Reverse the direction of the gimbal wheel
12224 51 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ExOmC6lm25cm
New
Flight distance : 80023 ft
United States

I have been flying RC aircraft for over 40 years. I can't for the life of me overcome the natural tendency to PUSH to go down and PULL to go up. The gimbal dial direction makes no sense to me at all.
2022-7-27
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

djiuser_ExOmC6lm25cm Posted at 7-27 12:29
I have been flying RC aircraft for over 40 years. I can't for the life of me overcome the natural tendency to PUSH to go down and PULL to go up. The gimbal dial direction makes no sense to me at all.

That is obviously true.
Why doesn't DJI do anything about it?

Please, DJI, get to work!
2022-7-28
Use props
djiuser_DtM7ipFpn8jm
lvl.1

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2020-4-23 05:47
I never understand how you can get it wrong, pull the wheel down and the camera goes down, push it up and the camera goes up, what am i missing  ?

With the RC Pro Controller and Mavic 3 there is no up and down on the gimbal wheel because it's positioned horizontally in the controller making its input adjustments clockwise or counter clockwise or if you're looking straight down at it could also be push right or pull left.
When I push right or clockwise the camera tilts up and I want to program it to tilt down when pushed clockwise.  I have not found out how to reverse the input movements.
If anyone knows how please reply.

Thank you very much.
2022-8-21
Use props
fans1355b37e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103996 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How come this is still not a customizable option? I ALWAYS get it wrong the first time... DJI, its all about the details!!
2022-10-29
Use props
_gl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

please make it customisable.  It intuitively should be the other way 'round for me, it obviously works differently for everyone, so this should be an option.  I'm tempted to resolder the control, but that shouldn't be necessary.
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_KKupr89hBUte
New

United Kingdom

DJI needs to set this customizable!!
2023-5-19
Use props
Airboss7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6112 ft

Netherlands

Please DJI, please do something about this. I mess up a lot of nice shots because of this. To me, the way it is now is very counter intuitive. If I pull on something, it will go up. I am a professional pilot so I don't want to change my muscle memory. If DJI can't fix this I will have to try to reverse the wires in the controller, and if that doesn't work I will have to look for another product that does what I want. So DJI, if I pull on the gimbal wheel (so the wheel turns counter clockwise), I would like the camera to move up, and when I push on the wheel (so the wheel turns clockwise), I would like to camera to move down.

I think the Mavic Mini I fly is a nice product, but the after care is really not what I expected at this price point. I even ended up buying a used Iphone because on the Android version of the DJI FLY app it was impossible to make the drone climb when I pull back on the stick, whithout being forced to make the drone move reverse when pushing the other stick forward. No matter what you do, it is impossible to change only one thing. But the Apple version of the App fixed it.

Dear DJI,
The forums are full of people requesting a change in the direction of the gimbal wheel, please listen to your customers.
Thank you.
2023-10-5
Use props
Airboss7
lvl.1

Netherlands

Is there anybody who succesfully rewired the gimbal wheel? Any how to guides? Thanks!
2023-10-5
Use props
Airboss7
lvl.1

Netherlands

Trevor OV MM Posted at 2021-1-27 07:24
Its a plugin to the board.

It is a matter of switching the red and the black wire in the connector?
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_fHREBgPHLCAf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12372 ft

Serbia

For the love of God! Make this action reversible in the app! It's literally few lines of code, one label and one checkbox in the UI. Give this to some intern or junior dev to do it. It will take 5 minutes tops including push and merge of the code. Please open a ticket for this minor improvement or let me know where can I open one.
Thank you
1-27 11:24
Use props
djiuser_fHREBgPHLCAf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12372 ft

Serbia

Airboss7 Posted at 2023-10-5 09:34
Is there anybody who succesfully rewired the gimbal wheel? Any how to guides? Thanks!

https: //youtu. be/--j2tWU353M?si=o6T4wsAnY6yolNsH
Remove the blank spaces in this url and take a look.
This guy did it, you don't have to remove heat sink like he did but the question is should you do it when it can be easily done through the code if dji would only listen to customers.
1-28 01:25
Use props
Nicholibo
lvl.1
United States

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I have been trying to reverse my natural instinct to pull up/push down for the last two years and still get it wrong a majority of the time. So wild to me that you can customize all of the controls on the the RC and RC pro EXCEPT for the direction of the gimbal tilt and zoom wheels.
3-7 05:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules