Mavic 2 Connection Issues
638 7 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCIV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192923 ft
United States

Hello, I've recently been having some major connection issues with my Mavic 2. When I attempt to fly, the Mavic signal goes blank at only about 50 ft. I can still control the aircraft (sometimes but barely ever), but no video feed.

This started occurring seemingly randomly after the firmware update. I've tried refreshing my firmware, downgrading firmware, using a different cord to connect my phone, refreshing settings menu, updating remote control firmware. I cannot figure out what is going on.

I have had one successful flight since this issue started, and I cannot understand why it worked this one time. I had just reset my settings within the app and turned the aircraft on and off, and somehow it worked. I tried again later that evening and the issue persisted. Flight records show major loss of signal from controller, but no explanation why.

Thank you all in advance!

2020-4-23
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Is the battery in the controller discharging quickly? Is it getting warm when working? Are you using an Android phone, which charges off the controller?
2020-4-23
Use props
RCIV
lvl.1
United States

I have three different batteries. None seem to have discharged quickly and are healthy according to Airdata flight records. Highest Temp seems to be around 112F. I am using an iPhone 6s, never had issues with it before. I do use controller to charge it a lot.

Here is my one normal flight since this started: https://app.airdata.com/share/AqWLFx/GENERAL
And here's what my flights look like now: https://app.airdata.com/share/EbQlKN/GENERAL

Even just walking away from the aircraft with my controller will start to lose signal. It's like a 20 ft. range.

I'm downgrading to V01.00.0300 to see if there's any change.
2020-4-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi RCIV,

you say you can still control the aircraft, but no visual on your Iphone. Did you concider problems of the cable and connections from the controller towards the smartphone?

Typically the controller still works, but the screen of the DJI Go4 app goes black & white. I had some of those problems with my first mavic pro when the connector was slightly pulled out of my smart phone.

Try to change the cable.
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi RCIV, do you have a screen recording video for the issue to double-check? Please try different open areas to fly, and remote controller’s antennas should be positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. If the issue persists, please provide a screen recording video to confirm. Thanks.
2020-4-24
Use props
RCIV
lvl.1
United States

JohnDG Posted at 4-24 01:27
Hi RCIV,

you say you can still control the aircraft, but no visual on your Iphone. Did you concider problems of the cable and connections from the controller towards the smartphone?

Hey thanks for the reply,

I did try that once already. I also tried another phone just to be sure it wasn't the phone's lightning port. I should have said limited control of the aircraft. Control goes in and out but when the signal is completely gone there's no control whatsoever.
2020-4-24
Use props
RCIV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-24 03:20
Hi RCIV, do you have a screen recording video for the issue to double-check? Please try different open areas to fly, and remote controller’s antennas should be positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. If the issue persists, please provide a screen recording video to confirm. Thanks.

Thank for the feedback,

I do have antennas adjusted correctly. I've never had a problem with this area before, but I have tried flying in other locations and the issue persists. Downgrading firmware has not resolved the issue. I couldn't get screen recording to upload here so here is the YouTube link for it:

I have 18 satellites and an apparent full signal from remote and HD signal but it still cuts out at only ~50 ft. and randomly reconnects with poor quality. DJI has said I'll need to send it in but I'm really hoping to avoid this as it's out of warranty. Although I feel this should be covered.
2020-4-24
Use props
luzius
lvl.1
Switzerland

Connection issues where mainly video feedback is affected are often caused by strong WiFi signals.
Did you try to use your phone in flight mode (all wireless shut down as in an aircraft)?
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules