Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has GoPro given up? The down-fall of a camera giant :(
1370 10 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

From over $85 per share to just $3 at this time, GoPro can't blame the global pandemic on their collapse from tech-giant to penny-share camera manufacturer. Is it too late for GoPro and was the DJI Osmo Action the final nail in the coffin?

2020-4-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Crises or not
what was it we're talking about, or you were?   need to  see why  I see this, a blank post see  photo

2020-4-20
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

A very interesting report and it will be something to watch out for in the coming months to year to see what GoPro can do.

Thanks for sharing.
2020-4-20
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 4-20 10:50
A very interesting report and it will be something to watch out for in the coming months to year to see what GoPro can do.

Thanks for sharing.

Indeed and thanks for the comment, I genuinely hope that GoPro find a way to recover, but their 5 year performance suggests that this may be too much of a hurdle, sadly.
2020-4-20
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Fishycomics Posted at 4-20 07:19
Crises or not
what was it we're talking about, or you were?   need to  see why  I see this, a blank post see  photo
[view_image]

Can't you see a video?
2020-4-20
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

GP was in serious problems long before this virus, and they cant really go further back than they are now, so i do think its time to say bye bye to them.

Not that i will miss them i only had  one GP camera and that was the very first one with the 2 AAA batteries in it,,,,,,, still have it too have not recorded more than a few hours in total.
GP have always given me sort of the same vibes the fruit phone company do.
2020-4-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I do hope they find their way up.
2020-4-21
Use props
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

As DroningON said in the video, they just didn't listen to their customers and Hero 8 is just a physical evidence of that (making the front lens glass protector non removable is maybe their stupidest idea). Also, for me personally, image quality is one of the most important things and the hero 8 quality is just bad unless you shoot in 4k (the hypersmooth compression is really bad on lower resolutions). And also that color science is just plain bad (it just amazes me because hero 7 had great color science, they really nailed it). Let's not mention the constant freezes and software issues. I heard rumors that the gp1 proccessor is the culprit and they plan to revert back to ambarella. I also heard of a possible acquisition by Apple which to me it seems the best possible solution for them. The fact that the first generation of DJI action camera can stand toe to toe, and in many aspects is better than Hero 8 just tells how good the Osmo Action is. Let's not forget the cheap build quality and those expensive and useless accesories (that media mod microphone is a joke).
2020-4-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2020-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks Broke.
2020-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They have real history with dji , originally they were going to be the company that supplied all cameras to dji and there was a major falling out which seemed to start an almost personal war, culminating in go pro trying to enter the drone market, but with the phenomenal rise of Mavic pro and the fall of karma go pro seemed to go straight downhill, it then seemed dji weren’t happy and went after their camera market. I don’t see dji buying go pro but taking it over maybe , I think with insta 360 and OA go pro need to invest heavily to remain number 1 in this market and I don’t think shareholders have the stomach for it.
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules