Did the new firmware upgrade fix your problems?
2473 16 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I downloaded the new firmware upgrade this morning I have two flights on the new firmware,  one with a Samsung tab s on kit kat 4.4.2 and the other on a Samsung tab s with 5.0.1. I will be testing throughout the day, so fair results on the tab s with 4.4.2, it seemed to flow the video a bit smoother than before, but it worked pretty good before, I see a slight improvment with video connection ( not as many weak transmission signal messages) and bit better video flow, but it was a bomb with the lollipop tab s, The video started lagging and by the end of the flight it was locked, testing Nvidia shield on lollipop next,  Unfortunetly I am still seeing problems, I am still landing with 50 ft. or more displaying on the altimeter, bummer, I maybe see what is going on the phantom is sinking as it flies watch it closely move it forward and then let it stop, mine seems to drop a bit each time yet the altimeter reading remains the same seems like it happens with the braking I had this bug before upgrade, I will post my findings throughout the day please let me know if the upgrade worked for you.

2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Man I see no difference at all, I hope we are waiting on the pilot app to complete this upgrade, I just re-calibrated everything and went back to the Tab S that has kit kat 4.4.2 I see no difference what- so- ever I have a slightly choppy video flow same as before, I had a little more break up of picture this time. but its high noon and the sun is blasting, pretty much same video flow all the way through, a bit skypee. The real problem that I had and still have is the telemetry problems upon return, when  I return to about ground level my altitude is still reading 50 ft. sometimes more sometimes less but ridiculous regardless, I let it set for a couple of minutes, upon return  from a short flight, at about 4 ft. the alt. reading was 20 ft. it finally settled on its own and touched down on its own, I have all of the same problems now that I had before.  Please let me know what you are experiencing with the upgrade, I consider the dropping altitude and corresponding readings coupled with video delays is kind of a dangerous situation. Did this upgrade fix any problems you are having?
2015-6-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Not. It made worse. I have got video stuttering.
2015-6-15
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-16 02:41
Man I see no difference at all, I hope we are waiting on the pilot app to complete this upgrade, I j ...

Upgraded to 1.1.27 hoping in a better result... nothing to do. Nothing changed. Indoor is quite perfect, outdoor stutter and lag. On Lollipop it's worse than kit kat.
I'm tired, I'm going to sell. Sigh!
2015-6-15
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

alessio.pac@gma Posted at 2015-6-16 03:37
Upgraded to 1.1.27 hoping in a better result... nothing to do. Nothing changed. Indoor is quite pe ...

Must be the phone . I'm running the latest firmware with the latest lollipop 5.02 , no freezing , stutter or lag ... WEIRD ..
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-16 05:12
Must be the phone . I'm running the latest firmware with the latest lollipop 5.02 , no freezing ,  ...

what phone
2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-16 05:12
Must be the phone . I'm running the latest firmware with the latest lollipop 5.02 , no freezing ,  ...

Yeah, What Phone? What is your latest firmware
2015-6-15
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

Sony Z2 new Android 5.02 23.1A.1.28 firmware , did have D6503_23.1.A.0.726_R7C_Customized HK  with no issues also ...
2015-6-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-16 07:09
Sony Z2 new Android 5.02 23.1A.1.28 firmware , did have D6503_23.1.A.0.726_R7C_Customized HK  with n ...

Hey Total
I am glad to here that a few people are not having issues, Do you happen to know the processor speed, It kind of seems that faster processors aren't  having as many problems 2 gig and above.  Is your altimeter reading correctly after the flight when you come back to ground level?  Please check and reply,  Its kind of important.  It seems to me that the P3 is picking up considerably more gps satellites than the phantom 2 did, It would make sense to me that the extra data from these sats could be bogging slower processors  and causing the java to go into a loop eventually slowing and crashing the processors, bloatware or lack of  on our phones or tabs seem to have an effect also,  There are also many different versions of lollipop depending upon the alterations done for the different hardware and chip manufactures seems to be a big problem
2015-6-15
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

I have not had any issues with the altimeter when I come back to ground level . Can't go out and experiment tonight 20 - 30 + mph wind here tonight ..  But tomorrow afternoon will check and post back ..

Sony Z2 specs ...
Platform         OS         Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), v5.0.2 (Lollipop), planned upgrade to v5.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset         Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801
CPU         Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
GPU         Adreno 330
Memory         Card slot         microSD, up to 128 GB
Internal         16 GB, 3 GB RAM
2015-6-15
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having constant video lag and no video at all on my P3 Pro.  Now after this update all is well.  I had 4 flights today before installing it and happened constantly.  Got home installed this new version and havent seen it once is 2 flights.
2015-6-15
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

Version 1.2.6 is causing my android devices to overheat badly.  1.1.9 did not do this.  Both my Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus II pad overheat within minutes of the first flight, slowing the GPU/CPU down so much that video becomes useless.  The pad/phone becomes very hot to the touch.  

1.2.6 has rendered my P3 pro useless, at least rendered the pilot app useless on android devices.  The unit flies fine but the app overheats the phone/tablet so quickly its not useable.
2015-6-16
Use props
Kwasi
lvl.2

Germany

I have a non working VPS after the "update" and the drone is not at all stable in the air as it was before.
And I really had a quite perfect flying phantom before.
This sucks!
2015-6-16
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Get your **** together DJI :@ :
2015-6-16
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

I have not upgraded the firmware from the 1.1.9 to the latest 1.2.6  Should I leave it on the old firmware or do I need to change it? Can one not upgrade(downgrade) to the new firmware without running into problems flying it?
2015-6-16
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I just finished flying my P3P for perhaps the last time, Its dangerous, something is going to happen and its going to damage itself. I cannot afford that, I haven't even received my second battery yet.  I have had this thing for a month now and the situation just keeps getting worse.  I am contacting where I got this and pay pal to be certain I do not run out of time to send it back, it is parked.  The last update made things worse.  Every time I come back and land from a flight I still have 20 to 60 ft. showing on my alt,  with the lag so bad now on my tab s 4.4.2 that I cant fly it.  I could at least fly it on the 4.4.2 tab s before this update, this is to much, I have a tab s with lollipop on it also, may as well not even turn it on. Check to see how long you have to return,  I am contacting seller on ebay and pay pal right now, this puppy is going back.  I'm done stick a fork in me.  Do not let the return time run out, contact your credit card company.
2015-6-16
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kwasi Posted at 2015-6-17 03:01
I have a non working VPS after the "update" and the drone is not at all stable in the air as it was  ...

reporting the same problems... P3Pro...

1.1.9 was ok... (as far as we know...)

1.2.6 has problems with keeping altitude, drifting a bit, problems with the VPS... What a BIG pity....

Running the DJI Pilot app 1.1.2 on a Apple iPad Air 2
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules