Using Ronin S with the Smart Controller
2602 5 2020-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XJckEuQcI9vN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49 ft
Australia

I would like to use my DJI Smart Controller to control my Ronin S for filming from a car mount and cable cam. Ideally, I would be able to get a video feed from my GH5 and be able to control the Ronin S at the same time. Is anyone doing this? I know Zhiyun-Tech has a product for there Weebil gimbals although it doesn't look great.  Are there any Ocusync and wireless modules I can attached to my Ronin S. Cheers
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, Ronin S doesn't support Smart Controller. Ronin S can be remotely controlled via Ronin app, PS4 and so on but can not view the image transmission remotely at the moment, you may have a try with a third-party image transmission module. Please note the future update on DJI website.
2020-4-26
Use props
SnakeProof
lvl.2

United States

This is something I've been hoping DJI can figure out quickly, their FPV racing air module sends HD video and has a control uplink, they could honestly recycle 90% of that product and resell it as wireless video and control unit for the Ronin S, almost like a Lightbridge Light.
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_XJckEuQcI9vN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49 ft
Australia

SnakeProof Posted at 4-28 11:57
This is something I've been hoping DJI can figure out quickly, their FPV racing air module sends HD video and has a control uplink, they could honestly recycle 90% of that product and resell it as wireless video and control unit for the Ronin S, almost like a Lightbridge Light.

Yes, I totally agree. Both the Ronin s and the smart controller are awesome tools for filmmaking, but I would love to be able to add some existing dji technology(modules) to increase there usability. Not everyone needs this but I'm sure a lot of filmmakers could use it.
2020-4-29
Use props
Jacob Christian
New
Denmark

Hi DJI,
Is there any new development in this very  appropriate feature - connection Smart Controller with the Ronin S?
Kind Regards
Jacob
2021-5-16
Use props
Rainbowcolors
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13212 ft

Croatia

That would be really good and handy. To connect DJI smart controller via the android app, to controll the Ronin movement. It should be possible, to develop the app that reads input from sensors of controller, anway it is connected to android device via the cable.
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules