Hong Kong

Overview:
Date: 2020.04.23
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
Remote Controller: v01.00.0500
DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.8
DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.8

What’s New?
  • Added manual exposure for videos (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
  • Added 2.7K 24fps and 1080P 24/48fps resolution (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
  • Added manual white balance adjustment (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
  • Improved download speed for photos and videos.
  • Improved flight stability in some scenarios.
  • Added support to adjust operation frequency in Ukraine.
  • Optimized remote controller performance. Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware.

Notes:
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2020-4-23
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Yay, new fw to play with.
2020-4-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

You forgot to add that the intelligent battery firmware is also available...
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, let’s see if it can straighten the props ;+)::::::
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 02:22
Good job, let’s see if it can straighten the props ;+)::::::

No, that requires a firmware upgrade to the carrying case.
2020-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2.7k 24fps now that’s a result.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_CZms4IiY5rKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-23 02:20
You forgot to add that the intelligent battery firmware is also available...

How are the batteries updated, and how can you tell if they have updated?

What version are they on to now - how check to confirm all updated?

Thanks
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 02:29
No, that requires a firmware upgrade to the carrying case.

Darn it....... next update so......
2020-4-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Ay yo this is the bomb update! Let's see if we have more uncommanded descends. Then maybe a follow me and raw. Then you can leave the mini behind and never touch it again lol
2020-4-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Raw support not present?
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Renato61 Posted at 4-23 03:07
Raw support not present?

Think it was a joke, you won’t see raw ever with mini, but jpegs render very nicely and it is quite possible to manually improve photos even these jpegs, I don’t think there is much more to be extracted from these photos that are going to make big improvements, most modern cameras process jpegs really well.
My tip is try to follow good light this will improve your photos a lot more than Raw will .
2020-4-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manual video exposure
2020-4-23
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Everybody asks for RAW like it is the holy grail of photography. I mean 90% of the population takes photos with mobile phones and jpegs. I understand to ask for Raw if you are proffesional (or even serious  amateur) videographer or photographer but DJI has other devices for such market. Mini is for just amateurs and the quality of video and photos you can get with it are quite impressive. Sure we would like RAW but we can easily live without it :-)
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Definitely appreciate the availability of manual camera controls with video.
2020-4-23
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Thalisbl Posted at 4-23 03:47
Everybody asks for RAW like it is the holy grail of photography. I mean 90% of the population takes photos with mobile phones and jpegs. I understand to ask for Raw if you are proffesional (or even serious  amateur) videographer or photographer but DJI has other devices for such market. Mini is for just amateurs and the quality of video and photos you can get with it are quite impressive. Sure we would like RAW but we can easily live without it :-)

Agree very much
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16775 ft
Australia

After the upgrade. The controller  keeps beeping.  What to do?
2020-4-23
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

ww00t!w00t!

NEW TOYS!

=C=
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6 Posted at 4-23 04:00

Calibrate controller, instructions in your manual.
2020-4-23
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6 Posted at 4-23 04:00

The release notes say:

Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware.
2020-4-23
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

Is there anything new that is not mentioned in the release notes?
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6
lvl.1
Australia

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-23 04:06
The release notes say:

Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware.

I did the calibration,  won't help. Still beeping.
2020-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6 Posted at 4-23 04:18

If you did calibration correctly, it should have stopped once you rebooted, I can only suggest go to dji assistant and revert back to last RC FW and redo new FW, I know it’s a pain but if FW is not 100% it might come back on you.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_b5bNHKOWysop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43862 ft
Greece

Controller Calibration Process

Step 1: Turn on the DJI Mavic Mini remote control.

Step 2: Then open the DJI Fly app on your smartphone.

Step 3: Connect the remote to your phone via WLAN. The RC should be factory connected to Mavic Mini. If not, follow the instructions on page 38 of the DJI Mavic Mini User Guide to connect the RC to your phone.

Step 4: Click Close in the "Indicates that this attachment may not be supported" message.

Step 5: If you check the lower right corner of the DJI Fly app, the message "RC Connected" appears.

Step 6: Click Input Device.

Step 7: Click General Settings (3 dots) at the top right.

Step 8: Select the Remote Settings icon on the left.

Step 9: Click on "Remote Calibration" at the top.

Step 10: Next, you should see 2 square boxes for each Mavic Mini remote panel.

Step 11: Click "Start".

Step 12: Before you start, read the warning and ask to place the joystick in the middle.

Step 13: Click "OK" in the warning.

Step 14: Follow the instructions on the screen to slide the joystick.

Step 15: Follow the empty blue circle on the screen to surround the entire blue circle around the screen.

Step 16: It starts more or less from the top and then moves to the right, down and left.

Step 17: Then repeat the process with the correct Mavic Mini joystick.

Step 18: Then follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the left DJI Mavic Mini dial.

Step 19: Calibration is now complete. Click Yes.

2020-4-23
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Oh My God!!! DJI! You're THE BEST!!!! It's pleasure to deal with you. You promised to add manual controls - you did it. This is why I love you. THANK YOU!!!!!!
2020-4-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice firmware update.  Thank you.
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-23 04:53
Nice firmware update.  Thank you.

Added manual exposure for videos (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).

Is this where you can tap the screen to decide what you want to set the exposure level to ?

This works in photo mode but still doesnt work for video mode  in the Android or IOS version of the latest app.

Also I lost the satellite counter on my samsung S6, I had to uninstall/reinstall the app to get it back.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_zHKw0MQPeMy6 Posted at 4-23 04:18

After remote controller calibration,  beeping stopped.  
2020-4-23
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

Is there other device with MM weight, size and battery life and with raw? Or raw possibility depends in dron size?
2020-4-23
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Hi, I just tried the new software ... everything looks fine, so I want to say THANK YOU DJI. Just one question ... Can anyone try Quickshot CIRCLE mode and try to select a distance of 10m, 20m ... Please try several times. I can choose circle mode, but I can't choose a different distance in meters ...
2020-4-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

The same can be argued since RAW is made first then converted to JPG, it is little work to keep raw for mini's software. What I really wonder is, for mini's sensor size, it RAW really going to make that much of a difference? Mavic Air has the same sensor size, do Mavic Air users find raw a big deal?
2020-4-23
Use props
CaulfieldS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117405 ft
United States

Anyone know if this fixed the gimble adjusting down when coming to a stop?
2020-4-23
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guorium Posted at 4-23 06:09
The same can be argued since RAW is made first then converted to JPG, it is little work to keep raw for mini's software. What I really wonder is, for mini's sensor size, it RAW really going to make that much of a difference? Mavic Air has the same sensor size, do Mavic Air users find raw a big deal?

RAW is always the best choice, no matter the size of the sensor (with some phones you can have RAW files with some photo programs as well). It is like you have the negatives (for us the olders) of a film shooting. With more dynamic range and ability to correct your photos without loosing any data, raw is something must for proffesionals. For the rest of us though jpeg is adequate. Myself if I want to have the best quality from a jpeg (apart that I pay more attention when I actual take the photo) I saved it first as TIFF and then manipulate it. I don't gain anything in quality but when I manipulate TIFF and save various versions of a photo I don't loose what ever quality had in the beginning either
2020-4-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Corger Posted at 4-23 04:10
Is there anything new that is not mentioned in the release notes?

AE stays locked now in Quickshots
2020-4-23
Use props
Francoisd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

It has to be confirmed by someone else, but in video mode, when you tap on the auto button on the right bottom corner, you access to manual parameters for video I think. I'm not familiar with manual parameters on video but it seem to be like my canon camera.
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Guorium Posted at 4-23 06:09

I won't lie, on my full frame Cannon 6D I always use raw. The JPG it outputs is good, but RAW preserves more detail. I am not clamoring for raw on the MM, though I would welcome it. I think it is a marketing thing. And it does cost 1/2 the price of a MA and 1/4 that of a MP.
2020-4-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

Thalisbl Posted at 4-23 06:42
RAW is always the best choice, no matter the size of the sensor (with some phones you can have RAW files with some photo programs as well). It is like you have the negatives (for us the olders) of a film shooting. With more dynamic range and ability to correct your photos without loosing any data, raw is something must for proffesionals. For the rest of us though jpeg is adequate. Myself if I want to have the best quality from a jpeg (apart that I pay more attention when I actual take the photo) I saved it first as TIFF and then manipulate it. I don't gain anything in quality but when I manipulate TIFF and save various versions of a photo I don't loose what ever quality had in the beginning either

Why can't you just make copies of jpg and keep the master file untouched?
Also, editing raw is not that much pro. I am sure if newbies and see a clearly better image after edit than jpg then they would like to play with those slider bars too. Easier than changing mini's firmware to keep raw file.
2020-4-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Donsir_LTU Posted at 4-23 06:06
Hi, I just tried the new software ... everything looks fine, so I want to say THANK YOU DJI. Just one question ... Can anyone try Quickshot CIRCLE mode and try to select a distance of 10m, 20m ... Please try several times. I can choose circle mode, but I can't choose a different distance in meters ...

Didn’t test that, but AE lock now stays on in Quickshots
2020-4-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 4-23 05:40
Added manual exposure for videos (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).

Is this where you can tap the screen to decide what you want to set the exposure level to ?

Tap the Auto button in the bottom right hand corner
2020-4-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

Deucalion Posted at 4-23 07:04
I won't lie, on my full frame Cannon 6D I always use raw. The JPG it outputs is good, but RAW preserves more detail. I am not clamoring for raw on the MM, though I would welcome it. I think it is a marketing thing. And it does cost 1/2 the price of a MA and 1/4 that of a MP.

It is a marketing thing for sure. I have raw file made on my 6d when it comes to serious shoot. Other than that jpg is ok.
2020-4-23
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules