Can we fly Mavic Mini With Cell in Plane mode
9861 22 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LiiHhiUdLuDV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84777 ft
Canada

Hi, my first post and newbie in drone flying, y already get my rc wings but still wait my order from DJI,  So, my question can we fly the Mavic Mini when our cell is in plane mode, so I can't be disturb by call SMS or other notification?

Or I have to be connected during my flight and why?

Thank you so much.
2020-4-21
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Yes we can. It is suggested because of less interference.
2020-4-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't have to have connection, plenty of owners fly with wifi only tablets.
Or you could fly with a connection, plenty do that too.
It really makes no difference.
2020-4-21
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Yes, can fly in plane mode.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_LiiHhiUdLuDV
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you so much, but if we are in plane mode, we dont have access to the map?
2020-4-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think the Bt bug might affect Plane (or offline) mode as well. If you turn Bt off in some cases you lose the ability to control the flight modes and use the RC record and shutter buttons, if I recall correctly.
2020-4-21
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_LiiHhiUdLuDV Posted at 4-21 07:47
Thank you so much, but if we are in plane mode, we dont have access to the map?

What I do is get everything ready to fly, once gps is taken and maps loaded, turn on airplane mode, then fly. You still have maps and everything else without phone calls or any interference.
2020-4-21
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

m80116 Posted at 4-21 14:30
I think the Bt bug might affect Plane (or offline) mode as well. If you turn Bt off in some cases you lose the ability to control the flight modes and use the RC record and shutter buttons, if I recall correctly.

I don't know where you got that from. Airplane mode turns off BT and everything else. No issues flying with airplane mode on at all.
2020-4-21
Use props
Newbie Europe
lvl.2
Germany

Here is a very interesting video about this topic:

What Happens When The DJI Mavic Mini Isn't Connected To WiFi? Cellular? GPS? [EXTENSIVE TESTING]

2020-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

deathsquad Posted at 4-21 17:15
I don't know where you got that from. Airplane mode turns off BT and everything else. No issues flying with airplane mode on at all.

Correct. But m80116 comes up with this crap all the time, he is a technology moron.
2020-4-21
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 4-21 17:28
Correct. But m80116 comes up with this crap all the time, he is a technology moron.

Yeah i've noticed a few other posts too. Hmm.
2020-4-21
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

It was tested by some of us Samsung phone users that if you had your Bluetooth switched on when you connect to the remote and AC, switching off BT (which includes switching to airplane mode) on your phone causes you to lose ability to change flight modes. Thus it is advisable to switch off your bluetooth prior to connecting to the remote/AC, then switching to airplane mode would not be any problems.
For those of you who are interested, please refer to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-211888-1-1.html

Cheers.

Edit: Link to thread
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_u3HHCYoCOjHq
New
Flight distance : 81467 ft
Malta

Hi why does my mini blink green and followed by solid red in flight?? No warnings on the app
2020-4-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 4-21 20:33
It was tested by some of us Samsung phone users that if you had your Bluetooth switched on when you connect to the remote and AC, switching off BT (which includes switching to airplane mode) on your phone causes you to lose ability to change flight modes. Thus it is advisable to switch off your bluetooth prior to connecting to the remote/AC, then switching to airplane mode would not be any problems.
For those of you who are interested, please refer to this thread:

Any particular Samsung ? I’ve used the S6 and S7 with no issues.
2020-4-22
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

Yes you can fly in Airplane mode - Make sure you have your BT OFF before you open the app - or your triggers wont work for photo or video.....
2020-4-22
Use props
fjelsten
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1949009 ft
Denmark

Hello

I am definitely seeing this on Galaxy S9+. Airplanemode = no change of flight mode. Highly annoying.
2020-4-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Can I suggest we all report the bug within the Fly app ? Top right button with stylized head+headset in the profile section. Doing it now.
... done and submitted my report.
2020-4-22
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Geebax Posted at 4-21 17:28

This is for the right to reply act:

Oh look, mama, a flying IDIOT !
2020-4-22
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

crash1sttime Posted at 4-22 09:03
Any particular Samsung ? I’ve used the S6 and S7 with no issues.

Hello crash1sttime, can you try the following steps just to be sure:

1) Switch on bluetooth on your phone
2) Connect phone to your remote and switch on your remote
3) Switch on your drone and wait for connection
4) Once connected, switch off your Bluetooth
5) Test if changing flight modes still works (if it does, then I guess it does not affect S6 or S7 OR check your android version, could be related to OS as well)

Thanks. Let us know the outcome whether it works or don't, it is data for DJI to troubleshoot.
2020-4-22
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

djiuser_u3HHCYoCOjHq Posted at 4-22 08:50
Hi why does my mini blink green and followed by solid red in flight?? No warnings on the app

This is all I can find in the manual if it helps.
2020-4-22
Use props
R-SABY 50
lvl.2
Canada

Finally I received My Mini yesterday afternoon, Order by sunday, first communication monday, monday night DHL took my order then received thursday!

So I cahrge the battery, upgrade to the last software and firware, all goes perfect, then went outside, wow it's cold and windy but I made a 15 minutes fly around my house just to feel the the drone, wow all works perfectly.

Oh yes I turned off the BT before open the app on my S( and no problem at all.

So I'll try today in a park near my house to experiment many little things, then take experience before I went upper and far from me!
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you can fly in airplane mode. It is suggested caching the map first when you disconnect the internet. Launch the app, check the map and navigate the places you are to fly, then when the location name showed, you can shut down the internet and go back to the map interface to check whether the cache is finished. Happy and safe flying.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_h7mAU9FE7EG8
New

United States

Bt = blue tooth
2020-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules