o(^-^)o
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi Posted at 4-23 15:58
Yes !!! Like dji says,  it CAN happen, doesn't mean
It has to...... when the update went 100% u should be good to fly

It seemed that all users reported need of calibration yesterday while now I read many other users didn't need to calibrate (my case). I hope I'll be able to do test flight today.
2020-4-24
Use props
YiannosZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43862 ft
Greece

JGFly Posted at 4-23 17:36
Hi djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop

Cannot find the information you are pointing to (P.38 DJI Mavic Mini User Guide (updated US version) about Step 3 in your Post  (#28)).

Hello JGFly,

mine came from the EU version so there might be a difference to the US version...
2020-4-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Renato61 Posted at 4-23 11:50
I agree, for me is more important Raw than active track, that is non-sense without sensors.

Yeah same here, active track is not something I care at all... some users mention this mode were the drone stays stationary and only rotates to track the subject, that would be cool and with 0 risk, same with a panorama mode... but Raw and sharpness much more important...
2020-4-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Pashi Posted at 4-23 11:56
+ for sharpness. It's too much now. Raw and LOG - I think we'll never see it in so cheap drone.I wish panoramas shooting mode. This will be MASSIVE! And it's executed by phone so there is no dependence from drone

Yep, is way topo much sharpness... and not sure why not add a "low, midle, high" sharpness adjustment like so many other and similar cameras...

I wish for panoramas too... but now there is hope!
2020-4-24
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

I have to say that I really did not believe that DJI would listen to our requests. Well, I was wrong and I am very happy about that Once again I want to thank you DJI for hearing us. No doubt, this upgrade will add even more value to the Mavic Mini.

DJI, could you reduce the sharpness in video with the next update? Or give the ability to set it manually? Like low, medium, high....Please
2020-4-24
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

YiannosZ Posted at 4-24 00:31
Hello JGFly,

mine came from the EU version so there might be a difference to the US version...

OK, I'll check that, thanks for the reply

2020-4-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-24 01:55
Yeah same here, active track is not something I care at all... some users mention this mode were the drone stays stationary and only rotates to track the subject, that would be cool and with 0 risk, same with a panorama mode... but Raw and sharpness much more important...

Yes, Spotlight would be a great (safe) addition for those perfect action selfies
2020-4-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Updated mine yesterday and no RC calibration was required.
2020-4-24
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 4-23 18:37
Well, the update for me was confusing. It appeared to go well until it got to 94% when it appeared to crash. Something like "No connection to A/C" popped up. So I restarted everything but then the controller would not connect to the Mini and the app said it also could not connect to the R/C...? And get this, it also said there was a firmware version error. WTF does that all mean at the same time? So I connected the a/c to the pc and ran the Assistant and everything looked good there. Then restarted everything again, no good, then restarted all ....3 times...and finally it all looked ok. I have no vote of confidence in this process.
Perhaps I should have used the Assistant only for the update instead of doing it through the controller and device.

I did it with the Assistant 2. The update by wifi may have errors or interruptions.
2020-4-24
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-24 01:57
Yep, is way topo much sharpness... and not sure why not add a "low, midle, high" sharpness adjustment like so many other and similar cameras...

I wish for panoramas too... but now there is hope!

DJI already said that were looking into adding AEB, Panorama and more quickshots to the Mini. I believe thay will come out in a future firmware update. On the other hand, I don't think DJI wil add RAW, AT or waypoints to the Mini. In fact has already said that AT will not be added to a drone without OA.

For AT we need to wait until DJI releases the SDK (hopefully mid year) and third party app like Litchi will add the Mini and then the Mini can have AT and waypoints.
2020-4-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

amferreira Posted at 4-24 06:54
DJI already said that were looking into adding AEB, Panorama and more quickshots to the Mini. I believe thay will come out in a future firmware update. On the other hand, I don't think DJI wil add RAW, AT or waypoints to the Mini. In fact has already said that AT will not be added to a drone without OA.

For AT we need to wait until DJI releases the SDK (hopefully mid year) and third party app like Litchi will add the Mini and then the Mini can have AT and waypoints.

Spotlight could be added with ease without any OA safety issues.
2020-4-24
Use props
Harpermike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

DJI already said that were looking into adding AEB, Panorama and more quickshots to the Mini. I believe thay will come out in a future firmware update. On the other hand, I don't think DJI wil add RAW, AT or waypoints to the Mini. In fact has already said that AT will not be added to a drone without OA.

I’m curious what AEB would do for the Mini.  I gather that the usual use of AEB is for creating an HDR picture.  But that normally requires that you shoot the three pictures from a very stable platform.  What am I not understanding folks?  
EDIT

I read a post in the tutorial section of the DJI web site about using AEB which is built into DJI Go app.  I see how it might work, but I wonder if having three successive shots from a hovering drone might not be the ideal starting point for HDR.  Are there artifacts from the movement of the drone that show up in drone based AEB to HDR?  
2020-4-24
Use props
Studio66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21670 ft
Belgium

what a great update. went out to test it and it’s great. tnx dji. mavic mini is a beast now!
2020-4-24
Use props
pavel_mostovoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735436 ft
Ukraine

"Added support to adjust operation frequency in Ukraine" is anybody knows what does means ?
2020-4-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

DJI already said that were looking into adding AEB, Panorama and more quickshots to the Mini. I believe thay will come out in a future firmware update. On the other hand, I don't think DJI wil add RAW, AT or waypoints to the Mini. In fact has already said that AT will not be added to a drone without OA.

Yeah, while I understand about OA and Active track, and it makes 100% sense, RAW photo is rather easy.
Regarding SDK they said several times it would come this month, so maybe we will have it soon or because of the Virus we will have to wait a bit more...
2020-4-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Harpermike Posted at 4-24 10:19
I’m curious what AEB would do for the Mini.  I gather that the usual use of AEB is for creating an HDR picture.  But that normally requires that you shoot the three pictures from a very stable platform.  What am I not understanding folks?  
EDIT

Since the Drone is actually quite far from the ground and deformed perspective elements, the use of a drone for AEB and HDR is actually very useful and easy to do... if you in the ground, the lightest movement makes things which are close to the camera get deformed very fast... but not up in the air...

For my own experience, it works fantasticly well, the only problem is that it takes time to do it manually, so if clouds or other elements are moving fast, it ruins the shot... an automatic AEB mode would help with making this process much faster.
2020-4-24
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-24 03:00
I have to say that I really did not believe that DJI would listen to our requests. Well, I was wrong and I am very happy about that  Once again I want to thank you DJI for hearing us. No doubt, this upgrade will add even more value to the Mavic Mini.

DJI, could you reduce the sharpness in video with the next update? Or give the ability to set it manually? Like low, medium, high....Please

That is a good idea... Just disable any sharpenning at all, so user can allways either make it even more blury or make it sharper in post... starting with footage overly sharpened is just wrong.
Alternatively three settings as you suggested.
2020-4-24
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 4-24 08:16
Spotlight could be added with ease without any OA safety issues.

Yes, agreed, it would be a very nice addition, zero risk, good first step toward true Active Track, which would remain a prerogative of more expensive models. In any case, very happy with what DJI just provided, especially the motor error warning, if it proves to anticipate more serious issues leading to uncontrolled descents.
2020-4-24
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

Great, next a flat picture profile and manual picture settings like sharpening, contrast etc would be nice.
2020-4-24
Use props
Harpermike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-24 11:21
Since the Drone is actually quite far from the ground and deformed perspective elements, the use of a drone for AEB and HDR is actually very useful and easy to do... if you in the ground, the lightest movement makes things which are close to the camera get deformed very fast... but not up in the air...

For my own experience, it works fantasticly well, the only problem is that it takes time to do it manually, so if clouds or other elements are moving fast, it ruins the shot... an automatic AEB mode would help with making this process much faster.

Thanks.  I hadn’t reckoned on the distance from the subject being so great.  Thanks.  Now I am pulling for AEB, too, in the next update.
2020-4-24
Use props
Arzhng
New
Flight distance : 27090 ft
Ukraine

drone just got disconnected mid update and now cant even connect it to RC again. everything had more than 75% battery...pairing mode doesnt work either
2020-4-25
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

Arzhng Posted at 4-25 00:12
drone just got disconnected mid update and now cant even connect it to RC again. everything had more than 75% battery...pairing mode doesnt work either

Hi,

You should connecter your remote and then your AC (the order dosn't matter) to Dji Assistant to start the upgrade again. By this way you'll have no disconnection at all and be able to upgrade everything properly
2020-4-25
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

sbonev Posted at 4-23 02:20
You forgot to add that the intelligent battery firmware is also available...

Thx for this info. I have the 3 battery pack. It was to my undestanding the battery would be flashed with the new firmware when installing the new MM firmware.Now what about the 2 other batteries ? No msg are popping out when I plug in the other 2 batteries ?

Thank you
2020-4-25
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6 Posted at 4-23 04:00
After the upgrade. The controller  keeps beeping.  What to do?

It says "recalibrate" the RC if it beeps at the end
2020-4-25
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

anything about active track or follow me?
2020-4-25
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

philgib Posted at 4-25 08:59
Thx for this info. I have the 3 battery pack. It was to my undestanding the battery would be flashed with the new firmware when installing the new MM firmware.Now what about the 2 other batteries ? No msg are popping out when I plug in the other 2 batteries ?

Thank you

With Dji Assistant I first updated the firmware with the first battery, then I enrolled the second and reported that there was a device to align, and so with the third.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansfdaa67c5
New
Austria

Rear left Motor error after update. I’m not the only one. Please fix!!
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_xKJ0JpgY65zd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141978 ft
Bulgaria

I would like to ask something. Before updated firmware I have had a manual exposure for video and manual white balance . So what is the new therefore?
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

djiuser_xKJ0JpgY65zd Posted at 4-25 11:30
I would like to ask something. Before updated firmware I have had a manual exposure for video and manual white balance . So what is the new therefore?

Seems something was wrong with your previous version then.
2020-4-25
Use props
congeetime
lvl.3

Canada

Finally!! Thank you DJI!

I've played around with the manual exposure mode and it works like a charm. My only wish now is if DJI can include the manual white balancing button  beside ISO/Shutter so we don't have to search through menus to find the manual white balancing feature.  Another thing which is great is the auto mode. I don't know if they updated the auto mode as well but I find that the mavic mini is handling the exposure a lot better now.  Before, aiming the drone in the direction of the sun would cause it to completely "White" out the sky but now, theres way more dynamic range and the sky isnt blown out.

Also, I don't know if its just my unit but after the update, the GPS is acting up.  It keeps saying im flying in an airport that's about 30km away from me but i'm not. Even checked the restricted fly zone map and i am no where near the airport that the app is telling me.  Anyone else having this issue too?!?! Tried recalibrating everything and nothing helped.
Screenshot_20200425-173621.jpg
Screenshot_20200425-173658.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

congeetime Posted at 4-25 13:55
Finally!! Thank you DJI!

I've played around with the manual exposure mode and it works like a charm. My only wish now is if DJI can include the manual white balancing button  beside ISO/Shutter so we don't have to search through menus to find the manual white balancing feature.  Another thing which is great is the auto mode. I don't know if they updated the auto mode as well but I find that the mavic mini is handling the exposure a lot better now.  Before, aiming the drone in the direction of the sun would cause it to completely "White" out the sky but now, theres way more dynamic range and the sky isnt blown out.

There is a another thread on this, all the same airport. Must be a glitch in the flysafe database. Someone needs to notify DJI.
2020-4-25
Use props
PRAXXUS
lvl.2

Canada

Recently updated firmware to v01.00.0500 and noticed my Fly Mode (C/P/S) speeds no longer work. All 3 Fly Modes perform the same stuck in C mode (slowest mode).

With the previous version there was a distinct difference in flight performance between the different Fly Modes.

Tried to calibrate the RC to see if the issue was related to joystick input... that didn't work.

Not sure what else to do... Downgrade to the previous version v01.00.0400 which worked fine.

Can somebody confirm if they have the any issues with the Fly Mode speeds of the Mavic Mini.
2020-4-25
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

congeetime Posted at 4-25 13:55
Also, I don't know if its just my unit but after the update, the GPS is  acting up.  It keeps saying im flying in an airport that's about 30km  away from me but i'm not. Even checked the restricted fly zone map and i  am no where near the airport that the app is telling me.  Anyone else  having this issue too?!?! Tried recalibrating everything and nothing  helped.

Mine is doing the exact same thing with the exact same airport. I am in Hamilton.

Not sure if it is related, but it seems that when I am outside with GPS signal, my acceleration speed is very slow in all flight modes including Sport. When I go indoors with no GPS, my acceleration speeds are fast like before the update. Still going to play around with it a little to confirm this. Very strange
2020-4-25
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

PRAXXUS Posted at 4-25 15:00
Recently updated firmware to v01.00.0500 and noticed my Fly Mode (C/P/S) speeds no longer work. All 3 Fly Modes perform the same stuck in C mode (slowest mode).

With the previous version there was a distinct difference in flight performance between the different Fly Modes.

Same issue for me. Only happens outdoors with GPS signal. Are you in southern ontario too? I wonder if it is a location issue.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

Seems to be a widespread issue in the area.

Edit #2: Rolling back to 1.00.400 fixed the speed limit issue. I still get the airport warning, but I can fly at full speed on  1.00.400.
2020-4-25
Use props
PRAXXUS
lvl.2

Canada

Bjord Posted at 4-25 15:34
Same issue for me. Only happens outdoors with GPS signal. Are you in southern ontario too? I wonder if it is a location issue.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

Good to know... thanks for your help.
2020-4-25
Use props
Y.C.Yuksel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33612 ft
Turkey

Hope that it will be more stable
2020-4-25
Use props
Y.C.Yuksel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33612 ft
Turkey

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-23 06:06
Hi, I just tried the new software ... everything looks fine, so I want to say THANK YOU DJI. Just one question ... Can anyone try Quickshot CIRCLE mode and try to select a distance of 10m, 20m ... Please try several times. I can choose circle mode, but I can't choose a different distance in meters ...

As i understand in circle mode, You need to arrange distance between you and mavic mini. So if you put 2 metres and select your self, mini draws a circle with a radius of 2 meters. If you put distance to 10 metres and mini draws a circle with a radius of 10 metres.
You need to be careful because you cannot calculate the origin and if you put too much distance mini will hit  some place while making circle around you.
2020-4-25
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Y.C.Yuksel Posted at 4-25 22:55
As i understand in circle mode, You need to arrange distance between you and mavic mini. So if you put 2 metres and select your self, mini draws a circle with a radius of 2 meters. If you put distance to 10 metres and mini draws a circle with a radius of 10 metres.
You need to be careful because you cannot calculate the origin and if you put too much distance mini will hit  some place while making circle around you.

Yes you were right In a circle mode we cant select a distance like in Helix
2020-4-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

philgib Posted at 4-25 08:59

Thank you

I made update with Fly app, first battery updates with AC fw., then You need to place second battery and fw. update is requested on the app main screen with big blue go fly button (not in the camera view).
2020-4-26
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

I am really glad that you have added support for manual exposure and white balance. Now I only have two requests for upcomung updates: activetrack and waypoints!
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules