Question: Is it worth it?
1688 20 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I'm thinking of possibly upgrading to an Inspire 2 and getting into commercial stuff (Part 107). What I've got my eyes on right now is an I2 with Cendence and stock remotes, 6 batteries, CS and DJI Racing goggles, GoPro professional case, X5S, X4S, then a bunch of odds and ends for $4500.

One of the better deals that I've seen, and seems to have everything I'd need to start doing work with it. Do you think it'd be good to get started doing commercial stuff? What are your thoughts? Thanks

UPDATE:
I ended up getting it. Figured I could see how things go with it and becuase it's used, I'm not as deep into it as I would be if I got everything new. Thanks again for your thoughts/ideas
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_K8sAUOX7ldcf
New

India

i think they are worth the price , you read my reasons  here
https://prodashcameras.com/is-a-gopro-worth-it/       
2020-4-21
Use props
walinder
New

India

djiuser_K8sAUOX7ldcf Posted at 4-21 01:27
i think they are worth the price , you read my reasons  here
https://prodashcameras.com/is-a-gopro-worth-it/

Find here GoPro worth it
2020-4-21
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I love my Inspire 2.   I'm sure you've done your research.  It does have its quirks, so as long as you know ahead of time and if they are acceptable to you, then nothing else matters.

Now, about flying commercially, that's a different story.

I highly recommend the inspire 2.
2020-4-21
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Joecos Posted at 4-21 07:18
I love my Inspire 2.   I'm sure you've done your research.  It does have its quirks, so as long as you know ahead of time and if they are acceptable to you, then nothing else matters.

Now, about flying commercially, that's a different story.

Yeah, it seems to be a beast. As for the quirks, what are you thinking of?
2020-4-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Inspire 2 is the most affordable platform for semi-professional photography and filming. There's simply no better expandable system for this money, period. Go for it, but don't quit your day job. The market is over-saturated, no way to make a living off it unless you have a solid prospect contract ...
2020-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

From what I have seen, you can get some great footage with the I2.
All depending on the operator of course.
What type of video are you planning to make with it?
2020-4-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a very good deal,  can you test fly it before purchase?
2020-4-22
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 01:08
Seems a very good deal,  can you test fly it before purchase?

I should be able to. It is a craigslist posting, so I wouldn’t be getting it online.
2020-4-22
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 23:47
From what I have seen, you can get some great footage with the I2.
All depending on the operator of course.
What type of video are you planning to make with it?

Mostly projects now, things for my school, small jobs here and there, etc. But, if I were to get the Part 107 cert, probably realistate.
2020-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

David J. Posted at 4-22 09:18
Mostly projects now, things for my school, small jobs here and there, etc. But, if I were to get the Part 107 cert, probably realistate.

Size + weight would definitely be something to consider.
It's not something you take with you that easily.
2020-4-22
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

David J. Posted at 4-21 08:50
Yeah, it seems to be a beast. As for the quirks, what are you thinking of?

The Inspire 2 is an excellent drone,....but, here are some of my complaints

1) the inspire 2 will not hover steady (firmware .300)  it moves left, right, up and down.  Say, if you plan to do a time lapse (video or photo) - Forget it!

2) short flight time.  Despite the dual battery capability, it will only give you 13 to 17 minute flight time

3) batteries are very expensive and you need a lot of pair

4) overall size can be prohibitive. Difficult to lug this beast on top of a tall hill,  heavy to carry if you have to hop on a plane

5) accessories are plentiful but also very expensive

6) seems like DJI has somehow ignored this platform the past 2 yrs. No more improvements? Outdated?

Overall, the Positives outweighs the negatives.  Its a great drone.  Still one of aerial cinematographer's favorite platform.

I love mine!

2020-4-23
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Joecos Posted at 4-23 15:28
The Inspire 2 is an excellent drone,....but, here are some of my complaints

1) the inspire 2 will not hover steady (firmware .300)  it moves left, right, up and down.  Say, if you plan to do a time lapse (video or photo) - Forget it!

How many pairs of batteries do you have? The one I am looking at has 3 sets. I was looking into the case it comes with (GoProfessional I think) and it looks like huge. Practically a piece of furniture . Thanks for your ideas—definitely helpful.
2020-4-23
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

David J. Posted at 4-23 16:39
How many pairs of batteries do you have? The one I am looking at has 3 sets. I was looking into the case it comes with (GoProfessional I think) and it looks like huge. Practically a piece of furniture . Thanks for your ideas—definitely helpful.

I have 6 pairs of batteries  (12 all together)  Mostly purchased used with low cycles in them.
2020-4-24
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

David J. Posted at 4-22 09:18

Speaking from experience the Inspire is way overkill for real estate. Unless you are shooting out in the boonies, the size and noise will attract a lot of unwanted neighborhood attention. Added effort to transport and setup it's just not practical.  You are better off buying a Mavic 2 Pro and/or Zoom and Smart Controller for that kind of work. Size and stealth are key so you can get in and out and the quality is more than sufficient. >> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_ySQupnnIHSl2fx_4_DCQ

I would recommend the Inspire if you are going to do real cinematography and need the higher resolution, add'l settings, speed or focal lengths.

The real bummer that I'm sure you've seen on the forums is the flight/hover stability issue that has not been resolved in years. Based on that issue alone I would not recommend it.  DJI is obviously not investing any more resources into this platform.
2020-4-27
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Masemoto Posted at 4-27 16:27
Speaking from experience the Inspire is way overkill for real estate. Unless you are shooting out in the boonies, the size and noise will attract a lot of unwanted neighborhood attention. Added effort to transport and setup it's just not practical.  You are better off buying a Mavic 2 Pro and/or Zoom and Smart Controller for that kind of work. Size and stealth are key so you can get in and out and the quality is more than sufficient. >> Examples

I would recommend the Inspire if you are going to do real cinematography and need the higher resolution, add'l settings, speed or focal lengths.

Do you mainly use the M2 Pro/ Zoom? And I’ve heard a bit about the hovering. How bad is it compared to the Mavic 2? Thanks for the input
2020-4-27
Use props
mikereidphotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1897126 ft
United States

I love my Inspire 2.  I think the thing I like the most about it is that you can use various lenses for a very atypical drone view.  The Olympus 45mm (=90mm on full frame 25mm view) is a great example.  What I like least is the lack of easy portability and the overall presence of it in the air.  I call it my Inverted Lawn Mower for that reason.  The image and video quality always makes me smile though...
2020-4-28
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

David J. Posted at 4-27 17:32
Do you mainly use the M2 Pro/ Zoom? And I’ve heard a bit about the hovering. How bad is it compared to the Mavic 2? Thanks for the input

Yes, Mavic 95% of the time especially for real estate. Mavic 2 Pro more than the Zoom. I should probably sell it as the Inspire 2 sits on the shelf collecting dust a lot.  Night and day with stability easy win for the Mavic. I'd fly the Inspire more if they sorted out it's stability issues.  The range on the Mavic 2 is also way further than the Inspire (standard remote) before picture starts breaking up and losing signal. Occusync is another huge win for Mavic 2. Inspire 2 is showing it's age against the younger kids on the block.
2020-4-28
Use props
RO_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1002753 ft
Italy

Buy it only if you’re going for serious cinematography.

This model it’s old but still unbeaten in its category compared other drones.
Last few update was 2019,and best update was in 2017. Don’t upgrade fw.
Buy it only if you plan to fly it in dual controller pilot/gimbal operator.
It’s expensive.
Lots of bad behaviour and its better  have a back up same model.
If u buy inspire2 and fly it like its a mavic2, then you will Regret like lots of guys.
Drones are a tool and must be an extension/optimization of your actual gear.
If you plan to start a business, spend 6-8k in advertising/  videomaking course/editing and get  top skills.
Then buy a mavic2. If  you’re lucky enough or basically need una tantum the i2
Just rent it in case of a big production.

I’m sure this is best start plan.
Spend money on skills first then big gear!
All the best from Italy
2020-4-29
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

Masemoto Posted at 4-27 16:27
Speaking from experience the Inspire is way overkill for real estate. Unless you are shooting out in the boonies, the size and noise will attract a lot of unwanted neighborhood attention. Added effort to transport and setup it's just not practical.  You are better off buying a Mavic 2 Pro and/or Zoom and Smart Controller for that kind of work. Size and stealth are key so you can get in and out and the quality is more than sufficient. >> Examples

Agreed dude
2020-5-8
Use props
AeroMovie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

David J. Posted at 4-27 17:32

Here you can read all about the Hoover and compass problems:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=138920
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=119540
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193546
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules