Tring to follow a truck
765 23 2020-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Hi all, during filming in front of my office last month I've tried to follow a truck this is the result, no second try no video editing just some music an that's it.

Thanks
Bye
2020-4-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice Video
2020-4-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice video, thanks for sharing.

but I have a question; maybe it's me.  who flys this low?  isn't it risky to fly this low because your drone can be seen, you are more likely to hit something, or if something goes wrong you have less time (mini) you have less time to react?  maybe I'm too risk adverse or I'm not that good a pilot but as luck would have it, you'll hit a pole, a tree, or a building....something you didn't see.  why not just fly at 150 feet way above everything and call it a day?  am I mistaken, can not all the other cars on the road see this drone flying in and around the highway or do cars not notice?  I understand the target gets tiny when you fly too high....im trying not to have some paranoid motorist call in their a drone flying over cars or flying in traffic even though you might not be.
2020-4-19
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Stuff like this by ONE person,
Cause laws & regulations to be made for ALL persons.
2020-4-19
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

New function in next firmware upgrade: follow truck
2020-4-19
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Like it , like it a lot. Thanks mate!!!
2020-4-19
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-19 09:20
nice video, thanks for sharing.

but I have a question; maybe it's me.  who flys this low?  isn't it risky to fly this low because your drone can be seen, you are more likely to hit something, or if something goes wrong you have less time (mini) you have less time to react?  maybe I'm too risk adverse or I'm not that good a pilot but as luck would have it, you'll hit a pole, a tree, or a building....something you didn't see.  why not just fly at 150 feet way above everything and call it a day?  am I mistaken, can not all the other cars on the road see this drone flying in and around the highway or do cars not notice?  I understand the target gets tiny when you fly too high....im trying not to have some paranoid motorist call in their a drone flying over cars or flying in traffic even though you might not be.

Seems lower than it actually is?
2020-4-19
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-19 11:49
Stuff like this by ONE person,
Cause laws & regulations to be made for ALL persons.

They make up rules and regs anyway!! No mattet how you or I fly. Plus, its a mini????
2020-4-19
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Roundabouts... UGGG!!

Becoming a thing locally but they konphuze the blue hairs!!

Good piloting skills in following "manually"!
2020-4-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly lower than that over other boats underway and they never notice it, except once by a kayaker when it was only about 20 feet over him. He just smiled and waved.
2020-4-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Heey.... STOP that truck! There's my Intelligent Flight Battery there! Where are you going BRT !?  

Just thinking about it... BRT... wasn't it once Bartolini ? The next time you know of a carrier not being three lettered give me shout: SDA, DHL, BRT, UPS, TNT, there's USPS... but it's not in Italy so...and wasn't TNT an explosive ? My mind keeps wandering...(because of too much lockdown probably).
2020-4-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess I never notice the drone either until I spot the pilot.  he usually has a vest one or his trunk is open and he's holding something (remote).  then when I look up and search for a bit, I can spot the drone.  otherwise, I guess they aren't so visible.  still I'm a bit paranoid to fly in and around and beside traffic for extended periods.
2020-4-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

That's why they use them to spottingscope trespassers... how nice our postcards look this year
I guess they don't notice anything until Police show up and give them the ticket. Not that it takes much... but I guess they can be more efficient if they strike the first go.

2020-4-19
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, thanks for the appreciation, I don't think that I've broken any law, I was flying at least at 30/35ft (a little above 10mt) in the lowest part of the flight, in many flights I've figured out that  many people don't notice the drone when it's over 15mt when they are in cars they don't even notice it at 5mt.

Thanks to all
Stay safe
2020-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice flying.
2020-4-20
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Nice video!
2020-4-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying and nice video.
2020-4-20
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Nice attempt to follow the truck.  I had some concern for the tower and pole, though they were a good ways off.  VLOS is always super important,
2020-4-20
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

GaryDoug Posted at 4-19 13:16
I fly lower than that over other boats underway and they never notice it, except once by a kayaker when it was only about 20 feet over him. He just smiled and waved.

Kind of risky over the road, but nice flying :-)

@GaryDoug: I guess the captain never noticed, but fun nevertheless.. #Spark

2020-4-20
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Very cool!

Cheers!
=C=
2020-4-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You'd make a good detective!
2020-4-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying.
2020-4-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 4-20 03:13
Kind of risky over the road, but nice flying :-)

@GaryDoug: I guess the captain never noticed, but fun nevertheless.. #Spark

Nice flying
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nice work, note the lines while flying btw, happy and safe flying.
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules