Mavic Mini Release Notes (04/23/2020)
36881 213 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

On my Iphone 8, and fly app 1.1.0, I don't have the black line on the upper screen
2020-4-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-28 03:54
Two months later... sell your Air2 and buy M3P, even greater machine ;)

Very true!
2020-4-29
Use props
janeck_77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5151299 ft
Poland

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-23 06:06
Hi, I just tried the new software ... everything looks fine, so I want to say THANK YOU DJI. Just one question ... Can anyone try Quickshot CIRCLE mode and try to select a distance of 10m, 20m ... Please try several times. I can choose circle mode, but I can't choose a different distance in meters ...

There is no option to change distance in circle mode, you just move the drone wherever you want and  start quick shot. The drone will maintain the distance you set before.
2020-5-1
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

Very nice firmware update! Thanks DJI.

I just want to know what's going on with that "motor error". My rear left prop beeps every 2 or 3 flights (not all of them). But I have damaged another prop, a frontal one... may it be a firmware mistake or is it really phisical?
2020-5-2
Use props
djiuser_DZdLvGNnbPUM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86490 ft
Netherlands

@dji support

Is there a place where i can send an idea for a feature in the next firmware?

I was thinking it would be very helpful if there was an option to manually limit the drone speeds in C mode.
E.g. forward is standard 4 m/s , but it would be great if you could limit this yourself at lets say 1 m/s , so you don't have to worry about your speeds, and have more eye for the object your filming.
Also it's easier to avoid too fast movements.

Maybe same setting like the gimbal, speed and smoothness.
2020-5-2
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1018061 ft
Poland

Just updated. No issues at all, no RC calibration needed. No motor error after flying after the  update.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_VdHSsKhwSHXc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3779393 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Buona sera ho fatto l aggiornamento  e da allora l drone perde il segnale continuamente come si può rimediare ?grazie per il vostro aiuto
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_VdHSsKhwSHXc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3779393 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I did the last  update for mini mavic ,but since then the drone disconnects continuously ;others also have the same problem;i hope you can solve... thanks
2020-5-3
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

djiuser_DZdLvGNnbPUM Posted at 5-2 12:13
@dji support

Is there a place where i can send an idea for a feature in the next firmware?

You have the gimbal settings )
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_qEyGxqCm86S2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Cool update, but I am still missing a few things...

In order of importance to me:

1. Active Track / Follow Me (this is just a must! All other DJI drones have it and there is NO reason not to add it)
2. Waypoints
3. 4K 24/25/30P (preferably 60P, but from a marketing perspective I get it ;))
3. RAW support for photography

This is the perfect travel drone, but it is just missing things that some cheaper drones DO offer.
The lack of OAB is no reason NOT to implement active tracking as you can crash your drone with circling and spiral as much. It also show the active track feature is actually already implemented, but not engaged for the mini.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_qEyGxqCm86S2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Double post...
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_DZdLvGNnbPUM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86490 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_qEyGxqCm86S2 Posted at 5-4 02:45
Cool update, but I am still missing a few things...

In order of importance to me:

Keep in mind this is a "starter drone".
So even if it is possible to implement those options, DJI will not do that.
People then would but the mini instead of the higher priced models with more options.
It's all part of the business model.

And altough it would be possible to implement the smart track option, you are still missing the object detection, so the drone would hit the first obstacle on it's path
2020-5-4
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-23 10:09
I will go in parts... first DJI, thank you... I knew this day would come!! But the update has surpassed my expectations.
IMHO, because Mavic AIR 2 is coming, and is probably going to be an amazing piece of kit... They are not scared of getting close to original Mavic Air.
Personally, I thought they would be introducing this features one by one during an extensive time...

Always you can put gopro on mavic
2020-5-4
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Renato61 Posted at 4-23 11:50
I agree, for me is more important Raw than active track, that is non-sense without sensors.

For me RAW is not necessary. Not need sensors for active track
2020-5-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

MARTINEZX Posted at 5-4 11:27
Always you can put gopro on mavic

lol I dont think so.
2020-5-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

MARTINEZX Posted at 5-4 11:29
For me RAW is not necessary. Not need sensors for active track

For most begginers this is not needed.
Some more advanced users would indeed benefit from RAW and or D-cinelike video flat profiles.
If you are happy then, awesome for you, but if some of us would love to have a few extras... why not?
2020-5-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Most definitely seeing a greater distance before connection loss (CE).
2020-5-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 5-5 03:18
For most begginers this is not needed.
Some more advanced users would indeed benefit from RAW and or D-cinelike video flat profiles.
If you are happy then, awesome for you, but if some of us would love to have a few extras... why not?
Mini is not for advanced users.... What is advanced in Mini? Weight?
Spark is more advanced than Mini. Tracking, 3d sensor, panorama, gestures, posibility use without controller... RAW is in Air. If you are advanced take andvanced drone, easy....
I dont think so that Pro users have no money for better drone or cant spend 5 $ for certificate if thay use it for commercial. Of course all love extras but its little bit funny that all want this for free in every drone comes to production. Interesting that no one ask why Osmo gimbal is not flying? Or have dronie effect. In this way Dji should make super drone with all extras and only change size. Mini, Midi, Maxi. 3 drones only.
2020-5-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 5-5 03:17
lol I dont think so.
Why? If you can put Insta360go or Runcam 5 on small Tello and its working well?
Gopro 8 on mini.
https://youtu.be/BbdBboDGeG0
2020-5-5
Use props
mike
New
Flight distance : 7018 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic Mini and it automatically updated to this new version Firmware:  So I am a newbie to drones.  I can not get the drone to go out over 160' or 98' high without a red warning "Maximum Distance Reached"  or "Maximum height reached"  No matter what I do to change the settings it does the same.  I am new to this forum and just ran across it and so someone said that with the cage protectors on if you set the position for extra weight ( I can't remember the name of it) it will cause the drone to have these limitations.  Can someone please tell me how to clear these?  Thank you!
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why is this drone so rubbish in the uk? Can hardly get more than 100m at time.
Had this drone just over a week and I’m already regretting it.
Seems I wasted my money.
Is there nothing I can do to make the range better? I’ve tried everything ? Can you do an update on this?
2020-5-6
Use props
JaviFoco
lvl.1

Spain

I did not expect! It is great that they listen to the opinion of the users. And for when a "Follow me" system or an ActiveTrack or similar, DJI?
2020-5-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0 Posted at 5-6 00:43
Why is this drone so rubbish in the uk? Can hardly get more than 100m at time.
Had this drone just over a week and I’m already regretting it.
Seems I wasted my money.

You’ve got a dud! See my flight distance above 2253m
2020-5-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

mike@mikeyouragent.com Posted at 5-5 17:33
I just got my Mavic Mini and it automatically updated to this new version Firmware:  So I am a newbie to drones.  I can not get the drone to go out over 160' or 98' high without a red warning "Maximum Distance Reached"  or "Maximum height reached"  No matter what I do to change the settings it does the same.  I am new to this forum and just ran across it and so someone said that with the cage protectors on if you set the position for extra weight ( I can't remember the name of it) it will cause the drone to have these limitations.  Can someone please tell me how to clear these?  Thank you!

Have you turned off payload?
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-6 02:57
You’ve got a dud! See my flight distance above 2253m

Really!! I cannot get past more than 150m away
2020-5-6
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

don't you have a distance limit set in the fly app ?
2020-5-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0 Posted at 5-6 03:28
Really!! I cannot get past more than 150m away

See post #178
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Francoisd Posted at 5-6 03:37
don't you have a distance limit set in the fly app ?

I set them to full and no joy
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-6 04:25
See post #178

I cannot get anywhere like that only down the street
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8vAj72MmHoL0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was a new flyer so got the mini after good reviews, I wish I waited and paid for the mavic air or another make altogether now
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8A7FW6jJTgpf
lvl.2

Netherlands

Last update  
IMG-20200506-WA0012.jpg
2020-5-6
Use props
djiuser_8A7FW6jJTgpf
lvl.2

Netherlands

Last update  motor error
DJI I hope you fix it fast new update
2020-5-6
Use props
viktorw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4300850 ft
Sweden

Finally! Now activetrack, waypoints and more quickshots is the only we are waiting for.
2020-5-10
Use props
Lanzer
lvl.1

Austria

Good improvement.  Please add a "course lock mode". It  would  be very very helpful to make better videos
2020-5-13
Use props
muroo124
New
Flight distance : 23537 ft
Turkey

Lanzer Posted at 5-13 10:26
Good improvement.  Please add a "course lock mode". It  would  be very very helpful to make better videos

hi dji mavic mini,which i bought two weeks ago, started making gimbal sound on my second flight. ın my research on the internet, ı saw that some djı blues mining made this sound and ı decided to write to you.please find a solution for this device, which ı can fly twice. ıf you want, ı can also send you the video. ı would like to thank you for your interest ı look forward to resolving my problem in a short time. best regards indomitable.
2020-5-17
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got my Mini yesterday, it updated automatically and then the controller wouldn't stop beeping.  I used DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware and it fixed it.  Upgraded again and continuous beeping so I downgraded again and it flies perfectly and I don't have to listen to constant beeping.  Maybe next firmware they will get it right...
2020-5-17
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

smithe Posted at 5-17 17:47
Got my Mini yesterday, it updated automatically and then the controller wouldn't stop beeping.  I used DJI Assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware and it fixed it.  Upgraded again and continuous beeping so I downgraded again and it flies perfectly and I don't have to listen to constant beeping.  Maybe next firmware they will get it right...

You need to calibrate the controller to stop beeping. It's written on yhe change notice.
2020-5-18
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

amferreira Posted at 5-18 15:07
You need to calibrate the controller to stop beeping. It's written on yhe change notice.

Tried that, it didn't work, just beeped the entire time I was doing it and never stopped after.  Calibration was successful though, at least on my screen.
2020-5-19
Use props
Daniel Mitrea
lvl.1

Romania

Thanks for the info!
2020-5-20
Use props
Daniel Mitrea
lvl.1

Romania

Thanks for the info!