DJI Fly 1.0.8 - Samsung Note 8 Issue - Phone restart
6061 19 2020-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FX97utQqkOfg
lvl.3
Italy

Hi all,
I just bought a new Mavic Mini but I can not enjoy flying with it.
It often happens that my phone automatically and randomly restarts when the DJI App is active and in fly mode. The phone is in the list of compatible devices.
App version 1.0.8 and Android 9 with latest patch installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I already made a factory reset but the situation is still the same.
Could you please help me?
Thanks.
2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for your experience with the DJI Fly, any chance to test with another phone to see if the issue persists? For your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, did you try to re-install the APP for further tests? Please ensure the flight records have been synced and back up the important footage before un-installing.
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_FX97utQqkOfg
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-19 19:32
Hi there, sorry for your experience with the DJI Fly, any chance to test with another phone to see if the issue persists? For your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, did you try to re-install the APP for further tests? Please ensure the flight records have been synced and back up the important footage before un-installing.

Hi,
Of course. I tried it with an iPhone X and with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and no problem was found. I reinstalled the app but the problem was still the same. It is random. I noticed that my Note upgraded to the April patch, could you please investigate and let me know? I saw in the forum that this type of problem was already happened with other Samsung devices in the past.
I will not use the Mavic Mini other times since I will return it back to DJI in the 14 days if the problem persists.
Thanks.
2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_FX97utQqkOfg Posted at 4-19 22:26
Hi,
Of course. I tried it with an iPhone X and with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and no problem was found. I reinstalled the app but the problem was still the same. It is random. I noticed that my Note upgraded to the April patch, could you please investigate and let me know? I saw in the forum that this type of problem was already happened with other Samsung devices in the past.
I will not use the Mavic Mini other times since I will return it back to DJI in the 14 days if the problem persists.

We have forward it to our engineers for further tests. I will come back to you once we hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.
2020-4-20
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 02:00
We have forward it to our engineers for further tests. I will come back to you once we hear anything from them, appreciate your patience.

Is there any news about the topic? Is the April patch the cause of the issue? I tried also all versions of the app from 1.0.3 ... Nothing changed. The problem seems to be triggered when the RC lose connection with the Mavic for multiple consequential times.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nicovis Posted at 4-22 08:15
Is there any news about the topic? Is the April patch the cause of the issue? I tried also all versions of the app from 1.0.3 ... Nothing changed. The problem seems to be triggered when the RC lose connection with the Mavic for multiple consequential times.

Not yet, we are still waiting for the update from the engineers, thanks for your extra information, I will keep you posted as soon as possible.
2020-4-22
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 23:36
Not yet, we are still waiting for the update from the engineers, thanks for your extra information, I will keep you posted as soon as possible.
Hi.

I add also other info in order to speed up the fix for your colleagues:
- The problem persists also with today's firmware update
- The phone reboot itself even if the drone is not flying. I can recreate the problem by locating the RC faraway from the Mavic and making it reconnect and disconnect.
- Nothing to do with Fast Charging battery mode
2020-4-23
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

My Phone Configuration:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Model SM-N950F)
- Chipset Exynos 9 Octa (8895)
- Android 9.0
- One UI 1.0
- N950FXXSADTDB1 (Kernel 4.4.111-16983991) - (Build PPR1.180610.011.N950FXXSADTC4)
-  Security Patch: April 2020
- Stock theme
2020-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nicovis Posted at 4-23 11:11
My Phone Configuration:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Model SM-N950F)
- Chipset Exynos 9 Octa (8895)

We are grateful for the details, we will forward to our engineers for further analysis.
2020-4-24
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

The problem still persists with app v1.1.0.

I will claim a refund and I cannot even buy the Mavic Air 2.

Good job DJI
2020-4-28
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

So....? Is there a solution after few months?
2020-7-6
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

I am still waiting for your kind reply
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_I6cqolBqPtk5
New

South Africa

I just bought a mavic mini flymore combo today. The mobile phone can not connect to the RC by cable.  I use a Samsung Galaxy note 8 android phone. Please instruct me what to do.
2020-7-8
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_I6cqolBqPtk5 Posted at 7-8 08:32
I just bought a mavic mini flymore combo today. The mobile phone can not connect to the RC by cable.  I use a Samsung Galaxy note 8 android phone. Please instruct me what to do.

As you see, no feedback in 3 months. Proceed and request a refund. Thank me later.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_kKOadSj3scRZ
New
Croatia

I have a same issue with a samsung note8. I have noticed that i cannot conect my phone to pc. It seems to be a usb board that is faulty in my phone. Its been replaced today and tested on pc, it connects. Will try with a remote later and update.
I have been using my wifes note10 for flights so far without problems

Update: it was a usb board problem in my note8, it works fine. I belive thats one more thing to check before asking for refund
2020-10-5
Use props
djiuser_gL99kpXPl9N4
New

Canada

Same problem . I have a samsung note 8. I can connect the controller even move the gimbal!. while it says its not connected. Had it for 4 days and cant even fly it..
I dont know . At this point i want refund. #mini3
2021-1-12
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_gL99kpXPl9N4 Posted at 1-12 23:20
Same problem . I have a samsung note 8. I can connect the controller even move the gimbal!. while it says its not connected. Had it for 4 days and cant even fly it..
I dont know . At this point i want refund. #mini3

Mini 1 or Mini 2?
Android Snapdragon or exynos?
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_gL99kpXPl9N4
New

Canada

Samsung note 8. Dji mini 2
Long story short. Dont buy this drone if you have a samsung NOTE 8 android
2021-1-21
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_gL99kpXPl9N4 Posted at 1-21 18:02
Samsung note 8. Dji mini 2
Long story short. Dont buy this drone if you have a samsung NOTE 8 android

What a shame. 24 months and problems again. And it's in compatibility list.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_Rg3gNombYbq4
New

United Kingdom

For note 8 . Install dji fly app through apk installer.  Worked for me.
2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules