Ronin S - Nikon Z7 & FTZ Adapter . Setup issues
1621 2 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
May Media
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there,

I think I have made a big mistake ordering a Ronin S. Please help?

I have one arriving from DJI in about a week. By chance, I got to test one today from a friend (wish I knew he had one before ordering).

Before ordering I read the compatibility list, and that it was compatible with the Z7 & AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR (with the assumption that it factored in the FTZ Adapter)

Re-reading the compatibility list I now believe it says that the Ronin S is compatible with that NIKKOR 24-70mm as part of DSLR series OR the same lens in the Z series is compatible with the mirrorless.

After trying all afternoon to balance my Z7 & AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2 VR with the FTZ Adapter (also tried my Tamron 15-30mm) I am unable to balance it without hitting the back of the gimbal. Is there any way of making this work? Is there something I have missed? My conclusion is that the Ronin S will not work with the FTZ adapter for these longer lenses?

What sort of recourse will I have once the Ronin S arrives? Will DJI refund me? OR do I need to go out and buy the Nikkor Z 14-30mm to shoot my property videos?

Thanks very much

2020-4-23
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

Have a look at https://www.smallrig.com/smallri ... -s-gimbal-2308.html
It allows you to add counterweights to help balance heavy lenses
2020-4-23
Use props
fans26d3c1f3
lvl.1
India

I think I have the same issue. When I Use the Z7 with the 24-70mm f/4 the viewfinder is hitting the roll axis gimble motor
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules