Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC not connected to Mobile device....again
1236 11 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I've hear many problems about RC losing connection or shut downs and rebooting. Mind is just becoming more diffecult to connect to my phone SS 9s+.Not during flight, just during preflight for a good 5 minutes plus from disconnecting cable on controler and phone to closing program and restarting. I notice tonight while recharing controller that the indcator light were'nt blinking and when I checked the charging port they came back on. After checking a little closer I notice that the proprieitary Female plug is loose and cracked. The only cable and plug I've used to charge is the basic kit plug with is a mirco usb. You don't notice it when using the short jumper cable to phone that dji suppies.
Has anyone else notice the connector being loose? or delay problems connecting controller (RC) to mobile device?
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi 3Recon, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please record a video to show us the details of the issue? Please check the status of the port on your remote controller, if there is any issue, please provide us with a picture so we can help to confirm and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2020-4-21
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

Natalia,  this may be the reason my controller and SS 9s+ aren't consistently pairing or take sometime to connect. I have been using the factory supplied Jumper cable and the longer changer/communication  cable to the controller. Can this be corrected just under the 30 day support with out having to use my care fresh policy
2020-4-23
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I've noticed that my RC unit has a very loose microUSB port when connected my own good quality microUSB plug charging cable, but... I've had a weird problems for months.

Getting AC not connected to RC when in reality it was just RC not connected to MD. Rarely I've even seen the RC not connected to MD. Every time unplugging and plugging back in the USB OTG cable fixed the problem.

DJI finally sent me a spare USB OTG cable. My original USB OTG cable wasn't loosely fit once plugged it, so I don't still know if my problem is fixed, I need to fly but I am quarantined.

The port in my unit isn't ripped like yours but I think it must be joined in the upper part, it's just the way it is.
2020-4-23
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

I know but, I have to stand on one leg ,stick my tongue out and maybe it'll give me the ok to take off. Went out flying this afternoon. Took awhile to get RC to the MD today but when I did I enjoyed flight time and when returned home for battery... yes it happened again. The nice thing is when the RC is connected it doesn't drop RC. When I returned from flying over the woods did a couple hand landing and take offs. Yes dropped dropped again so I spent the rest of battery time practicing maneuvers. I'll see what dji  will do. Yes we're practicing social distancing and voluntary isolation here also. but I'm eger also to get out to fly new areas.
I may need to install a shim on the mobile device side to tighten fit until I see what jdi come up with.
2020-4-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just bend the metal shield back into position and see if that helps.
2020-4-23
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

That's what I meaning by shimming a piece of varied size plastic (non conductive material) that will push the outer bezel inward(side and top) to hopefully tighten up the connector. Here's hoping this will let me pair the mini and controller and just plug in my device, preflight check and lift off. It makes it a lot easier when limited for flight time. fingers cross. I will also let dji what's going on and save my warranty program for something of a grander scale if this works.
2020-4-23
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug tried moving plug side wall in pretty tight but I was able to close the gap on the top area but the plug still fairly loose more so when trying a micro usb. I'd like to use a 6" micro cable for platform so I don't have to take my phone case off every time I fly. The case gives these newer phone more body so I can fill it and not treat like a piece of wet soap.
2020-4-25
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

Forgot but, I still here. Today doing a long flight up a draw and Bam "RC not connected to mobile device" Oh S... I start a turn guessing how much is needed, change to pilot position ,pause and all ahead (hoping traveling in direction of landing zone. Flew for a few seconds and I could hear something. decided to start a decent from 225 feet to 125 RTH alt. Did not fill comfortable pushing the RTH button. Got a visual and was able to land in my field.
I'm starting to lose confidence in my controller and my Mini is AT risk. I guess I need to make claim because this sucks. Now I have to figure out how to do a claim on my controller. Natalia  commented in the beginning and commented to post this screen shot and I also post picture of controller. If someone can point me in the right direction....I'll say think you now. I have to say sometime the frozen camera is in black and white(monochrome)

2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_uvabqVMN5QEi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10528 ft
United States

Has anyone found a solution to the "RC not connected to Mobile device"?
I have a brand new one received today for Father's Day and have this issue.
Tried 2 different phones, 1.5 hrs on phone with tech support and no luck....
2020-6-19
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
United States

I'm assuming you've checked the list of combatable devices. Yes their are a few devices that aren't on DJI's list. Also your device needs to be 64 bits
2020-6-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Yes, USB OTG cable replacement, a new RC (with a hopefully a batter receptacle) or a new MD (should the problem reside on the MD part).
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules