Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mimo App not working for Pixel 3xl android 11 developer preview
3203 14 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sayhi2neil
lvl.1

Canada

I bought Osmo Mobile 3 for my Pixel 3 XL and I am in the developer program so I am using version 11 preview of Android. The mimo app installed just fine but it does not seem to load. If I press a few times a black screen loads and fails to load completely. I am aware that support for Android is a little lacking but any estimate on when a fix will be released? I did try switching my phone off and on.
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi sayhi2neil, thanks for your feedback, Android 11 is the upcoming eleventh major release and it hasn't been released officially, the compatibility may not be fully ensured, but we will forward to our engineers for test and attention. The APP will keep updating along with the phone's system if any problem is detected. Please use the official Android system at this moment, thank you for your attention.
2020-4-21
Use props
sayhi2neil
lvl.1

Canada

I wonder if there are other apps instead of mimo that I could use
2020-4-22
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

sayhi2neil Posted at 4-22 00:06

You can use any app you like as long as the Bluetooth will still connect but you will lose access to any features such as active track, motion timelapse etc, if you enable use volume keys in shooting modes then you can still take photos, start stop recordings from the gimbal, caveat this works for android 10 not sure how much has changed for 11.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sayhi2neil Posted at 4-22 00:06

As AlanHd mentioned, you could use your other APP and Osmo Mobile 3 could still provide stabilization, but you may not enjoy all the features.
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Lui4M9xReeQh
New

United States

I have the same issue here with DP4.  Received the Osmo 3 as a gift and I can't even use it.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC
lvl.1

Germany

Exactly the same here (Pixel 4 on Android 11). Anyone found a solution? I just got my Osmo Mobile 3 and can't even activate it.

If there is no solution possible, I'll have to return the Osmo to the dealer. Going back to Android 10 unfortunately isn't an option.
2020-6-17
Use props
Sereter
New

Ukraine

Install the stable version of Android 10 on your smartphone, Android 11 is still very raw and not suitable for daily use.
2020-6-18
Use props
sayhi2neil
lvl.1

Canada

I upgraded to Android 11 beta today but still no luck. I'm just going to have to wait. The gimbal is amazing, I tried it with my wifes iphone 11 and it works like a charm. Fingers crossed they'll update the app for droid 11
2020-6-18
Use props
djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC
lvl.1

Germany

With regards to the stability of Android 11, I disagree and as mentioned before, reverting to Android 10 unfortunately is not an option.

What also surprises me is the fact that DJI Mimo is the one and only app (of hundreds that I have tried) that does not work. While I can only assume, it seems as if DJI Mimo's issues would not be caused by broken APIs but just by the fact that it has never "heard" of Android 11.

Eventually DJI will need to update the app soon in any case, as Android 11 will be officially distributed in a few months.
2020-6-18
Use props
fansc2d0687b
New

United States

I am having the same problem. I had to activate my Osmo Poket with my iPad lol. I get it that they don't have the app working for Android 11 yet because it's still in beta but I do hope they have fix it in timely fashion.
2020-6-28
Use props
mziege
New

Germany

djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC Posted at 6-18 03:38
With regards to the stability of Android 11, I disagree and as mentioned before, reverting to Android 10 unfortunately is not an option.

What also surprises me is the fact that DJI Mimo is the one and only app (of hundreds that I have tried) that does not work. While I can only assume, it seems as if DJI Mimo's issues would not be caused by broken APIs but just by the fact that it has never "heard" of Android 11.

I also bought OSMO Mobile 3 and I am very disappointed that the app does not work with Android 11 Beta. Also with me, every app, even banking apps, except the Mimo app, work! That can't be that hard...
2020-7-1
Use props
scunc
New

United Kingdom

I'm also on Pixel 4 and Android 11 - so it seems I'm in double trouble - neither the phone nor the OS appear to be supported.
OS support is inexcusable at this late stage of development - so many other apps are now functional.
Either DJI needs to invest heavily in Android support or it should exit Android support and focus fully on iOS.
Right now it is damaging its own reputation with the internet filling with reports  unhappy customers.
2020-7-10
Use props
scunc
New

United Kingdom

I'm also on Pixel 4 and Android 11 - so it seems I'm in double trouble - neither the phone nor the OS appear to be supported.
OS support is inexcusable at this late stage of development - so many other apps are now functional.
Either DJI needs to invest heavily in Android support or it should exit Android support and focus fully on iOS.
Right now it is damaging its own reputation with the internet filling with reports  unhappy customers.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_tRS3g4CCYYKC
lvl.1

Germany

Any news on this? I am seriously considering to return my OSMO.
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules