36518 213 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43862 ft
Greece

Francoisd Posted at 4-23 06:54
It has to be confirmed by someone else, but in video mode, when you tap on the auto button on the right bottom corner, you access to manual parameters for video I think. I'm not familiar with manual parameters on video but it seem to be like my canon camera.

This is absolutely correct under manual in video mode now you are able to adjust shutter speed, exposure and iso
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43862 ft
Greece

Guorium Posted at 4-23 07:13
It is a marketing thing for sure. I have raw file made on my 6d when it comes to serious shoot. Other than that jpg is ok.

JPEG files are processed right within the camera. How exactly they are processed varies from model to model. While color temperature and exposure are set based on your camera settings when the image is shot, the camera will also process the image to add blacks, contrast, brightness, noise reduction, sharpening and then render the file to a compressed JPEG. These files are finished and can be viewed and printed immediately after shot.
RAW files are unprocessed and un-compressed data files that contain all of the “image information” available to the camera sensor. Because RAW files are unprocessed, they come out looking flat and dark. RAW images need to be viewed and processed using a robust software like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One, etc prior to being ready for display or print.

So it all depends on what type of photographer you are and how much post processing work you are looking to have done on your pictures....
2020-4-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

shutter speed and ISO in video...  No flight today... rain...  I just wet myself….
2020-4-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop Posted at 4-23 07:45
JPEG files are processed right within the camera. How exactly they are processed varies from model to model. While color temperature and exposure are set based on your camera settings when the image is shot, the camera will also process the image to add blacks, contrast, brightness, noise reduction, sharpening and then render the file to a compressed JPEG. These files are finished and can be viewed and printed immediately after shot.
RAW files are unprocessed and un-compressed data files that contain all of the “image information” available to the camera sensor. Because RAW files are unprocessed, they come out looking flat and dark. RAW images need to be viewed and processed using a robust software like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One, etc prior to being ready for display or print.

Thanks for the intro. I shot with raw for years on full frame dlsr. It is a good thing if you have the correct software.
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Guorium Posted at 4-23 07:13
It is a marketing thing for sure. I have raw file made on my 6d when it comes to serious shoot. Other than that jpg is ok.

Yeah. I waste a lot of storage because of that bad habit.
2020-4-23
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

about damn time. all batteries, RC and aircraft updated!
2020-4-23
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

"Optimized remote controller performance. Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware."
What does it mean? Changes in curves of the sticks or another kind of changes?
2020-4-23
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

GreenDayPR Posted at 4-23 08:29
about damn time. all batteries, RC and aircraft updated!

It didn't ask me to upgrade battery... Hm...
2020-4-23
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Everything updated,  now going out to FLYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Just finished the update,  all fine !! Thanks to DJI!!!!
Luckily no remote calibration errors,  everything went
really smooth
As well now the downloading speed is much faster,really nice!

To much wind today for trying all the new manual foto a and video settings , but looks really promising

Thanks again to the DJI Team!
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Spain

Pashi Posted at 4-23 09:02

Maybe you did it already?!
Had batteries update a few weeks ago.
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Ok i didnt make myself clear

from the notes

What’s New?
  • Added manual exposure for videos (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).

On the previous version, in photo mode, you could tap anywhere on the screen and set the exposure to the spot you wanted, when tapped a circle appears.

I was hoping that this was now going to happen in video mode but it doesnt.

i like sometimes to set the exposure point myself when recording video

042439h7wbwzrg266rdnnw.jpg
2020-4-23
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I will go in parts... first DJI, thank you... I knew this day would come!! But the update has surpassed my expectations.
IMHO, because Mavic AIR 2 is coming, and is probably going to be an amazing piece of kit... They are not scared of getting close to original Mavic Air.
Personally, I thought they would be introducing this features one by one during an extensive time...

The only feature missing, for me is Sharpness Settings, RAW for photos and D-Cinelike type of FLAAT profile for video... Now, many users here keep complaining either that is not really needed, or that DJI will never do that... well, many users here said the same about 24fps, is never gonna happen, manual control, is never gonna happen, ISO, is never gonna happen etc. go and buy a more expensive drone if you need those features... Well all of those users were wrong...

Basically the Mini is crippled by design, is tiny, weights less, is affected a lot by wind, has limited range, has no obstacle avoidance, is less powerful, is slower, has limited video bit rate, small dynamic range etc.
All of this alone makes it impossible to get near the bigger brothers... but why limit the camera functions? I mean why? The mini is just an easy to carry Drone, that weights under 250g for law reasons... Not a toy.

RAW is not magic trick, is to allow you to fine tune images in post production, having RAW would for example allo you to retain much more details in highlights and shadows without having to do manual bracketing or AEB, so manual panoramas would be easier... same goes for D-Cinelike, I always shoot at least with another two cameras, a DSLR and GoPro, which all have very different color profiles than the Mini... is a pain to color correct and grade the footage.

Not holding my breath, but after this massive upgrade I have plenty of hope some more goodies will come down the line.
All in all a happy day, enjoy guys!!
2020-4-23
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Manual video exposure ...good job  dji
2020-4-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-23 10:09
I will go in parts... first DJI, thank you... I knew this day would come!! But the update has surpassed my expectations.
IMHO, because Mavic AIR 2 is coming, and is probably going to be an amazing piece of kit... They are not scared of getting close to original Mavic Air.
Personally, I thought they would be introducing this features one by one during an extensive time...

I agree, for me is more important Raw than active track, that is non-sense without sensors.
2020-4-23
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-23 10:09
Personally, I thought they would be introducing this features one by one during an extensive time...

+ for sharpness. It's too much now. Raw and LOG - I think we'll never see it in so cheap drone.I wish panoramas shooting mode. This will be MASSIVE! And it's executed by phone so there is no dependence from drone
2020-4-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Rumor is that that the Air 2 will use the Fly app.    These upgrades may be a prelude and RAW might come along for the ride?  four days...or less.
2020-4-23
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Russia

Akirasho Posted at 4-23 11:56
Rumor is that that the Air 2 will use the Fly app.    These upgrades may be a prelude and RAW might come along for the ride?  four days...or less.

HAHA. Spark & Inspire 2 using same DJI GO 4  so there is no connection
2020-4-23
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

Akirasho Posted at 4-23 11:56

I don't think DJI will add RAW. However, rumors are that DJI is looking at adding AEB and Panorama to the Mini.
2020-4-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Pashi Posted at 4-23 12:00
HAHA. Spark & Inspire 2 using same DJI GO 4  so there is no connection

2020-4-23
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Over the last few days, I had trouble flying further than 700-800m. Along comes this upgrade and suddenly I could fly out to 1.1km without probs.
THE ONE THING dji hasn't given us is a dark band on top of the screen to read the top line. BUT, because they given us loads of new stuff I'm not going to complain ......... for once
2020-4-23
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

Every time there's is FW update, it get "installed" in the battery. if you have more batteries eventually it will asked you to update them. Sometimes it never advise me to update. So, that's why I used DJI assistant 2 to update my remaining batteries.

works like a champ!
2020-4-23
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Awesome. Nice to see manual settings for video!
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_ng1o4nFsZSvH
New
Flight distance : 10092 ft
New Zealand

djiuser_CZms4IiY5rKV Posted at 4-23 02:37
How are the batteries updated, and how can you tell if they have updated?

What version are they on to now - how check to confirm all updated?

Your app should automatically tell you when a battery is due for a firmware update. Mine did a few days ago.
2020-4-23
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

So is it normal that RC calibration is not requested (no beeping after update)?
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_ng1o4nFsZSvH
New
Flight distance : 10092 ft
New Zealand

My batteries updated 2 days ago via the app when I went to fly.
2020-4-23
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can only see the battery updates from the main fly screen, not drone camera screen. If you have the app set to go straight to the camera screen on drone connection (which is the default setting) you have to go back to the main DJI Fly screen to see battery updates. I changed the setting in the app to not go to the camera screen automatically in case there are any updates before I fly.
2020-4-23
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great update! Manual white balance, manual exposure for video and 24fps! Awesome! Thanks DJI for adding these much desired features.
2020-4-23
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

deathsquad Posted at 4-23 14:32
You can only see the battery updates from the main fly screen, not drone camera screen. If you have the app set to go straight to the camera screen on drone connection (which is the default setting) you have to go back to the main DJI Fly screen to see battery updates. I changed the setting in the app to not go to the camera screen automatically in case there are any updates before I fly.

Good to know  

Thanks !
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 4-23 14:21
So is it normal that RC calibration is not requested (no beeping after update)?
Yes !!! Like dji says,  it CAN happen, doesn't mean
It has to...... when the update went 100% u should be good to fly

Anybody noticed already some changes about
The rc improvements???  Had no chance to fly yet.... to much wind...
2020-4-23
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Hasn't 2.7K 24fps been out?
2020-4-23
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

CaulfieldS Posted at 4-23 06:37
Anyone know if this fixed the gimble adjusting down when coming to a stop?

That's gonna happen when you stop going fast, where the drone tips forward too much.
2020-4-23
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Smooth upgrade here, no RC calibration required. Did a quick torture test in S-Mode, all good.
2020-4-23
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop Posted at 4-23 04:33
Controller Calibration Process

Step 1: Turn on the DJI Mavic Mini remote control.

Hi djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop

Cannot find the information you are pointing to (P.38 DJI Mavic Mini User Guide (updated US version) about Step 3 in your Post  (#28)).

Thanks !
2020-4-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, the update for me was confusing. It appeared to go well until it got to 94% when it appeared to crash. Something like "No connection to A/C" popped up. So I restarted everything but then the controller would not connect to the Mini and the app said it also could not connect to the R/C...? And get this, it also said there was a firmware version error. WTF does that all mean at the same time? So I connected the a/c to the pc and ran the Assistant and everything looked good there. Then restarted everything again, no good, then restarted all ....3 times...and finally it all looked ok. I have no vote of confidence in this process.
Perhaps I should have used the Assistant only for the update instead of doing it through the controller and device.

2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

MatthewW28 Posted at 4-23 16:42
Hasn't 2.7K 24fps been out?

It was only 25 or 30 fps for 2.7k
2020-4-23
Use props
SkyMadE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2042031 ft
Malaysia

I have successfully update this firmware and the process took approx 5-10 minutes with few AC & RC restart during the update process. Immediately did a test flight and all went well.
No RC calibration require.
Safety settings (RTH, Max altitude and distance) are reset to default, the rest of setting are remain unchanged.
All battery firmware is updated as well for my FMC set. Just switch off the AC & FLY app, change battery and restart AC & FLY app, the update message should pop-up at the home page for each battery if it's not updated.
H.S and V.S is working now in Video subtitle, which is great.

Thanks DJI.
2020-4-23
Use props
SkyMadE
lvl.3
Malaysia

I have notice that when I shooting the video in manual mode and playback afterward, the SS and ISO was fixed but the EV Value was keep on changing accordingly.

Does it mean the ISO and SS is in manual mode but the EV value in auto mode, or am i missing something?
Is this what is suppose to be?
2020-4-23
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

SkyMadE Posted at 4-23 20:06
I have notice that when I shooting the video in manual mode and playback afterward, the SS and ISO was fixed but the EV Value was keep on changing accordingly.

Does it mean the ISO and SS is in manual mode but the EV value in auto mode, or am i missing something?

EV in manual mode shows difference between exposition in manual mode and (theoretical) exposition in auto mode.
2020-4-23
Use props
SkyMadE
lvl.3
Malaysia

JHa Posted at 4-23 20:30
EV in manual mode shows difference between exposition in manual mode and (theoretical) exposition in auto mode.

Great thanks for your clarification,
So the EV value is just an info, and the camera itself not doing any changes on the exposure.
By double check on the video, didn't notice any exposure changes.
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules