12Next >
12199 51 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

Is there a way to reverse the direction of the gimbal wheel?

If not could it be integrated in the next firmware?
2020-4-23
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Yes, flip the controller over so that it is facing away from you. I agree though, that would be handy. I seem to always get it wrong the first time.
2020-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im always getting this wrong too,  think I might use some masking tape to make a label to remind me.
2020-4-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 05:06
Im always getting this wrong too,  think I might use some masking tape to make a label to remind me.

I never understand how you can get it wrong, pull the wheel down and the camera goes down, push it up and the camera goes up, what am i missing  ?
2020-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 4-23 05:47
I never understand how you can get it wrong, pull the wheel down and the camera goes down, push it up and the camera goes up, what am i missing  ?

The wheel goes left and right rather than being orientated up and down.
2020-4-24
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 00:23
The wheel goes left and right rather than being orientated up and down.

ahh i get it, you hold the controller flat,i hold it at about 45 degrees.
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 01:12

The wheel is always left and right, unless you mean that you hold the controller 45 degrees sideways. I think you have (correctly) associated up and down with left and right. We are still learning how to do that.
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I will forward your feedback to the engineers to notice. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2020-4-24
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 4-24 01:12

I hope you are being funny because it's still left and right regardless of the angle.
2020-4-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember it this way: Left and Down both have 4 letters so they relate....at least in English ;-)
2020-4-24
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

GaryDoug Posted at 4-24 19:45
I remember it this way: Left and Down both have 4 letters so they relate....at least in English ;-)

Haha thanks for this tip!
2020-4-24
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

In italian it doesn't work
2020-4-24
Use props
eqsOne
lvl.1
Germany

crash1sttime Posted at 4-23 05:47

Pulling back usually raises the nose, pushing forward, brings it down. That’s why a lot of operators would love to see a simple direction option added, like with the sticks.

The topic isn‘t new at all, people have asking this years before and have not been heard. Some have hardware-hacked their controllers by switching two of the three cables at the potentiometer plug.

This works well but shouldn’t be necessary at all. I can‘t see any good reason why DJI still keeps ignoring this but they do.
2020-12-31
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I also have a memory jog for the gimbal wheel.  Left = Lower (both start with L).  At least it works in English...
2020-12-31
Use props
Tim Gn
lvl.2
United States

K6CCC Posted at 2020-12-31 09:30
I also have a memory jog for the gimbal wheel.  Left = Lower (both start with L).  At least it works in English...

I agree that it should be reversible/customizable, for me pulling the wheel left  rotating counterclockwise would equate to pulling nose up.  This is known as a human factors issue, when they design airplanes they pay attention to these behaviors.  DJI please add this to next firmware.  Can’t be that hard.
2021-1-16
Use props
Fbree
lvl.1

Netherlands

Remember Left=Lower In dutch its links(Left) = Lager(lower) and that will work in englisht to.
2021-1-16
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Fbree Posted at 1-16 18:10
Remember Left=Lower In dutch its links(Left) = Lager(lower) and that will work in englisht to.

I finely had to use a label maker and had to stick it on the surface.
It is screwy the way it is. If you were flying a airplane by stick controls forward is down.
DJI got it backwards . And probably can’t change it in the app.
This is the main sight for us. DJI but they never respond here. If someone can ask them if it’s possible to change it threw the app upgrade.
A simple yea or no would be nice to know.
Doug
2021-1-16
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Donut Posted at 1-16 20:06
I finely had to use a label maker and had to stick it on the surface.
It is screwy the way it is. If you were flying a airplane by stick controls forward is down.
DJI got it backwards . And probably can’t change it in the app.

Is the gimbal control wired in or is it mounted to a board. If it’s wired I’m reversing mine.
I haven’t taken mine apart so I don’t know .
Doug Dose anyone hsve a picture of that area in the control.
2021-1-17
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Donut Posted at 1-17 21:31
Is the gimbal control wired in or is it mounted to a board. If it’s wired I’m reversing mine.
I haven’t taken mine apart so I don’t know .
Doug Dose anyone hsve a picture of that area in the control.

Its a plugin to the board.
20210117_114510.jpg
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_rk7gTndLV1Ye
New

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2020-4-24 18:07
I will forward your feedback to the engineers to notice. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please do... I love everything about this drone but for the life of me I can’t get the gimbal right first time... it is counterintuitive!
2021-2-21
Use props
ugadoug86
New

United States

Every flight joy stick I’ve ever used is Push to go Down. Pull to go Up. DJI knows this standard, because that is how the left joy stick operates. Push lowers the drone, Pull raises it. THAT is why we are all having this problem, and always will. It is second nature.  The fact that the gimbal wheel is horizontal is irrelevant. We are still “Pushing” our finger forwards, but the camera goes up. Please add a reverse gimbal wheel option. Soon. Thanks.
2021-2-25
Use props
pklepac
lvl.1

Austria

I am flying  also RC helicopters and the current wheel direction corresponds to collective control - stick up means going up... and I using the same left hand as well...
2021-3-11
Use props
bhagmeister
lvl.1
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2020-4-24 01:12

there are two ways of holding the controller at “45 degrees” - it makes a difference wrt ‘up/down’ reference
2021-6-8
Use props
chhh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139790 ft
United States

+1 please add gimbal wheel reversal in software!
2021-6-29
Use props
cpper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410659 ft
Romania

+1. I only flew my Mini 2 a couple of times, but it seems totally unnatural the way it is now. Every time I want to change the angle of the camera I have to remember to do the opposite movement to what feels natural.
2021-7-8
Use props
FlyWithJames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246811 ft
United States

+1 to add option to reverse the wheel.  I also keep doing it the wrong way, and it seems unnatural to me.   It used to be a feature in the older Phantom drones.   
2021-8-1
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

I created a poll, please vote:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2530103
2021-8-2
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

On the first flights I would have liked a headless flight mode, but with the direction of the gimbal wheel I was immediately familiar and found it quite logical. Just like a volume control on the radio ... to the right louder (up), to the left quieter (down). But ok, it's never bad to have an option to change this.
2021-8-2
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

jonny007 Posted at 8-2 11:52
On the first flights I would have liked a headless flight mode, but with the direction of the gimbal wheel I was immediately familiar and found it quite logical. Just like a volume control on the radio ... to the right louder (up), to the left quieter (down). But ok, it's never bad to have an option to change this.

The reason is probably that I'm left-handed.
So I think different
2021-8-2
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

After several years trying to get used to this counter intuitive push=up commands, first with the P4P and then also the Mini I gave up trying to break my natural impulses. My tractor is pull = up and push = down with all implements front or rear. Retraining my reflexes could cost my life.
I have changed the wiring in my P4P and Mini controllers. Is easier to do with the Mini. The gimbal wheel is an analog potentiometer. Switching yellow and red wire reverses the actuation direction. Choosing the colour Black for the wiper  as DJI did goes against 100+ year industry habits.
2021-8-2
Use props
TedDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417398 ft
United Kingdom

eqsOne Posted at 2020-12-31 03:34
Pulling back usually raises the nose, pushing forward, brings it down. That’s why a lot of operators would love to see a simple direction option added, like with the sticks.

The topic isn‘t new at all, people have asking this years before and have not been heard. Some have hardware-hacked their controllers by switching two of the three cables at the potentiometer plug.

Exactly! Anyone who's flown anything will understand it this way. Please add a fix, DJI.
2021-8-27
Use props
TGM13
lvl.1
United States

oldhasbeen Posted at 8-2 15:47
After several years trying to get used to this counter intuitive push=up commands, first with the P4P and then also the Mini I gave up trying to break my natural impulses. My tractor is pull = up and push = down with all implements front or rear. Retraining my reflexes could cost my life.
I have changed the wiring in my P4P and Mini controllers. Is easier to do with the Mini. The gimbal wheel is an analog potentiometer. Switching yellow and red wire reverses the actuation direction. Choosing the colour Black for the wiper  as DJI did goes against 100+ year industry habits.

In my Mini 2 controller the wires are black, white, black. No color at all.

2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_HmzlfiUeBGrg
New

United Arab Emirates

HEY GUYS, I JUST FOUND IT. IN VIDEO MODE, YOU CAN SEE 3 DOTS IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER. CLICK ON THAT AND GO TO GIMBAL MENU. IN THAT, TURN OFF INVERT PAN CONTROL AND INVERT TILT CONTROL.
2021-12-24
Use props
Andi123
lvl.1
Germany

+1
DJI, please add a gimbal wheel reversal in software for Mavic mini.
I always do the wrong way. It was important for me to reverse the gimbal wheel.
Thanks
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_G6UD3aU6wiIA
lvl.1
United States

Yes, please!
I just got my first drone (mini 2) and love it. The only criticism is the gimbal wheel control.
I push the wheel expecting it to point down and it points up.
I realize this has been the default since the beginning but does not mean it's intuitive or right for everyone. It and can remain a default but I imagine it's possible to provide an option like for the joystick controllers.
Thanks
2022-1-29
Use props
Shaf
New
Flight distance : 679167 ft
United States

I always go the wrong direction.  When I push the wheel away from my hand to me it is like I am turning a nut and going that direction would screw it down when I go toward my hand it is like I am taking the nut off or going up. Hard for me to think otherwise. I would very much like the option of switching the direction of that control without having to open the controller and switch wires.
2022-2-28
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

Shaf Posted at 2-28 11:23
I always go the wrong direction.  When I push the wheel away from my hand to me it is like I am turning a nut and going that direction would screw it down when I go toward my hand it is like I am taking the nut off or going up. Hard for me to think otherwise. I would very much like the option of switching the direction of that control without having to open the controller and switch wires.

Exactly.
What should be a really easy fix isn't done. That's a shame.
2022-2-28
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
Italy

djiuser_HmzlfiUeBGrg Posted at 2021-12-24 13:09
HEY GUYS, I JUST FOUND IT. IN VIDEO MODE, YOU CAN SEE 3 DOTS IN THE TOP LEFT CORNER. CLICK ON THAT AND GO TO GIMBAL MENU. IN THAT, TURN OFF INVERT PAN CONTROL AND INVERT TILT CONTROL.

Hi, can't find those commands in my mini's menu..?!
Could you, please, post a picture of this ?
Many thanks

2022-3-2
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
Italy

djiuser_HmzlfiUeBGrg Posted at 2021-12-24 13:09
....Up....
2022-3-8
Use props
AurelienWeb
New
Flight distance : 38983 ft
France

+1 pour ajouter une option pour inverser la roue. Je continue aussi à le faire dans le mauvais sens, et cela ne me semble pas naturel.
2022-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules