Can we please get some darn superuser features on this thing?
566 7 2020-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnakeProof
lvl.2

United States

The Ronin S is honestly the best demonstration of incredibly powerful hardware ruined by bad software. I regret supporting DJI's practices by buying this and hoping they would change. We can't use the app to control focus, we can't get real fine tuning of the motors/proper PID tuning, we can't assign custom functions for the buttons/modify what the Ronin sends out through the RSS-IR cable(this would unlock literally every camera on the market with IR in to use the S)
DJI if you read this, GIVE US AN SDK AND OPEN UP YOUR FIRMWARE TO DEVELOPMENT IF YOU WONT DO IT.

Features I want:
PPM or CPPM input to the S-BUS line, this is a software limitation plain and simple. No reason not to support multiple inputs.
Focus control in the app. Focus points in the motion control section. Focus racking. Some sort of adjustment to the wheel, literally anything!
Ability to do more advanced programs to motion control, turn motors off at each point of a panorama for example to allow for sharp night panoramas.
More options for everything, the app is so limited and has almost no settings, this isn't an Apple device and your users aren't idiots, we want to customize things.
Options to use an alternative app(hello Litchi!) If you won't add features, allow others to control the hardware, I honestly don't care if it voids the warranty, maybe I'll use this thing more.

None of this is hard. We paid a lot of money for these professional level devices for them to be hobbled by bad software, and until these practices change I cannot see purchasing another DJI product, even though you make incredible hardware and put so much thought into design.
2020-4-21
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

I second your request !!!
2020-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SnakeProof, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback and suggestion to our product, we will forward to our engineers for attention. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI official website.
2020-4-26
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I third your request !!!
2020-4-28
Use props
SnakeProof
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-26 23:57
Hi SnakeProof, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your feedback and suggestion to our product, we will forward to our engineers for attention. Please stay tuned to our latest information by following DJI official website.

Can you literally copy and paste my post into an email to someone in charge of feature development, and maybe offer some sort of channel for users to see what's coming? I know I'm not the only one who wants advanced features, and the competition is gaining more of these things as we speak.
I like my DJI products don't get me wrong but this is a huge disappointment when something this powerful is handicapped so badly by limited software support. Don't be like Canon and promise more features later and never deliver.  
2020-4-28
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

These questions were sent to support in the beginning of March 2019.
The third question is the only one that got solved.
1.        Is there an SDK (in the works) for use with the Ronin S? I would love to sync the slider with the Ronin S.
2.        Is there an option to control the focus wheel remotely (using the SDK above?) for push/pull synchronisation with the slider? There are 6 channels available but focus isn’t one of them.
3.        Designing a path going back and forward using overlapping points is difficult. Is there an option to select the next point within the track (stepping through the program back and forth)? Or can we have a list of the 10 way-points for easy selection of an overlapping point?
4.        Is there a way to make a track loop (back and forth and/or connect last point to first), so I only need a minimum number of points instead of trying to stack points?
5.        I’m willing to spring for the universal mount (€ 169.00), but I’m not keen on spending another € 287.10 for the battery mount and another € 199.00 for a battery (those 3 items together amount to another Ronin S). So is there another way to power the mount using the battery I already have (handle) or mains? I was told the USB port isn’t capable of powering the gimbal, so I haven’t tried this.
6.        Is there a way to store settings for use with different camera’s/lenses? Different camera/lens combinations will have different contraints, will respond different to user motion, …
7.        Is it possible to control several external “focus” motors?  Would it require a second focus wheel or is the existing wheel able to switch mode?
8.        The external focus motor has 3 different settings, but no one on YouTube seems to be able to use the zoom or iris setting.
9.        How far along is the support for other older Nikon models?

Still waiting...
2020-4-29
Use props
SnakeProof
lvl.2

United States

Yveske D Posted at 4-29 00:17
These questions were sent to support in the beginning of March 2019.
The third question is the only one that got solved.
1.        Is there an SDK (in the works) for use with the Ronin S? I would love to sync the slider with the Ronin S.

Regarding external power, I have this one solved on my own, if you google "DJI Ronin S Pinout Imgur" you should find posts by me, under the same username, where I tore down my universal mount and added in an XT-60 connector to use any four cell lithium battery I want.  

The end of the cord for the DJI universal mount is just a standard D tap and can be cut off and replaced with an XT - 60,  Ronin app just reports a dead battery but it works perfectly fine
2020-4-29
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

SnakeProof Posted at 4-29 09:18
Regarding external power, I have this one solved on my own, if you google "DJI Ronin S Pinout Imgur" you should find posts by me, under the same username, where I tore down my universal mount and added in an XT-60 connector to use any four cell lithium battery I want.  

The end of the cord for the DJI universal mount is just a standard D tap and can be cut off and replaced with an XT - 60,  Ronin app just reports a dead battery but it works perfectly fine

Wow ! Super helpful ! Thanks !!!
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules