Is DJI Care Refresh on hold?
1094 21 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MassDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

My P4P suddenly experienced a failure in the gimbal yaw motor, with the camera flopping to one side. I contacted DJI Support, and received the following statement when I tried to set up a repair: Dear customer, Due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, some products have been temporarily suspended for maintenance in North America. Please keep your device with you until further notice. Once our repair facility resumes work, we will send you a pre-paid shipping label to accommodate shipment of your device. Your patience is highly appreciated.
Does this mean that DJI is currently selling DJI Care Refresh contracts but is not honoring contracts already sold? What happens if my Care Refresh expires before they open for business - is my contract void? Will I receive compensation for that period of coverage that was cancelled?

2020-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi MassDrone, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account. I have forwarded it to the related team for a check, if there is an update, I'll let you know.
2020-4-24
Use props
MassDrone
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-24 01:01
Hi MassDrone, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account. I have forwarded it to the related team for a check, if there is an update, I'll let you know.

Hi Natalia,

Thank you so very much for your assistance. I received a UPS shipping label, and I will be sending my drone for repairs today. You're doing a great job!
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MassDrone Posted at 4-24 10:22
Hi Natalia,

Thank you so very much for your assistance. I received a UPS shipping label, and I will be sending my drone for repairs today. You're doing a great job!

Hi MassDrone, you're welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-4-25
Use props
Pablo Aguilar Orellana
lvl.1

Spain

Hi!

Im sorry to intrude in this post but as I am a new user i can´t create threads yet and this is related to the question I wanted to ask.

Ok, so I got a mavic mini few months ago and I didn´t activate the care refresh within the first 48 hours.I found that  theres the possibility to adquire it by uploading first a video showing what DJI ask you to.. The problem is that one of those is the gimbal serial number, and I have no clue where to find it. I only have access to the aircraft serial number.

Also, I dont have any clear idea if that video method is valid or not.

Thanks!
2020-4-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Pablo Aguilar Orellana Posted at 4-26 09:21
Hi!

Im sorry to intrude in this post but as I am a new user i can´t create threads yet and this is related to the question I wanted to ask.

Hi, Pablo. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You can just provide the aircraft serial number.     

1. Make sure that the serial number is clear and readable.

2. In an open space, make sure to show the DJI Fly app clearly in your shot. Show the distance and altitude. It should reach at least higher than 50 high and 50 meters in distance.

3. Make sure that the aircraft is stable when flying.

4. Make sure to show the safe land the aircraft at the end of the video. Do not edit your video. Edited videos will not pass verification.

Kindly be advised that the video should upload on YouTube and set the video privacy on public to allow the verification team to review your video.  Once the video has been approved, you will be notified by email. Hope this helps.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_pZr3uk6ncXf2
New
Flight distance : 22687 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, apologies for hijacking the thread. New user so I cannot create one yet.

I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and Care Refresh.

I had a crash last week so have submitted a case but I am yet to receive a shipping label, and when checking on my account under 'My Cases' the case no longer shows up (it was there when I checked last week), when I search by the case number it comes up as not a valid case number.

Is there anyone who can help look in to this for me?

Case Number: CAS-4213503-Z1D1Z2
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_pZr3uk6ncXf2 Posted at 4-27 01:13
Hello, apologies for hijacking the thread. New user so I cannot create one yet.

I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and Care Refresh.

Hi there, I have checked your case, please don't worry, it is valid and waiting for the shipping label at present, I have forwarded your request to the related team, kindly please wait for the update, thanks.
By the way, you can check the repair progress via this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace by entering your case number. Hope this can help you.
2020-4-27
Use props
DenGlanzig
New
Flight distance : 22687 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you, just received my UPS label - checked again and can see my case now too, not sure why I was struggling earlier, perhaps I mistyped it.

Thanks again for your help
2020-4-27
Use props
Pablo Aguilar Orellana
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 4-26 12:32
Hi, Pablo. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You can just provide the aircraft serial number.     

1. Make sure that the serial number is clear and readable.

Thanks Diana!

Also, I would like to report that its really common that a "Max power reached" warning appears in my dji app even if I just started flying, and sometimes the aircraft start to slowly descend without responding to the sticks. It happened to me several times and in two occasions, it landed in the ground and luckily I could recover it without any kind of damage (as it just go down slowly). I have heard that is a common thing among other users but no clue if I can do something to fix it or is just a problem that will need an future update.

Greetings!
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DenGlanzig Posted at 4-27 04:25
Thank you, just received my UPS label - checked again and can see my case now too, not sure why I was struggling earlier, perhaps I mistyped it.

Thanks again for your help

You're welcome. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pablo Aguilar Orellana Posted at 4-27 11:08
Thanks Diana!

Also, I would like to report that its really common that a "Max power reached" warning appears in my dji app even if I just started flying, and sometimes the aircraft start to slowly descend without responding to the sticks. It happened to me several times and in two occasions, it landed in the ground and luckily I could recover it without any kind of damage (as it just go down slowly). I have heard that is a common thing among other users but no clue if I can do something to fix it or is just a problem that will need an future update.

Hi Pablo, sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message in your DJI FLY app? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_Pun1aZX91Lqz
New
Italy

Buongiorno, ho bisogno che DJI mi invii il link per attivare l'aggiornamento di cura del mini numero seriale Dji 1WHCH3KR0759BE acquistato il 23 aprile 7 giorni fa.  Qualcuno può rispondermi per favore?
Chiedo scusa sono nuovo utente, il mio problema è che ho acquistato il mini assieme al Care referesh e dopo 7 gg nessuno mi ha inviato la posta con il numero seriale. il mio invoice number è S0-0391728040749
2020-4-30
Use props
djiuser_Pun1aZX91Lqz
New
Italy

djiuser_Pun1aZX91Lqz Posted at 4-30 06:03
Buongiorno, ho bisogno che DJI mi invii il link per attivare l'aggiornamento di cura del mini numero seriale Dji 1WHCH3KR0759BE acquistato il 23 aprile 7 giorni fa.  Qualcuno può rispondermi per favore?
Chiedo scusa sono nuovo utente, il mio problema è che ho acquistato il mini assieme al Care referesh e dopo 7 gg nessuno mi ha inviato la posta con il numero seriale. il mio invoice number è S0-0391728040749

Ho trovato il numero di contratto per aggiornamento, grazie scusate
2020-4-30
Use props
MassDrone
lvl.4
United States

It's me, the OP, back with an update. My drone arrived safely in Cerritos this morning and was checked into the system. Now I get to see how well Care Refresh operates.

Here's a question for DJI Natalia: According to the DJI website, Express service, which skips damage assessment and quotation, gets me a replacement drone immediately. Do I have to request Express service, or is that automatic?

Thanks!
2020-4-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Pun1aZX91Lqz Posted at 4-30 06:16
Ho trovato il numero di contratto per aggiornamento, grazie scusate

Sorry for the late response and good to know you found it, hope you stay safe.
2020-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MassDrone Posted at 4-30 16:14
It's me, the OP, back with an update. My drone arrived safely in Cerritos this morning and was checked into the system. Now I get to see how well Care Refresh operates.

Here's a question for DJI Natalia: According to the DJI website, Express service, which skips damage assessment and quotation, gets me a replacement drone immediately. Do I have to request Express service, or is that automatic?

DJI Care Refresh Express can only be applied when filling the online repair form, it needs to be paid in advance before sending in. Since your package has already been checked-in, there is no way to request DJI Care Refresh Express service, appreciate your understanding.
2020-5-1
Use props
MassDrone
lvl.4
United States

Well understood. Actually, I'm pleased. I just heard from DJI service that the drone will be repaired or replaced at no charge to me. I should be back in the air in a little over a week (I hope). I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks!
2020-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MassDrone Posted at 5-1 12:44
Well understood. Actually, I'm pleased. I just heard from DJI service that the drone will be repaired or replaced at no charge to me. I should be back in the air in a little over a week (I hope). I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks!

That's good to know, hope you will get the drone back soon.
2020-5-1
Use props
MassDrone
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-1 20:12
That's good to know, hope you will get the drone ack soon.

And indeed I will get my drone back soon!

I just got emails from DJI and UPS. DJI's email indicated a full replacement of the drone, controller, and battery is on its way, no charge, per regular warranty. The UPS email says expected delivery to my house is Friday, May 8. If UPS delivers, it will make two weeks door-to-door cross-country (I'm in New England) for the replacement with a brand new drone (inferred because of lack of the letter 'R' at the end of the serial number, which would mean refurbished).  
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_sVoIPgL0PUGW
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-25 23:42
Hi MassDrone, you're welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

I submitted a request to replace one of my Mavic Air 2 batteries.  Less than 2 weeks aftet purchase, it will not turn on or charge.  No lights.  
I srnt request last night and i received a prompt reply thay due to Covid, no repairs or replacements are occurring.
This was my reference number in their reply....  3014907

Whay are my options with this defective battery?

Thanks
2020-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_sVoIPgL0PUGW Posted at 8-29 11:25
I submitted a request to replace one of my Mavic Air 2 batteries.  Less than 2 weeks aftet purchase, it will not turn on or charge.  No lights.  
I srnt request last night and i received a prompt reply thay due to Covid, no repairs or replacements are occurring.
This was my reference number in their reply....  3014907

Hi, we're sorry if you had troubles with our email support, certainly, this is not experience we want you to have. This was only our Covid-19 response since pandemic.

We pulled up the ticket number you've provided. If your battery/drone is under warranty and found to have not functioned, we'll replace/repair it under Warranty Period of Main Parts

Hope this helps. Thank you.
2020-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules