MCC-C cable disabling ability to record/stop record on GH5s
425 1 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kptra290
New

United States

I recently attached the MCC-C cable to my Ronin-S and GH5s to make use of the record button on the Ronin. It works, on occasion. I read that you must start the Ronin up first before turning on the camera in order for it to read the device properly. Ok, great, that seemed to work.

When recording some important footage for a project, I hit record on the Ronin and everything started recording as normal. Great!

Then, when I pressed the button again to stop recording, nothing happened. My camera just kept recording. I tried pressing the record button directly on the camera, but still nothing. The video kept recording. It just wasn't responding. I've never had any issues with my GH5s when doing handheld shots, but as soon as I hooked up the MCC-C, it just started doing wonky things, and certain buttons just don't respond on the camera anymore.

After a few minutes of trying to trouble shoot, I reluctantly just turned the camera off and ended up losing the footage.

Still trying to work through all potential issues, but all this started happened as soon as we set up the MCC-C. Seeing if anyone has any similiar issues.

2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi kptra290, sorry to read your experience with Ronin S, did you choose PC (Tether) mode upon connection? May we verify the firmware version of your gimbal and camera? Any chance to have a try with another MCC-C cable to isolate the problem?
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules