GEO Zone problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerial hiking
lvl.1
United States

About a week ago, I travelled (along way!) to a place in rural Virginia for a job to shoot a greenhouse roof. The green house sits very close to a small airport. Both on the Fly Safe website as well as the app said that it was in an "enhanced warning zone"...NOT a restricted Zone. However, when I arrived on site, I was not able to take off. It said "Cannot Take Off" and said "restricted zone". It gave me NO option to unlock. When I clicked on "errors", that didn't give me anything to help.  I'm attaching a picture from DJI's fly safe geo zone page as well as a screen shot from my app on site. Anybody have any suggestions. DJI basically told me "sorry" and said to try uninstalling the DJI Go app. The X represents where I was standing. I was using an updated DJI Phantom 4 Advanced.

DJI geo problem.jpg

GEO Zone problem

GEO Zone problem
2020-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Regarding the unlock geo zones issue, please send an email to flysafe@dji.com, our related team will help to check the details and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2020-4-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's not clear what you are flying.  The zones are different depending on what aircraft you're flying.  Did you have an internet connection when you were launching?  I like to get approved in advance via the flysafe site.  That way there are no surprises and you don't need the internet.  The unlock is good for three days.  

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

Good luck.  
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules