DJI's AirSense could make blue airport NFZ obsolete.
412 0 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I noticed that the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise now has a feature called “AirSense”… a real-time positioning alert that helps the drone pilot identify and avoid nearby manned aircraft. The problem is, a pilot, concentrating on the job at hand, shouldn’t have their attention distracted by also watching for and avoiding nearby aircraft.

AirSense is similar to a suggestion I put to DJI last year to help drone pilots avoid nearby manned aircraft. My suggestion went a little further though. It was a system that forced drones to stay at a safe distance from manned aircraft… similar to the present “Obstacle Avoidance System” built into many DJI drone models. This next step can’t be that much more difficult than the present AirSense feature, considering that most of the sensing hardware is already included in many DJI drones. Think how many aircraft/drone safety concerns this capability would instantly eliminate. It could eliminate the need for Blue No Fly Zones around airports. This is the logical next step in drone safety.

2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules