Mavic Mini Release Notes (04/23/2020)
36868 213 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

You forgot to add Boomerang and tiny planet quick shot modes,.You forgot to add a Hyperlapse mode, and some basic follow me mode for openspace environment(which doesnt require lateral sensores)
2020-5-23
Use props
terahspidgeongmail.com
New

Netherlands

Guorium Posted at 4-23 07:10
Why can't you just make copies of jpg and keep the master file untouched?
Also, editing raw is not that much pro. I am sure if newbies and see a clearly better image after edit than jpg then they would like to play with those slider bars too. Easier than changing mini's firmware to keep raw file.

Because JPG is already compressed and 'hardcoded' to a whitebalance and color space where, due to the compression, losses have already occured in both color and image details (especially toward the ends of the histogram).

RAW allows a photographer to change whitebalance without affecting other details of the image, select a color space more suited to their needs, and improve trickier pictures (eg those shot when it was just a tad too dark, for example). RAW also allows for saving the file countless times to a JPG without quality loss.

Not rooting for RAW, but it it's not as simple as just saving a copy of a JPG and editing that.
2020-5-24
Use props
lichtschaffen
New
Germany

Thank you. That's the first firmware and app I use as my Mini is very new - but I hav e suggestion for the next round:

I LIKE the ability to manual adjust the cameras exposure values but I would really LOVE the ability to easy adjust them while flying - and without taking my fingers from the sticks. Could there be a possibility to adjust the shutter speed with the dial that normally is used to direct the gimbal down an up? Shurly the down an up function is essential sometimes. But perhaps we can switch the dials function by tapping on the screen or by pressing the still camera button...

You know there are several possible alternatives. Would you please give them a chance and decide about?

Thanks a lot!

Frank
2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_i49ZBymafBSH
lvl.1

South Africa

Thalisbl Posted at 4-23 03:47
Everybody asks for RAW like it is the holy grail of photography. I mean 90% of the population takes photos with mobile phones and jpegs. I understand to ask for Raw if you are proffesional (or even serious  amateur) videographer or photographer but DJI has other devices for such market. Mini is for just amateurs and the quality of video and photos you can get with it are quite impressive. Sure we would like RAW but we can easily live without it :-)

Such bull...
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_i49ZBymafBSH
lvl.1

South Africa

Everybody asks for RAW like it is the holy grail of photography. I mean 90% of the population takes photos with mobile phones and jpegs. I understand to ask for Raw if you are proffesional (or even serious  amateur) videographer or photographer but DJI has other devices for such market. Mini is for just amateurs and the quality of video and photos you can get with it are quite impressive. Sure we would like RAW but we can easily live without it :-)

Such bull...
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_0dWyrbRFhqco
lvl.1

Canada

I updated everything and at first it worked fine but now I can't get manual mode or 24 fps it is like it reverted even though it says it is up to date. Any thoughts?
2020-6-2
Use props
deepakmasthi
lvl.1

India

Could you please configure the Operation Frequency for India?
2020-6-3
Use props
Zaphkiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49088 ft
Canada

Please, on Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600 add Log color profile, only one flat
2020-6-5
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
United States

Not everybody can afford to spend AU$1,200-1,500+ (~US$836-1,045) on a drone... As it was, spending AU$649 (~US$452) on my Mavic Mini was a lot of money in my world - and in the Real World, I am not alone.

Drones should not be toys or tools exclusive to the wealthy, so the Mavic Mini is a great fit for those not rolling in cash... Obviously DJI need to keep some differentiation between the product lines, but I don't think that the Raw Image Format is something that should be exclusive to DJI's "premium" products.
2020-6-5
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-5 08:52
[view_image]
Most definitely seeing a greater distance before connection loss (CE).

How did you get all that data into a neat image like that?

--

The Mavic Mini is my first DJI product (I previously used a Zero-X Evolve), so I obviously can't compare it to previous versions of the firmeare... But I'd like them to add "waypoint plotting", ADS-B notificatoins and support for panoramic photographs in a future firmware update or upgrade.
2020-6-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Gregory.Opera Posted at 6-6 04:23
How did you get all that data into a neat image like that?

--

It’s a free app AIRDATA UAV, great for battery maintenance etc
2020-6-6
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 6-6 04:58
It’s a free app AIRDATA UAV, great for battery maintenance etc

Is this the same company ( https://airdata.com )?

They obviously have a website, but it doesn't mention an app of their own... There is a "Airdata HD Sync" in the Apple App Store, though.

--

Nevermind.

Their website mentions that the app for Apple's iOS is "coming soon" ( https://app.airdata.com/app )... Apparently it will replace "Airdata HD Sync".

2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_vWzc8aJoZb9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109232 ft

United Kingdom

Dji please sort out the WiFi batt and gps on the fly app, it needs to be green so it can be seen better while in flight mode please sort out this issue. Fly app version of today 11.06.20 still not got it sorted oh by the way let's have a follow me mode added most cheap drones have this so why not our little Mini .
2020-6-11
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Since this is no longer Stuck, does that mean were nearing the release of the next fw?
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules