DJI Inspire 1 Camera Feed Problems. Please Help!
3142 0 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CobraJr._BOMSF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft

United States

My DJI Inspire 1 was recently pulled out from the closet (Giggity) and it needed a firmware update. Upon updating the firmware, everything seemed to be going smoothly, and then after a few minutes of it updating, the camera faced forward, and the aircraft began making a never ending beep with a flashing yellow light on the tail, and solid red light on the x5 camera. I let it sit for another 15-20mins, and then made the assumption that something went wrong and turned it off. I checked the sd card for the FW_Results and found that the top 2 were successful, and the 3rd failed. I decided to turn the aircraft on and see what it would say when trying to use it. In the app it states that it has the latest firmware, and no issues are present. But it no longer displays the camera feed to the app. The aircraft still flies normally, and I can still tilt the gimbal up and down. I don't have the option to move the gimbal any other direction manually, other than the gimbal moving side to side when turning the aircraft to the right and left (rudder control) making the camera smooth the image. The camera does still record and take photos, I just can't see them in the app. I can still view them as normal when the SD card is pulled and placed into a computer. I will link everything I can think of in this post for better information. I did receive the error "MC connection to main board failed" before the firmware update, but quickly fixed the problem by checking the cables above the mounting plate, and seeing that it wasn't plugged in all the way. After fixing that, the issue did go away, and then I proceeded to attempt to update the firmware before taking it out on a flight.

I currently use the Pixel 3a XL phone as my main device for the controller. I planned on getting an IPad Mini 2, but never invested in one. I know that people have had issues with device compatibility, and I am borrowing a friends IPad later today to try and see if I can get camera feed from the drone through that. But I have my doubts, considering the firmware issue as stated above.

Please if anyone has any information, or can help, I would be very grateful. I would like to avoid shipping this to DJI at all costs, due to current shipping delays, and expenses not really being an option right now, as I don’t have as much of a budget as I’d like during this pandemic. I did purchase an Osmo Handle, and x5 adapter since I’ve been wanting one anyways, and will try to use it on the x5 camera as well. But it doesn’t come in the mail till 4/28/20.

That’s all the info I think I can give right now, and if more is needed, I’d be more than happy to provide it.

FW Results

FW Results

No Camera Feed

No Camera Feed

MF Mode Metering Disabled

MF Mode Metering Disabled

Latest FW Installed

Latest FW Installed

Gimbal Status Normal, SD card readable

Gimbal Status Normal, SD card readable

Lens Profile

Lens Profile