Mavic Pro Glitches in Air
1544 9 2020-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karlj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244344 ft

Singapore

My Mavic Pro has been experiencing some kind of glitch mid-air where the camera would go out of focus and suddenly change color, then the gimbal would become erratic. The drone stays in place and the camera usually recovers after letting it hover for a while or land and restart the drone.

For some reason, the recording can only be found in the phone cache and not on the drone's SD card. I checked the logs for these flights and I never found any errors or issues. Does anyone else experience this?

2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi karlj, please check if a non-compatible third-party SD card is being used. Try to use another SD card and see if the issue persists.
The supported SD card specs: max capacity is 128 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.
Besides, please make sure that the anti-drop hooks are all hanging in the right place, try to calibrate the gimbal and reset camera settings.
If the issue persists, you may send in the drone for diagnosis, you can contact the local dealer or our support http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2020-4-20
Use props
karlj
lvl.2

Singapore

Thanks admin for the response. I'm certain that my SD card is compatible and I had the camera calibrated.
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_A5nTZMdutbgN
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI Thor Posted at 4-20 03:31
Hi karlj, please check if a non-compatible third-party SD card is being used. Try to use another SD card and see if the issue persists.
The supported SD card specs: max capacity is 128 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.
Besides, please make sure that the anti-drop hooks are all hanging in the right place, try to calibrate the gimbal and reset camera settings.

this has absolutely nothing to do with an incompatible memory card, i have been using my 64 GB supported memory card for a year or so, all of the sudden THIS PROBLEM STARTED HAPPENING TO ME TOO, the gimbal seems to flip 180 degrees, and takes a while to come back, calibrated the gimbal a dozen times, for some reason it only happens while flying and in non windy day and No i didnt happen to hit something while flying.

karli: the reason u dont find the footage on your card is probably because the recording STOPS when this issue happens in mid-air, i too lost half of my footage unknowingly it has stopped recording, but it was saved on my phone only lower resolution !

I really cant believe what kind of crap Dji invents these days, this is my first and probably LAST drone from them, i bought it a couple of years back, NEVER DROPPED IT, NEVER EVER NOT ONCE, Never exposed it to water etc... took a really good care of it protected in a bag 99% of the time.

The Mavic pro gave me all sorts of cr@p, you can hardly ever consider it reliable, hardly EVER, if you want to fly you need to check EVERYTHING a night before to make sure all sensors are cailbrated and No errors are showing ! and before taking off you must reassure that, i had to recalibrate my sensors SEVERAL times using their PC App, i dont understand the reason why the sensors would go our of sync despite not flying it for a while ?!? and now this new issue karli is discussing not sure what is causing it either !...

Finally, all sorts of small but critical glitches like loosing connection in mid-air, app freezes, remote restarts etc. finally i lost faith in Dji f* cr@p products and will NEVER spend a dime on their crap drones, my mavic pro was flying safe and sound, controller disconnected and gave weirdest errors i have ever seen on a controller ever ! signal lost in the weirdest manner ever, gimbal started to act up and all that crap mid air, not mentioning battery for some reason flies only for about 15 minutes Max, then drone force landed on a tree on an island and now i lost it forever probably due to Dji crap engineering, am just happy they dont invent real aircrafts !...
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

karlj Posted at 4-20 07:22
Thanks admin for the response. I'm certain that my SD card is compatible and I had the camera calibrated.

Sorry for the delay, you may need to send the drone for service in this situation.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_A5nTZMdutbgN Posted at 4-20 12:50
this has absolutely nothing to do with an incompatible memory card, i have been using my 64 GB supported memory card for a year or so, all of the sudden THIS PROBLEM STARTED HAPPENING TO ME TOO, the gimbal seems to flip 180 degrees, and takes a while to come back, calibrated the gimbal a dozen times, for some reason it only happens while flying and in non windy day and No i didnt happen to hit something while flying.

karli: the reason u dont find the footage on your card is probably because the recording STOPS when this issue happens in mid-air, i too lost half of my footage unknowingly it has stopped recording, but it was saved on my phone only lower resolution !

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with the drone. It is suggested contacting us or our support when you are experiencing issues with the drone so we can work together to solve the issue.
If the drone lost RC connection while flying, please kindly adjust the antennas of the RC and see if the connection can be established.
For the freezing app, may we know the mobile device you are using? Please try to reinstall the latest app and try again (note the back up the file and sync the record first).
Regarding the controller restarting, if you have saved the video of this case, please kindly provide it to me, I will forward it to our engineers to check.
If it happens frequently, please send in the drone for diagnosis and service. Please kindly contact the dealer or our support to start a case. http://www.dji.com/support       
2020-4-27
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hello, If you have seen video from DJI Thor and it did not help you, I think that your Gimbal flex cable may be broken somewere. If you do not have warranty from DJI I would suggest to do it yourself  DIY.  See the videos on Youtube. It is not easy "tiny screws etc." but you can do it. I did IT.   Cables are arround 20$ a piece. If you disassemble a gibal, change both of them (gimbal flex cable and camera cable) just to be sure. It is only 20$ investment more but you are set for long time. Please see other options first, before
dismemberment of your aircraft ! Good luck.
2020-4-27
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Croatia

Micato Posted at 4-27 11:21
Hello, If you have seen video from DJI Thor and it did not help you, I think that your Gimbal flex cable may be broken somewere. If you do not have warranty from DJI I would suggest to do it yourself  DIY.  See the videos on Youtube. It is not easy "tiny screws etc." but you can do it. I did IT.   Cables are arround 20$ a piece. If you disassemble a gibal, change both of them (gimbal flex cable and camera cable) just to be sure. It is only 20$ investment more but you are set for long time. Please see other options first, before
dismemberment of your aircraft ! Good luck.

Hmmm? What is that white thing, that we can see on the right corner 0:16 min? Mavic PRO does not have WHITE alpine version? Is it Platinum?
2020-4-27
Use props
karlj
lvl.2

Singapore

Micato Posted at 4-27 11:35
Hmmm? What is that white thing, that we can see on the right corner 0:16 min? Mavic PRO does not have WHITE alpine version? Is it Platinum?

Thanks for the reply Micato. Are you talking about gimbal ribbon cable replacement? I can try that once I can get my hands on a spare. There is an Alpine Mavic Pro but mine is the regular version. I suspect the camera moved to the extreme right and what you saw is part of the gimbal.
2020-4-29
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Croatia

karlj Posted at 4-29 06:55
Thanks for the reply Micato. Are you talking about gimbal ribbon cable replacement? I can try that once I can get my hands on a spare. There is an Alpine Mavic Pro but mine is the regular version. I suspect the camera moved to the extreme right and what you saw is part of the gimbal.

Yes I am talking about replacement of a gimbal ribbon cable. That is my first thought. Thanks, I did not know that there is an Alpine version of Mavic pro
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules