Can i use DJI mini indoor at dense populated area?
758 5 2020-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FranFernandez
lvl.1
Japan

Hi all!

I plan to get a small drone and i have no idea about it.

The block from flying in dense popular area is software/gps?

I live in a very high populated area with no drone allowed at all, but i still want to fly it indoor (with corona i cant go outside anyway)
Kinda afraid to get one and it wont allow me to play with it.

I plan to use it in Osaka/Japan.
2020-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check the map to see if your in a NFZ here - https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map
2020-4-22
Use props
FranFernandez
lvl.1
Japan

Restricted Zones. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have the authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact flysafe@dji.com or Online Unlocking.

That means even indoor it won’t fly?
2020-4-22
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are just looking to fly around your house during this quarantine event I would suggest one of the cheaper "kid" type drones with prop guards and maybe a small camera to have fun with. This way you wont have any issues about the NFZ's and if you run into some walls it wont fully break your more expensive drone. Then when you can go outside you could get a DJI product that has all the features you might be looking for.
2020-4-22
Use props
sparkflier14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

I personally think that if there are major drone regulations or there are no drones aloud, buying a dji drone is not worth it. However, they make a drone called the Tello for only $100. It is a gps drone that you can fly indoor, outdoor, programmable with Scratch, C, and Python, 720p camera, phone or game pad controllable, and it can do flips. The Mavic, inspire, matrice, phantom, and Spark series is more for outdoor.
2020-4-23
Use props
FranFernandez
lvl.1
Japan

Thank all!

Dji mini Japanese edition is only 200g and is very cheap.

I will buy another brand them.

Thank agains.  Almost made a mistake buying dji
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules