Poor range with extender antenna
682 6 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RiaanSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46266 ft
South Africa

I recently had the Itelite Shockwave Duo Antenna fitted to my Mavic Air remote controller to improve reception. Unfortunately, my range still is extremely poor. I tried flying again from my home today, even manually changing the channel as suggested by many forums. The best I managed is only 350m. We have wifi antennas serving houses in the area - could this be the reason for the interference? I have also tried flying at 80m height, but no improvement.
2020-4-21
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Wi-Fi signal and cellular antennas create a lot of interference. I lost control of my MA flying in the vicinity of a cellular tower.  Lesson learned...
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi RiaanSA, for fly safety considering, customers are not recommended to mount third party accessories to the drone. Please choose an open area where no magnetic interference to try the flight. If there are any issues, please provide us with more details for better assistance, we'll do the best to help you. We appreciate your kind understanding.
2020-4-22
Use props
RampL Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-4-22
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-22 03:59
Hi RiaanSA, for fly safety considering, customers are not recommended to mount third party accessories to the drone. Please choose an open area where no magnetic interference to try the flight. If there are any issues, please provide us with more details for better assistance, we'll do the best to help you. We appreciate your kind understanding.

If 1st party parts were good enough, them 3rd party part would not be needed!
2020-4-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Riaan,

Yes.  Try another location to fly.  You can test that theory that way.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-26
Use props
RiaanSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46266 ft
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-22 03:59

Hi Natalia,
Thank you for your reply. The range extender was fitted by Droneworld, under warranty as an official supplier of DJI products in South Africa.
Regards,
Riaan
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules