MavicAir 2 is not smartcontroller compatible...why?
1234Next >
13682 120 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauroT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I read from the Argentine certification site (now on the net on nn youtube channels) that mavic air will use the DJI FLY app.

A possible abandonment of smartcontroller for future drones? (in the smartcontroller advertisement it was indicated, "will be compatible with future drones")

or porting the dji FLY app to smartcontroller?

2020-4-20
Use props
Maverick.Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4645085 ft
  • >>>
Italy

New Smart controller 2.0 ?
2020-4-21
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Maverick.Pro Posted at 4-21 04:03
New Smart controller 2.0 ?

I'd say yes
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If the Mavic Air 2 doesn't work with the Smart Controller (which would be really ridiculous) I won't buy one. And I think I have just about all DJI Drones, I think that means something when I say this.
2020-4-23
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Bryan Posted at 4-23 14:23
If the Mavic Air 2 doesn't work with the Smart Controller (which would be really ridiculous) I won't buy one. And I think I have just about all DJI Drones, I think that means something when I say this.

From the first rumors it seems that mavic air 2 will use the DJI FLY app which is an incompatible application with the smartcontroller for which an important firmware update would be needed.
So, no, at the moment it is excluded that it will be compatible with mavic air 2.
you have to use the big, with no screen info, new radicontroller
2020-4-24
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

any news about SC and Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-28
Use props
Hollywood VR Games
lvl.2

United States

I bought SC because the FAQ section on DJI says that Mavic Air 2 will be supported. Hopefully this happens soon.
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hollywood VR Games Posted at 5-28 15:49
I bought SC because the FAQ section on DJI says that Mavic Air 2 will be supported. Hopefully this happens soon.

Hello I agree
Rumor had it the it would be supported within 2 weeks of the official  release date. It's been announced over a month ago. Released 2 weeks ago.. no update yet..
2020-5-29
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

ET214 Posted at 5-29 09:31
Hello I agree
Rumor had it the it would be supported within 2 weeks of the official  release date. It's been announced over a month ago. Released 2 weeks ago.. no update yet..

even for the phantom had indicated shortly ... and it's been a year to get it. I think we won't see it until next year.
2020-5-29
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MauroT Posted at 5-29 09:35
even for the phantom had indicated shortly ... and it's been a year to get it. I think we won't see it until next year.

I wish that I had waited. I at least thought that I could use the Crystal Sky ( HAHAHA) then when I found out that I couldn't I thought: " oh well it will only be a couple of weeks".  Now I have to go back to being frustrated trying to fly with a phone or tablet in the sun. It is maddening. That's why I shelled out the bucks not only for the Crystal Sky but also for the Smart Controller...
Live and learn huh? Guess I  could go and shell out some more bucks and get the Phantom 4 Pro v2 and then an inspire  v2 (both can use a Crystal Sky), OR...  ( for me) just focus on something really worthwhile instead of misleading companies.

2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_RpLG7qz7ggJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 23:55
Hi MauroT, thanks for your attention, we do not have any related information about whether Smart Controller will support more drones, please keep an eye on the future update in DJI website.

Then why did your company state online that the MA2 compatibility was just a few weeks away at launch?

Which is it???
2020-6-1
Use props
fansd137d347
lvl.2
Flight distance : 414551 ft
United States

djiuser_RpLG7qz7ggJH Posted at 6-1 14:10
Then why did your company state online that the MA2 compatibility was just a few weeks away at launch?

Which is it???

Yes DJI, would you please address in detail this statement  'we do no have any information about whether Smart Controller will support'   -  following official statements that it will be compatible after 2 weeks from release. Did I just trow away $750? Why are we all confused with your communication?
2020-6-1
Use props
fansd137d347
lvl.2
Flight distance : 414551 ft
United States

Kindly respond DJI
2020-6-2
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MauroT Posted at 4-24 01:23
From the first rumors it seems that mavic air 2 will use the DJI FLY app which is an incompatible application with the smartcontroller for which an important firmware update would be needed.
So, no, at the moment it is excluded that it will be compatible with mavic air 2.
you have to use the big, with no screen info, new radicontroller

Hi I added the DJI Fly App to my Smart Controller.
See this forum post here for more info:
DJI Fly App on the Smart Controller
but I HAVE NOT CONNECTED THE MAVIC AIR 2 to the SC
2020-6-2
Use props
DroneJon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48248 ft
United Kingdom

I also purchased the SC to use with my MA2, so I'm also keen to hear why DJI stated "a couple of weeks" for support, yet now they are being vague
2020-6-3
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ET214 Posted at 6-2 11:40
Hi I added the DJI Fly App to my Smart Controller.
See this forum post here for more info:
DJI Fly App on the Smart Controller

test and let us know.
2020-6-3
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 6-3 05:43
test and let us know.

Hi I did test.. I did not try and connect my Mavic Air 2 to the Smart Controller.
I was able to see my Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Fly App on the Smart Controller.
If you want any further testing, please feel free  try it.
That's why I put the link up.
2020-6-3
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they don’t add support for the Mavic Air 2, DJI will be buying this smart remote back from me.  
2020-6-3
Use props
DroneJon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48248 ft
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 6-3 06:50
If they don’t add support for the Mavic Air 2, DJI will be buying this smart remote back from me.

Me too! I dont intend wasting £600 on something I cannot use
2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_RpLG7qz7ggJH Posted at 6-1 14:10
Then why did your company state online that the MA2 compatibility was just a few weeks away at launch?

Which is it???

Hi there, sorry for any misunderstanding, for Mavic Air 2, it will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update.
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_e9wUVix2qNoN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69957 ft
Germany

when will that be roughly?
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_e9wUVix2qNoN
lvl.2
Germany

when will that be roughly?
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_e9wUVix2qNoN
lvl.2
Germany

it cannot be too difficult to publish a firmware at this time. finally since you DJI.
The reason is very likely that you are not interested in whether your customers are satisfied.
the Fly APP runs on the SC and the remote control is also shown as connected. So it is only necessary to implement the remote control profile. Basta
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_e9wUVix2qNoN
lvl.2
Germany

oh yeah forget it ... if DJI were busy with the firmware they would have given the info where it failed.
2020-6-4
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Some time ago DJI invited us to participate in the BETA program to implement and test new features for the SC. Many people kindly accepted to participate, and started to send feedbacks, and suggestions. DJI simply ignored them all and left those users with a BETA firmware for almost 1 year. The new version finally came with the same bugs, unfinished features, and no answer for the many feedbacks sent by the beta testers.

So at this point, when an DJI Admin come here and say that some MUCH REQUESTED feature will be in a "future firmware update" I woudn't hold my breath until (or if) it will actually come.
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG
lvl.4
France

Hi everyone

I have just bought mavic air 2 with smart controller to discover they were incompatible!
what a disappointment
wish I read this post before buying it

I think I will retun the unit because no one seems to know if there would be an upgrade of the firmware which could make the controller compatible

2020-6-5
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG Posted at 6-5 04:59
Hi everyone

I have just bought mavic air 2 with smart controller to discover they were incompatible!

dji never indicated that the smart controller was compatible with Mavic air 2, but that it would be.

Let's hope it is soon.

https://store.dji.com/guides/mav ... g-you-need-to-know/

"Can I use the DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?           
Yes. Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update.

"
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG
lvl.4
France

MauroT Posted at 6-5 05:16
dji never indicated that the smart controller was compatible with Mavic air 2, but that it would be.

Let's hope it is soon.

Thank you MauroT

it would be good if Dji could tell us when they expect the update release.
Is it a matter of weeks or months...

I mean be more precise.

2020-6-5
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_yWhKaoM2wSMG Posted at 6-5 05:43
Thank you MauroT

it would be good if Dji could tell us when they expect the update release.

the same thing happened for the phantom, after about 1 year it was made compatible with SC....
2020-6-5
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Personally think DJI shouldn't even have released the Maviv Air 2 before they make the Smart Controller compatible with it, simply because they've clearly specified in the Smart Controller's product description that it is compatible with future drone using Occusync 2; but very obviously it's not delivering what DJI has promised. I feel sorry for those who have bought the Mavic Air 2 under the impression that it is compatible with the Smart Controller; and DJI should give a full refund to people who bought the Mavic Air 2 and those who bought the Smart Controller with the expectation that it will support future drones using Occusync2.
2020-6-5
Use props
MauroT
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Monkey007 Posted at 6-5 06:00
Personally think DJI shouldn't even have released the Maviv Air 2 before they make the Smart Controller compatible with it, simply because they've clearly specified in the Smart Controller's product description that it is compatible with future drone using Occusync 2; but very obviously it's not delivering what DJI has promised. I feel sorry for those who have bought the Mavic Air 2 under the impression that it is compatible with the Smart Controller; and DJI should give a full refund to people who bought the Mavic Air 2 and those who bought the Smart Controller with the expectation that it will support future drones using Occusync2.

I have the smartcontroller...but I am, unfortunately, almost sure that with the next mavic 3 pro/zoom will have the ocusync 3 system...and therefore our smart controllers will no longer be usable for "future drone".

2020-6-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MauroT Posted at 6-5 06:29
I have the smartcontroller...but I am, unfortunately, almost sure that with the next mavic 3 pro/zoom will have the ocusync 3 system...and therefore our smart controllers will no longer be usable for "future drone".

Hi , as much as I hate to admit it, I'm almost inclined to agree.
Look at the Crystal Sky. when it was released DJI stated that it would work with all DJI drones , well it did up until the last 2 Mavics ( Mavic Minina nd Mavic Air 2). I'm not sure if its compatible with the latest Matrice which uses a Smart Controller ( enterprise version) .
So  even though DJI has stated that all drones using OccuSync 2.0 will be compatible with the Smart Controller, here we are 30 days after the product was announced and 2-3 weeks after shipping and we are still at the same spot: No compatibility with the Mavic Air 2.
All I can say is if they again prove to be speaking falsehoods, it will be the last time that I listen.
2020-6-5
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ET214 Posted at 6-5 12:41
Hi , as much as I hate to admit it, I'm almost inclined to agree.
Look at the Crystal Sky. when it was released DJI stated that it would work with all DJI drones , well it did up until the last 2 Mavics ( Mavic Minina nd Mavic Air 2). I'm not sure if its compatible with the latest Matrice which uses a Smart Controller ( enterprise version) .
So  even though DJI has stated that all drones using OccuSync 2.0 will be compatible with the Smart Controller, here we are 30 days after the product was announced and 2-3 weeks after shipping and we are still at the same spot: No compatibility with the Mavic Air 2.

Smart Controller owners who bought the Mavic Air 2 should get a full refund for both products!
2020-6-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 6-5 14:05
Smart Controller owners who bought the Mavic Air 2 should get a full refund for both products!

Hi I actually bought my Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 Pro. It is a dream. Quick  to deploy- no cables or muss to fuss with when starting up..
hopefully they will release the compatibility soon and everyone can enjoy using it.
2020-6-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone provide the link or a screenshot of where DJI had given a timeline for when they would release the firmware to make the Smart Controller compatible with the MA2?  It would be HIGHLY unusual for DJI to make a forward looking statement on the future release availability like that.  From the moment the MA2 release happened on their website, their FAQ said exactly what was quoted by KouroT in post #31.   

The only time I personally have seen DJI provide a date like that was for the Mavic Mini to enable the ability to unlock authorization zones.  They ended up meeting the exact timeline they had communicated, but did so not even 1 day earlier than was communicated.  
2020-6-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 6-5 14:44
Can someone provide the link or a screenshot of where DJI had given a timeline for when they would release the firmware to make the Smart Controller compatible with the MA2?  It would be HIGHLY unusual for DJI to make a forward looking statement on the future release availability like that.  From the moment the MA2 release happened on their website, their FAQ said exactly what was quoted by KouroT in post #31.   

The only time I personally have seen DJI provide a date like that was for the Mavic Mini to enable the ability to unlock authorization zones.  They ended up meeting the exact timeline they had communicated, but did so not even 1 day earlier than was communicated.

Hi
I cannot give a screenshot or any thing that DJI has officially stated on their timeframe except that they keep referring to 'a FUTURE update'.  That is so ambiguous.
On the other hand, I did run across this on another forum... you may find it interesting and informative.

DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3
2020-6-6
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-6 08:20
Hi
I cannot give a screenshot or any thing that DJI has officially stated on their timeframe except that they keep referring to 'a FUTURE update'.  That is so ambiguous.
On the other hand, I did run across this on another forum... you may find it interesting and informative.

Yep, I've seen that Chinese post  and read through it a while back.  As far as I remember, it references quite a few features, but doesn't refer to the SC support.
2020-6-7
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

MauroT Posted at 4-21 04:52
I'd say yes

Yes to which question?  Or both
2020-6-12
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

MauroT Posted at 4-21 04:52
I'd say yes

Yes to which question?  Or both
2020-6-12
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.2
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-29 09:45
I wish that I had waited. I at least thought that I could use the Crystal Sky ( HAHAHA) then when I found out that I couldn't I thought: " oh well it will only be a couple of weeks".  Now I have to go back to being frustrated trying to fly with a phone or tablet in the sun. It is maddening. That's why I shelled out the bucks not only for the Crystal Sky but also for the Smart Controller...
Live and learn huh? Guess I  could go and shell out some more bucks and get the Phantom 4 Pro v2 and then an inspire  v2 (both can use a Crystal Sky), OR...  ( for me) just focus on something really worthwhile instead of misleading companies.

You say it very well my friend!
2020-6-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules