Sony Xperia 5
4476 17 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

Hey,

I have just bought a Mavic Mini and wounder if you still havn´t tested it with Sony Xpreia 5 or Sony Xperia XZ2.

Thanks Ulf
2020-4-21
Use props
Hamiltom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82927 ft
Canada

It works fine on the XA1 and XZ1 models, I have tried both.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

I tried tried on both Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 and cannot get I to work. Tried with friends Samsungs of different models and works OK
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

Hamiltom Posted at 4-21 02:10
It works fine on the XA1 and XZ1 models, I have tried both.

I tried it on both Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 and cannot get I to work. Tried with friends Samsungs of different models and works OK
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_xP2WeOne9CyQ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7644567 ft
Norway

djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq Posted at 4-21 02:23
I tried tried on both Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 and cannot get I to work. Tried with friends Samsungs of different models and works OK

With Sony xperia xz2 compact works well
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_xP2WeOne9CyQ Posted at 4-21 02:34
With Sony xperia xz2 compact works well

Any other set ups than for samsung needed?
2020-4-21
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

No special setup for me, Just installed app and connected to remote. XZ2 compact with A10, Fly app 108.
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures. (64-bit processor)
Please make sure to use the phones that meet these conditions. We recommend to use the devices in the recommended list for better performance: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 00:57
The DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

I have the latest Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 both running A10 and having 64 bit processor. I belive ROM is 16 resp 8 GB. Still I cannot get it connected to DJI Fly in spite of workih excellent on Samungs
2020-4-22
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq Posted at 4-22 01:37
I have the latest Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 both running A10 and having 64 bit processor. I belive ROM is 16 resp 8 GB. Still I cannot get it connected to DJI Fly in spite of workih excellent on Samungs

Do you use some antivirus? I had no problem to get it work.
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

virtual Posted at 4-22 02:46
Do you use some antivirus? I had no problem to get it work.

That might be the problem, I am using Norton. Will try and report.
2020-4-22
Use props
Samuel100
New

Slovakia

You can try it out and I think it would be awesome.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq Posted at 4-22 01:37
I have the latest Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 both running A10 and having 64 bit processor. I belive ROM is 16 resp 8 GB. Still I cannot get it connected to DJI Fly in spite of workih excellent on Samungs

If it works with Samsung, the RC connection is fine, it should still be the compatibility issue, we will forward to our engineers for keep testing more phones and improve our APP. At the moment, please use the phones on the list for better performance.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-23 04:11
If it works with Samsung, the RC connection is fine, it should still be the compatibility issue, we will forward to our engineers for keep testing more phones and improve our APP. At the moment, please use the phones on the list for better performance.

WORKING!
With the new update for DJI fly (also mavic2) both my Sony phones now workig OK despite using Norton mobil Annivirus
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_JkPXY5UjBd4Y
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq Posted at 5-1 07:38
WORKING!
With the new update for DJI fly (also mavic2) both my Sony phones now workig OK despite using Norton mobil Annivirus

Hi! Can you confirm the mini is now working with the Xperia 5? I want to buy the drone, but won't unless it works with my phone.
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_JkPXY5UjBd4Y Posted at 5-2 05:44
Hi! Can you confirm the mini is now working with the Xperia 5? I want to buy the drone, but won't unless it works with my phone.

Both Xperia 5 and Xperia XZ2 bought in SWEDEN are working fine with the latest DJIfly app.  Even together with Norton Mobile Security App
2020-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UysKBXK7Fkcq Posted at 5-1 07:38
WORKING!

That's good to know, hope you enjoy flying.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_BuXydAbcyhF1
New
United Kingdom

Sony Xperia 5 mk2, just picked up the DJI Mini 2, tried to install the Fly app through the APK for Android. Couldn't get it to install. Chatted for ages with support, got no where.

Thought I would try one last time and read this blog before I did.

I have Sophos running and just made the exception  in the app to download un-recognised apps or whatever it was... it worked and just took my little buddy for a burn around a paddock!
2022-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules