check with our engineers.

I had the same issue. The drone did not stop when it got too close to my neighbor's house and it crashed. Now I get this same issue all the time. Mavic Air 2
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_zgIRtHA8Jef3
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2020-4-19 02:18

So what’s the answer to this problem? I can’t fly my $1200 toy???? I’m not happy
2023-1-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And what is your toy?
2023-1-22
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zgIRtHA8Jef3 Posted at 1-22 07:50
So what’s the answer to this problem? I can’t fly my $1200 toy???? I’m not happy

I was getting a reflection of the sun off a metal roof.
2023-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules