3033 26 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,I don't know if you have also had this problem but this is what happened to me.

The original filter lens of my mavic 2 pro, the one with inscription hasselblad, it came unstuck, I tried to glue it with super glue but I was not able and I ruined it with fingerprints, I took one on ebay, there was writing original piece removed from a broken drone but when it arrived I discovered that it was fake, it's not a big problem if it wasn't that it unstuck without even having made a single use ...I think there is something wrong with the system, something would need to block it on the other side.

In the attachment the original on the left and the fake one on the right but a small amount, I honestly use the polarpro filters which are well designed and do not have these problems, but for low light conditions I need a simple glass filter that won't come off when I try to clean it, I thought of the polarpro UV filter which do not have these problems and are magnificent but it costs 50 dollars with shipping plus any customs fees in Switzerland because here I wasn't able to find and even on amazon it is over priced...

Anyway I have already written an email to dji and I wait to know what they will answer me.
20200421_150445.jpg
2020-4-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

you can try clean original lens with super glue remover, and if it will not damage the glass I would recommend glue it back with very small amount of transparent silicone - the same which is used for sealing for example in bathrooms, .......etc.
2020-4-21
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

and do not use the fake glass as I'm afraid it will not have propper UV filter properties thus your camera could get damaged.
2020-4-21
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-21 05:42
you can try clean original lens with super glue remover, and if it will not damage the glass I would recommend glue it back with very small amount of transparent silicone - the same which is used for sealing for example in bathrooms, .......etc.

ok, I see what dji replies and then I decide what to do, in the meantime I can try to do as you advised me, thanks!
2020-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Go to chemist ask for acidtone or if they don’t have just get nail varnish remover, it will remove glue completely and start again.
2020-4-21
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 4-21 07:13
Go to chemist ask for acidtone or if they don’t have just get nail varnish remover, it will remove glue completely and start again.

thank you!
2020-4-21
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ok, they replied that I can buy their set of filters, which in addition to not serving me because I already have one from polarpro, it would not solve the problem because I know precisely filters that start from ND4, or I send them the camera (and therefore the whole drone) so that is repaired because the original lens cannot be sold but only replaced as a repair piece ..... ok I will solve it myself
2020-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a bummer.
Don't they sell the clear one too?
2020-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Something like this
https://www.kamera-express.nl/pr ... -mavic-2-pro-mrc-uv
2020-4-21
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 22:44
That is a bummer.
Don't they sell the clear one too?

no, they can only "repair" the camera so you have to send the drone to them.
2020-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paride Musci Posted at 4-21 22:47
no, they can only "repair" the camera so you have to send the drone to them.

That is odd. You would think they would have thought about that since you can remove it.
2020-4-21
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

yes I think this may be fine, I'm just afraid that it will alter the colors, that of the freewell tends to green, this tends to pink, the reviews are good for the latter. It doesn't cost much and I could try, honestly I would prefer a filter with only clear glass. Thanks for the tip
2020-4-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paride Musci Posted at 4-21 22:58
yes I think this may be fine, I'm just afraid that it will alter the colors, that of the freewell tends to green, this tends to pink, the reviews are good for the latter. It doesn't cost much and I could try, honestly I would prefer a filter with only clear glass. Thanks for the tip

I get your point.
I have UV filters on all my DSLR lenses.
Expensive ones with good coating.
They work fine. Except for my older lens that gets an unwanted reflection when the light hits the lens from a certain angle.
Other than that it is probably just the same as the ones from DJI.
2020-4-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Mind that any fake cheap glass might have great loss of light transmission and introduce unwanted flares if not properly coated or no coated at all. You've spent a great deal of money to shoot in 4K, it is a pity to ruin it all for 50€ or so...
2020-4-22
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-21 23:13
I get your point.
I have UV filters on all my DSLR lenses.
Expensive ones with good coating.

winning horse does not change, I made the order from Polarpro, I love my drone
2020-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paride Musci Posted at 4-22 01:23
winning horse does not change, I made the order from Polarpro, I love my drone

Nice. Let me (us) know how that goes!
2020-4-22
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

El Diabolico Posted at 4-22 00:51
Mind that any fake cheap glass might have great loss of light transmission and introduce unwanted flares if not properly coated or no coated at all. You've spent a great deal of money to shoot in 4K, it is a pity to ruin it all for 50€ or so...

You have right, better to rely on those who have never given us problems, thanks
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Paride, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I have managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, our support team has replied to your email. You may send it in for service.
If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-4-22
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-22 03:52
Hi Paride, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I have managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, our support team has replied to your email. You may send it in for service.
If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Yes I saw the reply, send the drone and also pay the repair cost for a filter that most likely could come unstuck as already happened, honestly I preferred to buy a good quality filter and solve the problem.
Thanks anyway, I just hope that the next drones that will come out will be conceived differently.
Thanks again
2020-4-22
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Paride Musci Posted at 4-22 01:46
You have right, better to rely on those who have never given us problems, thanks

You can also check PGYTECH, I believe they make a cheaperthan the DJI original clear UV filter.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paride Musci Posted at 4-22 03:56
Yes I saw the reply, send the drone and also pay the repair cost for a filter that most likely could come unstuck as already happened, honestly I preferred to buy a good quality filter and solve the problem.
Thanks anyway, I just hope that the next drones that will come out will be conceived differently.
Thanks again

You're welcome. Should there anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-4-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Theres no issue flying it without.  Its literally just a piece of cheap glass to stop damage to the real lens element.
As long as you're not taking off from dusty ground or flying around clouds theres no risk to not using anything in front of the lens.
2020-4-27
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

gnirtS Posted at 4-27 22:21
Theres no issue flying it without.  Its literally just a piece of cheap glass to stop damage to the real lens element.
As long as you're not taking off from dusty ground or flying around clouds theres no risk to not using anything in front of the lens.

Yes, but I rarely fly at night, I need it when the weather is cloudy, this means at risk of rain or that I have to cross a fog bank, I have shots with the drops that flow on the glass, if I hadn't had it ... .. well better avoid flying in these conditions but if it happens .....
2020-4-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Cant see what flying at night has to do with it?
The clear bit of glass is pretty much only to stop dust getting into the thing when taking off or landing.  Its got no other functions (no idea why people claim UV etc because it simply isnt true.  Its a piece of glass).
Water ingress will happen with or without it (its not sealed).  I've had one flight where the piece made it worse as water pooled in between it and the camera element as it couldn't drain away.
2020-5-1
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

gnirtS Posted at 5-1 20:45
Cant see what flying at night has to do with it?
The clear bit of glass is pretty much only to stop dust getting into the thing when taking off or landing.  Its got no other functions (no idea why people claim UV etc because it simply isnt true.  Its a piece of glass).
Water ingress will happen with or without it (its not sealed).  I've had one flight where the piece made it worse as water pooled in between it and the camera element as it couldn't drain away.

This piece of glass was put to prevent dust or water droplets from getting inside, I would add that if this piece of glass gets dirty it would make it easier to clean the lens with a cloth, if it hadn't been literally glued with some glue...

Clearly, and here I agree with you, a UV filter has no reason to be used at night (I don't fly at night, it will have happened to me a few times out of 300) or with a sky so covered that it requires maximum aperture and no ND filter, moment in here instead I use this piece of glass. Flying without it can be done but if it enters, dust, sand, topsoil, drops of water, insects, or anything else it would be difficult to clean inside, I would never do it.

For the rain I happened to catch splashes of waves, fog and rain (clearly I immediately tried to land, I didn't look for it) I can say that fortunately I had this piece of glass, otherwise the droplets that I saw clearly flow insistently on the lens they would enter.
However, the drone (all) is not water resistant so already the customer assistance would turn up its nose to repair a drone that flew in the rain.

And I'm not talking about a decorative livery, an accessory, but a fundamental thing that is part of it.
UV lens or piece of glass I need it, it serves to protect the lens from what can enter inside, I do not find it right, however, to have to resort to other brands to solve a problem of a top of the range drone.

Last but not least, the day I decide to sell the drone I will have to explain to the buyer that the drone has the original lens come off, yes the one with the Hasselblad imprinted, he might think that the drone is damaged and he will have to believe me, personally I would ask myself some questions, I would prefer to deliver things perfectly, clearly now a protective glass done well and that does not come off, whether UV or not, it will be an improvement.

2020-5-1
Use props
CameraFIX
New

Australia

If you're ever in Australia and you have a broken camera or drone, you might want to try out Camera FIX. We fix any cameras from film to digital, and even webcams and drones. If you're unsure just leave us a message, we'd be happy to help any way we can.

Check us out at http://www.camerafix.com.au.
2020-11-24
Use props
fans5c93e201
New
Flight distance : 65374 ft
Germany

The same thing happened to me.  The glass just came off.  I expect more from Hasselblad.  Paride Musci is correct, it's an important part of the camera/lens.  I just gave it a couple of dabs of Cyano glue.  We'll see how long it holds.  I understand that glass is difficult to glue, and they want to keep the weight down, but there must be a better way.
2023-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules