14384 18 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harleyboy58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202543 ft
  • >>>
United States

one month old mavic mini, controller won't shut off. All four LED's flash in unison every second. I set the controller down, walked away from it.  A short while later it started beeping, after a couple of minutes of that it shut off.  Now, it won't turn on. LOL!  What gives? Yes, the battery(s) were fully charged.
2020-4-20
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Remember that turning on (and off) the controller (and drone) is a two step process.  short push and long.

https://www.dronefaq.io/how-to-power-up-your-mavic-air/
2020-4-20
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 4-20 18:52
Remember that turning on (and off) the controller (and drone) is a two step process.  short push and long.

https://www.dronefaq.io/how-to-power-up-your-mavic-air/

Correct, but when it doesn't respond to the two step shutting off process, then what? Now, it doesn't turn on (using the two step process, one short press  followed by one long press.)
Any other ideas?
2020-4-20
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Ultraman58 Posted at 4-20 19:02
Correct, but when it doesn't respond to the two step shutting off process, then what? Now, it doesn't turn on (using the two step process, one short press  followed by one long press.)
Any other ideas?

… the li'l stinker is in me tonight...  sorry!

2020-4-20
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ultraman58 Posted at 4-20 19:02
Correct, but when it doesn't respond to the two step shutting off process, then what? Now, it doesn't turn on (using the two step process, one short press  followed by one long press.)
Any other ideas?

Post a video of the issue if you can.
2020-4-20
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I tried to post a video but the forum doesn't support the video format of my Samsung Galexy note 9
2020-4-20
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I couldn't up load a video. The forum doesn't support my video format. So, I up loaded an image. I double tapped the power button. Here I'm holding the button down, won't power up, no lights, nothing. On the 1st tap of the buttons you should get LED's indicating battery level. Not even that. Nothing. Yes, the battery is fully charged.
15874470396626826606607779658925.jpg
2020-4-20
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-20 18:43
It's normal to start beeping after about 10 minutes of inactivity.   It does that to remind you to turn it off in case you forgot.  Moving a stick will silence the beep & restart the timer.  Most DJI RCs don't shut off, even after the inactivity reminder begins, until the battery is exhausted.  You'll have to check the manual to verify if Auto-off has been set for the Mini RC.

It sounds like the firmware suffered a partisl crash or the RC has broken.  Have you tried connecting it to the charger sgain?

Yes i re connected to the charger. It charges just fine but refuses to turn on .
2020-4-20
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

It's normal to start beeping after about 10 minutes of inactivity.   It does that to remind you to turn it off in case you forgot.  Moving a stick will silence the beep & restart the timer.  Most DJI RCs don't shut off, even after the inactivity reminder begins, until the battery is exhausted.  You'll have to check the manual to verify if Auto-off has been set for the Mini RC.

It sounds like the firmware suffered a partisl crash or the RC has broken.  Have you tried connecting it to the charger sgain?
2020-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote controller, please contact our support team http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. We'll do the best to help this out.
2020-4-21
Use props
Ultraman58
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-21 01:51
Could be the power button is faulty.  If you press once do the RC power lights turn on?  You could test the switch but it would require opening the RC.  Better to just send it in for service.

Hey dirtybird;

Turns out the power button was faulty, to a degree. I pressed the power button down and started to wiggle it around, up down, side to side and around. Suddenly the lights came on and then a couple of seconds they turned off.  I tried to replicate that action and again the lights came on.  I discovered if I hold the power button down and then push up and to the right the lights come on and if I do it again the remote powers up. Same thing to power down. So the contacts inside aren't aligned or something.  But that's what the problem is.
2020-4-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The button switches are surface mounted parts attached to the LED circuit board under the case. As often happens with surface mount parts, sometimes the solder is not sufficient to make contact reliably. It may make contact while testing or even in use for a while but eventually it can fail or function intermittently. It looks like it is a workmanship issue to me. To see what the part looks like watch this video. There is a small switch on each end of the long narrow LED circuit board, for RTH and Power:
2020-4-21
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

It sounds like the firmware suffered a partial crash or the RC has broken.  Have you tried connecting it to the charger sgain?

There is a setting to have the mini remote turn off after 10 minutes ?? Was just about to ask about this as mine doesn’t do that
2020-4-22
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Was about to say: probably incorrect solder flow during manufacturing.
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_k30YhUuHvcvG
New

Australia

Having the same issue. Can’t switch off the controller. Plz suggest
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_yexi7WHHD0xT
New

United States

djiuser_k30YhUuHvcvG Posted at 2020-12-2 01:47
Having the same issue. Can’t switch off the controller. Plz suggest

Did you figure out the remote issue?... same thing on my air 2...
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_IB5vBxnmP6o2
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2020-4-20 18:43

It sounds like the firmware suffered a partial crash or the RC has broken.  Have you tried connecting it to the charger sgain?

I've spent 8 hours watching YouTube instructional videos on this mini 2 I've had for 10 hours. You can't read the written instructions because they're so small they don't even work with a magnifying glass. Well after 8 hours I still can't get my phone to connect to the app to connect to the drone I cannot get my controller to shut down and it looks like neither can anybody else well if I can't shut it down how do I start it back up? I can't get past level two on the drone setup everything's locked up and I see this has been going on for years so I'd like to know what the percentage of your returns are of this drone because mine's being returned tomorrow. I spent too much research and drones to find the best drone made and if this is it this market's wide open.. they need to get someone that's normal to write the direction and to figure out the programming this is way too complicated and unnecessarily so.
2021-10-12
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’m having the same problem that my RC won’t shutdown after the latest update and aircraft firmware. My aircraft will shutdown ok but not my RC. It won’t let me post a video on here from my iPad.   Anyone else having this problem? Obviously I’m doing the correct shutdown sequence because I can shutdown my aircraft with no problem.
2023-10-17
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BIGTONE Posted at 10-17 10:03
I’m having the same problem that my RC won’t shutdown after the latest update and aircraft firmware. My aircraft will shutdown ok but not my RC. It won’t let me post a video on here from my iPad.   Anyone else having this problem? Obviously I’m doing the correct shutdown sequence because I can shutdown my aircraft with no problem.

Ok panic over. It’s suddenly done it ok. I’ll keep my eye on this.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules