Mavic 2 Pro Battery causes erratic flight
607 4 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
98Sunsetfan
lvl.1

Mexico

I've been a M2P owner by 8 months now, and I'm into filmmaking. For this porpuse I have a set of 4 batteries that have worked perfectly until recently. Without any apparent reason, one day the Mavic performed a very erratic flight, showing the Max Motor Speed Reached and even climbed all the way up to 1000 meters. It did not respond to any imput, untill it finally started responding.
The thing is, I did some analysis into flight logs, and I found that the error only occurs with that specific battery, showing the Not Enough Force/ESC Error. Also, flights with any other batteries are just normal and stable. Any thoughts on what could have possibly damaged the battery? Is it possible to calibrate or refresh battery firmware?

Than you all for your replies     

2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi 98Sunsetfan, sorry for the trouble with the drone, are you sure the drone climbed up 1000 meters? Actually the drone's altitude is limited in 500 meters. How many times does the issue happen? Were you flying in Sport mode? To refresh the firmware, please mount this battery and then connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh.
2020-4-21
Use props
98Sunsetfan
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 04:14
Hi 98Sunsetfan, sorry for the trouble with the drone, are you sure the drone climbed up 1000 meters? Actually the drone's altitude is limited in 500 meters. How many times does the issue happen? Were you flying in Sport mode? To refresh the firmware, please mount this battery and then connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh.

I'm sure, the vertical distance appeared in red numbers when above 500m. Also the view was just so different at a 1000 meters.  Thankfully, the battery was at 80% still, that gave me time to maniobrate and somehow land the drone back. This error occurs every single time now, but just with this specific battery.

I've observed  that aircrafts rotation is the only input which allows me to regain control over the climbing drone.
P.S. RTH function wont stop height gain either
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

98Sunsetfan Posted at 4-21 12:15
I'm sure, the vertical distance appeared in red numbers when above 500m. Also the view was just so different at a 1000 meters.  Thankfully, the battery was at 80% still, that gave me time to maniobrate and somehow land the drone back. This error occurs every single time now, but just with this specific battery.

I've observed  that aircrafts rotation is the only input which allows me to regain control over the climbing drone.

Sorry for the late reponse, could you please sync your flight records to the server and then provide us your DJI account and the specific time of the accident for further analysis?
2020-4-23
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Check your cell deviations.
May have a cell starting to "leave the party"...
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules