Nothing works as it should
3414 35 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

So I had not used my drone Mavic Pro in some time and recently took it out and applied the latest firmware update to both RC and Drone - (firmware version 01.04.0500) Flew the drone after the update without issue then packed it up again. The next day after charging batteries and going out for a flight I experienced errors all over.

Here is a list of the issues I am experiencing:
  • Gimbal Camera does not take video or photos - the onscreen buttons cannot be pressed and the remote button can not be triggered with a press
  • SD Card is not recognized (Have tried different ones formated and original) It shows nothing in SD Card Slot
  • Gimbal does not move with remote
  • I have tried multiple times to downgrade to an earlier firmware, but it does not allow me to do it. (See image below)
  • Cannot return the drone to facory defaults.
I have tried doing to downgrade via remote and pc without success. I have even tried using Dumldore again without success.

When I download the earlier firmware and the install begins it stalls around 40% then the drone turns off and I get update failed error.

I will post a video and more images shortly.

Firmware failure.

Firmware failure.
2020-4-23
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

Here are the 3 videos that shows all the issues i am having:
  • Video 1
  • Video 2
  • Video 3

2020-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That firmware update error might be the cause of the issues.
I think you will have to try that again. (update firmware)
2020-4-24
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-24 00:06
That firmware update error might be the cause of the issues.
I think you will have to try that again. (update firmware)

That's not an option - I have tried it like 35 times already.  This firmware ruined the drone.
2020-4-24
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried going back to the original firmware?
2020-4-24
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 4-24 12:24
Have you tried going back to the original firmware?

Yes many times does not work. I can not even restore defaults on the drone.
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JoseLunaNJ, we apologize for the trouble with the firmware upgrade the gimbal, do you still recall the previous firmware version before the firmware upgrade? Was your DJI account the same with your Forum account? If yes, we would like to add a beta firmware to you to have a try.
2020-4-25
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-25 00:42
Hi JoseLunaNJ, we apologize for the trouble with the firmware upgrade the gimbal, do you still recall the previous firmware version before the firmware upgrade? Was your DJI account the same with your Forum account? If yes, we would like to add a beta firmware to you to have a try.

I dont recall the last firmware prior to this latest one.

My DJI Account is the same as the forum.
2020-4-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 4-24 09:15
That's not an option - I have tried it like 35 times already.  This firmware ruined the drone.

That is a bummer. Try the beta one.
2020-4-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 4-25 02:18
I dont recall the last firmware prior to this latest one.

My DJI Account is the same as the forum.

Your old firmware was 1.04.0300 as it is on the controller.
Try to link the controller and drone again.
Have newer tried the .0500 firmware, but I use .0400 and have newer had any trouble updating
after 01.03.0900 .
2020-4-26
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 4-26 11:11
Your old firmware was 1.04.0300 as it is on the controller.
Try to link the controller and drone again.
Have newer tried the .0500 firmware, but I use .0400 and have newer had any trouble updating

I have tried every firmware version - believe me I have spent hours trying and retrying.
2020-4-26
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

I have not received the Beta yet?
2020-4-26
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/dumldore,  REFLASH TO 1.04.0300, AND NEVER UPDATE YOUR MAVIC ANYMORE!
2020-4-27
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-27 22:22
https://dji.retroroms.info/howto/dumldore,  REFLASH TO 1.04.0300, AND NEVER UPDATE YOUR MAVIC ANYMORE!

I have tried this method countless times and it doesnt work either.  Took your advice from another persons post, but no luck.  I am not sure why the drone will not take to any system trying to update or downgrade firmware.

I am waiting on beta from DJI to see if that works but i doubt it at this point.
2020-4-28
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

oke, good luck with it, it should be working with Dumldore, never heard it failed.What were the errors with using dumldore??

2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 4-28 00:25
I have tried this method countless times and it doesnt work either.  Took your advice from another persons post, but no luck.  I am not sure why the drone will not take to any system trying to update or downgrade firmware.

I am waiting on beta from DJI to see if that works but i doubt it at this point.

I'm terribly sorry for the late response because of the new-launched drone. I have added the beta to you.
Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2. Upgrade the firmware V01.3.8.11 or V1.3.8.10.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest version, it will be working.
2020-5-4
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 02:41
I'm terribly sorry for the late response because of the new-launched drone. I have added the beta to you.

UPDATE FAILED -

I WILL TRY AGAIN
2020-5-4
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-4 05:42
UPDATE FAILED -

I WILL TRY AGAIN [view_image]

I SHOULD MENTION THIS WAS NOT ON THE LIST Upgrade the firmware V01.3.8.11 or V1.3.8.10., ONLY 01.04.0241 BETA WAS ON THE LIST AS BETA
2020-5-4
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-4 02:41

No luck, after trying 4 times This keeps happening to me -
After update the Mavic Pro firmware to FW 01.04.0241 the Mavic Pro do not see any SD card. I tried to downgrade to FW 01.04.0100 and the update fails and Mavic restarts to 40% - "error: undefined 0x020104" A factory reset did not work and reset failed again at 40 % (tried it several times),
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-4 06:00
No luck, after trying 4 times This keeps happening to me -
After update the Mavic Pro firmware to FW 01.04.0241 the Mavic Pro do not see any SD card. I tried to downgrade to FW 01.04.0100 and the update fails and Mavic restarts to 40% - "error: undefined 0x020104" A factory reset did not work and reset failed again at 40 % (tried it several times),

If the previous drone’s firmware version is 01.04.0000 or later, the error cannot be solved by adding user permission for the beta firmware. Since you mentioned you don't recall the previous firmware and  01.03.0813 is not available in DJI Assistant 2, we will inform the team to add again.
2020-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi JoseLunaNJ, we've added again, please have a try, if the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back for the evaluation, please start a ticket online: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2020-5-6
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Maybe not helpful at all, but..
Be sure your SD-card isn't write protected.
Access to the SD card is needed during update.

Windows-disk-write-protection-sd-card-write-protection-toggle-switch.png
2020-5-6
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-6 21:09
Hi JoseLunaNJ, we've added again, please have a try, if the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent back for the evaluation, please start a ticket online: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Thank you so much it is working again. You guys rock
2020-5-11
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-11 20:12
Thank you so much it is working again. You guys rock

I should mention the way it worked was me completely removing the SD card - Nothing was in the slot.
2020-5-11
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-11 20:18
I should mention the way it worked was me completely removing the SD card - Nothing was in the slot.

I've been watching your thread as I have the original Pro, glad you're all sorted, you would have thought DJI would have known that.
Keep safe
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-11 20:18

Nice try, glad to know the issue has been solved, happy flying.
2020-5-14
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 00:49

How can removing the SD card be in any way considered as problem solved?
2020-5-14
Use props
Deathwink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70771 ft
Italy

Can you add me to the beta list? I have the same identical error as Jose, I've update the mavic to the last  firmware version 01.04.0500 and now I've camera Gimbal and SD error.
Thanks
2020-5-24
Use props
Ducatinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1288806 ft
Netherlands

Have the same problem with my MP1. Cannot upgrade or downgrade.
Bird is stuck @.100 now.
@DJI mindy. Can you add the beta for me?
2020-5-24
Use props
Deathwink
lvl.1
Italy

Some help please? I can't use my drone for this stupid firmware
2020-5-26
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

Deathwink Posted at 5-26 09:03
Some help please? I can't use my drone for this stupid firmware

What exactly i happening?
2020-5-26
Use props
Deathwink
lvl.1
Italy

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-26 09:31
What exactly i happening?

Hi Jose, I've updated the firmware of my mavic pro to the latest version and now I have the same idential problem that you found too.
I can't upgrade or downgrade the drone.
You have recovered with the beta firmware?
2020-5-26
Use props
JoseLunaNJ
lvl.2
United States

To everyone on here who is having the same issues I had - where your gimbal doesn't work, screen blinks, SD card not recognized along with a bunch of other issues with the latest firmware this is what I did to overcome the problem after countless hours of trying everything.

First thing is to make sure you have a full charge on your drone and Remote control prior to applying any updates
Remove your SD card from the Drone - Make sure it doesn't have any installed.
Download the DJI Assistant PC version based on the drone you have
Start the software
Sign into your DJI account
Okay now connect your drone using a USB cable to your PC
Select the drone type from the list
Go to the Firmware List and look at the current version you have installed
If you have not been supplied the beta version, select a previous version which was working and click downgrade
Leave everything connected and select start upgrade or downgrade based on what you are preforming
Allow the process to complete and you should be good to go.

Then connect your remote and apply the same firmware update (downgrade)
After your drone starts - put in your formatted sd card and it should work.

Good luck

2020-5-26
Use props
edwintcg
New

Malaysia

JoseLunaNJ Posted at 5-26 10:14
To everyone on here who is having the same issues I had - where your gimbal doesn't work, screen blinks, SD card not recognized along with a bunch of other issues with the latest firmware this is what I did to overcome the problem after countless hours of trying everything.

First thing is to make sure you have a full charge on your drone and Remote control prior to applying any updates

it works!~! thanks!
2020-6-11
Use props
TEXAGONIA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292461 ft
United States

HI Mindy  POI problem.  I have years of experience operating different DJI crafts, commonly using a manual POI (yaw-orbit), but on this third Mavic of mine (2nd was returned for same problem), the aircraft orbits the point of interest smoothly, but then the yaw deactivates for a second and re-activates, creating a jerky orbit (see attached video as example), ruining otherwise perfect footage.  This has happened several times in several geographic locations, several different radius, several different speeds and altitudes.  It's not user error.   Please help.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9eAY0Q5clc
2020-6-30
Use props
Gilmarvbl
lvl.1
Brazil

Boa noite! Você já teve algum problema com as imagens de vídeo?  Depois que sofri uma queda, fiz a troca do cabo flat gimbal e o cabo do camera!  O vídeo fica com a imagem tremula , no caso de fotos está ok!
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules