Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Birds attacking Inspire 1
899 2 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pdmclardy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi , Has anyone else had a problem with birds attacking their drone ?

I live on the west coast of Scotland and several times now I have had birds attacking my Inspire 1 , mainly gulls but at the weekend it was Curlews , I have not struck any yet but fear its a real possibility and my drone to fall out the sky !  
I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem , has anyone actually hit a bird yet and if so what was the outcome

look forward to any advice or help anyone can give on this matter

Peter
2015-6-15
Use props
tedbotic.gmail
lvl.2

United States

The Gulls hate drones! I was flying around Monterey Bay in California a couple of weeks ago and within a minute of getting in the air, dozens of birds started chasing me down. I even climbed up to close to 200', only to have the Gulls fly up and continue to do to close for comfort passes by my Inspire. While I am usually a bit tense flying over water, the only thing that phased me on these flights was the birds!

Luckily, I didn't strike any of them, but I am sure that it almost guaranteed to happen to someone. My best advice, stay away from high Gull areas.

Ted
2015-6-15
Use props
Scotflieger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
United Kingdom

Living opposite you on the north east coast of Scotland, I keep a good lookout for any birds in the area. Gulls and others will mainly only attack during the nesting session to protect their young. It is best to avoid cliffs and other nesting sites from May to July.  If they do attack climb as the Inspire is faster than most trouble makers.
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules