Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 - Just a jacked up Mavic Pro?
1042 11 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been looking at the specs as they become available with the new Mavic Air 2 and looks to be more similar to the original Mavic Pro but with rear sensors. Camera specs appear to be a bit better but what else?

2020-4-23
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I currently own the Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. This appears too similar to the Mavic Pro to consider adding to my stable............for now until I see more
2020-4-23
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I think I heard about Best Buy unloading the current Mavic Air for 600 bucks.....
If you just had to add to your stable, that would the one to go for, especially at that price.
2020-4-23
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 4-23 09:34
I think I heard about Best Buy unloading the current Mavic Air for 600 bucks.....
If you just had to add to your stable, that would the one to go for, especially at that price.

Thanks but the original Mavic Air doesn't have anything to offer that I don't already have
2020-4-23
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I was just thinking you were looking for a "new pony" to add....
2020-4-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Flormo,

With just a couple days left, you might want to wait and look at the specs for the new Mavic Air 2.  The MA2 will be half the size and weight of a Mavic Pro and will have rear sensors at least, as you noted.  There will probably be much more like the 120 frames per second at 1080p resolution.  Twice the slomo of any other bird (but, they may have dropped that).  Just the compactness may get you to rethink your assessment.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Flormo2002, The answer is coming soon!  Mavic Air 2 will be released in the DJI online store on April 28th, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Beijing Time (GMT+8). Hope you will like it.
2020-4-26
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-24 01:57
Aloha Flormo,

With just a couple days left, you might want to wait and look at the specs for the new Mavic Air 2.  The MA2 will be half the size and weight of a Mavic Pro and will have rear sensors at least, as you noted.  There will probably be much more like the 120 frames per second at 1080p resolution.  Twice the slomo of any other bird (but, they may have dropped that).  Just the compactness may get you to rethink your assessment.

Yes. I've re thought the situation and purchased last night on BH
2020-4-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-28 18:14
Yes. I've re thought the situation and purchased last night on BH

Aloha Flormo,

Congratulations!  Now is the time to read the manual and anything you can get on the DJI Fly flight system.  Oh yeah, I just looked, you have the Mavic Mini, same app.  Did you notice the Mavic Mini DJI Fly app has been expanded to include many manual photo and video options?  Maybe that is because the Mavic Air 2 was coming out!

Did you notice that the Slow-Motion for the Mavic Air 2 is 1080p at 240 frames per second?  That is wicked!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-28
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-28 22:20
Aloha Flormo,

Congratulations!  Now is the time to read the manual and anything you can get on the DJI Fly flight system.  Oh yeah, I just looked, you have the Mavic Mini, same app.  Did you notice the Mavic Mini DJI Fly app has been expanded to include many manual photo and video options?  Maybe that is because the Mavic Air 2 was coming out!

Hoping everyone had a nice Christmas or whatever you chose to celebrate.
Still enjoy flying the Air 2 and love it. Haven't used most of the features it offers other than to take it out several times a week and just "shoot the breeze"
2020-12-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 12-27 16:15
Hoping everyone had a nice Christmas or whatever you chose to celebrate.
Still enjoy flying the Air 2 and love it. Haven't used most of the features it offers other than to take it out several times a week and just "shoot the breeze"

Aloha Flormo,

It is easy to understand that!  I am sure there are a few old Phantom 3 options I still have not tried!  But, you still got to love getting up and out with your birds!  

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have flown the Pro while doing a project before I owned a drone. I also flew the Mini and Air 2. I ended up buying an Air 2 because of the size and battery range.

From my experience, unless you are doing professional level work for screens above 85 inches I do not see a huge advantage to the having a Pro. There just seems to be a lot more setting for the camera that I find little use for and that require significant practice to capture great footage.

I believe that the Pro as the name implies is geared toward experienced professions who have a need for incredibly detailed camera settings.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules