MOTOR SPEED ERROR AFTER 04/2020 FIRMWARE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 11:16
You are completely delusional, it’s so very obviously clear that abeardeditallian damaged his props in order to get the test to go the way he wanted and also SAR did exactly the same , you’re in complete denial regarding bad props, if user damaged his props then he has damaged props that’s a given, but you’re saying that perfectly brand new props have some unseen damage of which there is absolutely no proof whatsoever, and all your doing is trying to flog a dead horse without a scintilla of evidence none nada, just your delusions in order to prove that props have unseen damage. It’s a complete crock and you know it.

The proof is right in front of your eyes, and there is nothing delusional in my statements.

1. those tests prove that damaged props cause both Motor Error warnings and uncommanded descents
2. they also prove that the damaged props look pretty much identical to good ones.
3. people who get Motor Error warnings get them to stop by changing the props, even if their props look good.

I truly don't understand what else do you need to accept that THERE ARE BAD PROPS AROUND. We might not know why (storage by users, packaging by DJI, bad batches, poor QC), but we do know that props are at fault.

As I told you several times, if one day you'll get the motor warning, you are more than entitled to inspect your props and keep flying if they look good to you. I won't.
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_Yg2OoEJp3t1t
New
Flight distance : 119685 ft
United Kingdom

Had mine 2 weeks and just had this fault pop up changed the props and came up after two short flights...
2020-5-8
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 11:16
You are completely delusional, it’s so very obviously clear that abeardeditallian damaged his props in order to get the test to go the way he wanted and also SAR did exactly the same , you’re in complete denial regarding bad props, if user damaged his props then he has damaged props that’s a given, but you’re saying that perfectly brand new props have some unseen damage of which there is absolutely no proof whatsoever, and all your doing is trying to flog a dead horse without a scintilla of evidence none nada, just your delusions in order to prove that props have unseen damage. It’s a complete crock and you know it.

Except all the proof in the RPM data but you know who cares about that, I wish more people that had "new" drones would share there .Dat so we could see if indeed those props are producing higher RPM which would indicate a bad prop.

The damage that I and Sar did is worst case 10/10, you are correct that it doesn't represent the entire community but it does show what can happen as a result of PROP DAMAGE.

You keep saying we won't see any more UD's but Sar has shown on 1.05 that the code still exists and he was able to trigger the UD. I myself was able to overwhelm the FC with damaged props, while ours are worst case this does show what can happen if left alone/ignored. DJI could have made the tolerance for this better IE why you say it fly's better since the last update, they could have pushed the threshold higher but the simple fact is it still exists in the code and can still be triggered. Meaning that while for right now everything is fixed, when props do deform enough to trigger the error if ignored and flown on they will go on to cause and UD.
2020-5-8
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Yg2OoEJp3t1t Posted at 5-8 12:02
Had mine 2 weeks and just had this fault pop up changed the props and came up after two short flights...

Refresh the FW via DJI Assistant to make sure everything went well during the upgrade. Also, use brand new props, don't swap them front/rear or things like that. If the error persists, analyze your DAT file following the instructions on this thread and report back with your findings.
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 11:53
The proof is right in front of your eyes, and there is nothing delusional in my statements.

1. those tests prove that damaged props cause both Motor Error warnings and uncommanded descents

Those tests prove nothing whatsoever about bad batch props or faulty props you have been hammering around here. Both those tests were done with props that were damaged by those who done the tests, in one case they were so badly damaged because tester placed them in a book and jumped on them.

Your imagination ran away with itself. There is no need to prove bad props cause problems everyone knows this they don’t need a test, so the test only proved what we all knew. Bad props are just that.

So on to your claim of bad props that look exactly like new props in every way shape or form. Where is the test that so called props caused craft to descend of it own volition, well it’s easy no test no proof just your delusions .
You say they’re props that are brand new causing craft to descend on its own, where is your proof or are you just making this up.

There have been warnings which dji have set up on motors, but maybe you’ll explain how only one motor the same one detects bad props and this detection magically goes away when updated FW on assistant. And still we see no drop outs not even slight ones.
Please explain why no warnings for some and after 3 flights they get a warning to change prop and low and behold it’s left rear.
Don’t you find that a coincidence, also is it not a coincidence that those who didn’t change props or simply swapped props, not one single problem with descents.

I think at first I thought props might have been the problem, until I’ve been reading that people purposely damaged their props to prove nothing except damaged props cause problems, and in these cases props were very much visibly damaged.
I wonder if you asked any new user even a complete green user, if he has visibly damaged props what does he think will happen, cmon what do you think he might say ! I can guarantee you he wouldn’t need any test to prove his answer.
I think it was the complete ridiculousness of saying it’s was something that couldn’t be seen, something something that needed an x-ray or needed to be put through an ultrasonic that convinced me this was more than a prop problem.

So far we’ve seen some get warnings as soon as they change left rear prop or update FW warning doesn’t come back and no one is receiving warnings to change more than one. So if your theory is right all bad props magically ended up on left rear and you don’t think this is far fetched.

What happened with last FW was better optimizations and a warning to change bad props, but the cause of descents was not down to only invisibly damaged props, dji have now come out and said to check for damage to props and never mentioned anything about invisible damage or having them X-rayed, physical damage, in fact they mention if damage can be repaired then do this, I mean does that sound like they’re worried about bad batch of props .
2020-5-8
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I thought I'd add my comment on this. This happened to me on my 4th flight. Left rear.. inchanged the props and have been through 4 Full batteries since without any more issues.
I have a theory on this. I got the fly more combo so I'm using the case provided by dji.
I notice the two rear props when folded have to be horizontal to the drone when in the bag as the bags internal design is lowered on that point. If you store the props parallel with the dronenin the bag, the ends of the props sit over a raised area which I imagine put pressure on the props and over hours or days may bend them slightly. For everyone who got the fly more combo, you will know what I mean.
Also I have to ask, is this problem happening to people who got the fly more combo or others too.
Since I changed the left rear props and made sure I store the drone with the props folded inward at a 90 degree angle to the drone, I haven't had this issue since.
20200508_220236.jpg
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 5-8 12:15
Except all the proof in the RPM data but you know who cares about that, I wish more people that had "new" drones would share there .Dat so we could see if indeed those props are producing higher RPM which would indicate a bad prop.

The damage that I and Sar did is worst case 10/10, you are correct that it doesn't represent the entire community but it does show what can happen as a result of PROP DAMAGE.

Look I’ve been flying drones for quite a number of years. I have a commercial license and in getting that you are supposed to physically check props before and after flights all flights and the reason is obvious, bad props cause problems, in all that time I have never seen or heard of invisibly damaged props and I don’t believe I ever will, that’s the first thing.
So in the las 3 weeks not one single drop out not one single uncontrolled descent. And only change we know about is left rear prop warning, no other props of note. So some didn’t change just updated FW, Some changed and warning went away, so those who didn’t change the invisible damaged props we should see them dropping out of the sky, but so far all good.
I have no problem saying visibly damaged props cause problems, but invisible damaged props no I don’t believe that one. And it now seems like dji doesn’t either.
2020-5-8
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 12:47
Those tests prove nothing whatsoever about bad batch props or faulty props you have been hammering around here. Both those tests were done with props that were damaged by those who done the tests, in one case they were so badly damaged because tester placed them in a book and jumped on them.

Your imagination ran away with itself. There is no need to prove bad props cause problems everyone knows this they don’t need a test, so the test only proved what we all knew. Bad props are just that.

[...] and in these cases props were very much visibly damaged.

You might want to look at the photos posted by SAR and ABeardedItalian, as in both cases there was nothing really obvious about the damaged props.

[...] I have never seen or heard of invisibly damaged props and I don’t believe I ever will, that’s the first thing.

There's much more science behind props, than you probably imagine. If it were that simple, companies like Master Airscrew would not exist. The props of a MM are extremely light (I'd say flimsy, it was the first thing I noticed as soon as I took it out of the box...) and spin around 10k RPMs, with the bad ones reaching peaks of 16-17k RPMs: you think you can envision what happens to them at those speed, just by looking at them??? Those tips are paper-thin... one degree positive pitch and everything is ok, one degree negative and they start bending and flapping around... you don't need much.
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 13:59
[...] and in these cases props were very much visibly damaged.

You might want to look at the photos posted by SAR and ABeardedItalian, as in both cases there was nothing really obvious about the damaged props.

I think it’s pretty clear what both Abearditallian and SAR did to the props, you’ve now lost the plot altogether what your saying is they damaged them invisibly , by jumping on top of them etc, it’s like been in the twilight zone now with you, you tried this with the pitch on the mini until Abearditallian proved your theory wrong on that one. Now your making all sorts of ridiculous statements about props.

Look think about what you’re actually saying, they’re are bad batch of props out there, but they somehow only find their way on to one motor and it’s this single prop that’s responsible for uncontrolled descent.

“Tips are paper thin you’ve seen them flapping around”

So can you just explain how all these flapping props found their way on to one motor ?Why are there no flapping props on the front motors ? Why have 3 props got no problems with these 1 degree out of tune rear left  props ?

If props are so problematic why have we not seen this on other dji craft ?

And I suppose why were the two tests not done with these problematic props instead of putting unnecessary pressure to flatten them or jumping up and down on them.

BTW I’ve looked at all props in pictures on other thread, and I don’t think I would recommend using any of them, and if you can’t  see anything wrong with them then maybe I’m starting to see where your going wrong .
2020-5-8
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 15:07
I think it’s pretty clear what both Abearditallian and SAR did to the props, you’ve now lost the plot altogether what your saying is they damaged them invisibly , by jumping on top of them etc, it’s like been in the twilight zone now with you, you tried this with the pitch on the mini until Abearditallian proved your theory wrong on that one. Now your making all sorts of ridiculous statements about props.

Look think about what you’re actually saying, they’re are bad batch of props out there, but they somehow only find their way on to one motor and it’s this single prop that’s responsible for uncontrolled descent.

Enlighten us then, because my replacements look identical to the old/now damaged ones. The only difference I can see is the weight when measured. Comparing the RPM data the new props that you are not calling also bad show no sign of RPM increase and showed an equaling out effect.
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 5-8 15:41
Enlighten us then, because my replacements look identical to the old/now damaged ones. The only difference I can see is the weight when measured. Comparing the RPM data the new props that you are not calling also bad show no sign of RPM increase and showed an equaling out effect.

I can only say this to you , if I had a prop with a nik out of it I would be putting it in the bin, even scratches I would find it very hard to keep them on any craft. I have never had a problem with a prop that both looked and felt right .
And to look at the bigger picture here, I’m not saying damaged props were not part of the bigger picture and if someone said to me I’m going to physically damage my props and see if my craft can fly correctly, I would say “don’t bother” that test doesn’t need testing. But if someone who had problems with drop outs was to say they would test perfectly new props that had uncontrolled descent against other props then that’s a test that I’d like to see, but it didn’t happen.
What did happen and it has shown that maybe props are not the cause , we have seen no uncontrolled descents in 3 weeks and we have seen new warning,  warning of problem with left rear prop, so to much of a coincidence that all props that are bad are on one motor.
Would this mean that both you and SAR only needed one damaged prop to get same result .
2020-5-8
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

I don't know about Sar's test but mine were never to prove a bad batch of props, the question started when many users had the warning on rear left and I was curious as to why. On initial review I found the beginning of an RPM Increase and a difference forming, that's when I began testing and found my replacement props performed better then my originals.

Not everyone knows this, you yourself have gone around to say that props are not the cause of UD when our testing says otherwise, yes I'll give you ours are extreme cases but it identifies that props do play a role in them.

So on to your claim of bad props that look exactly like new props in every way shape or form. Where is the test that so called props caused craft to descend of it own volition, well it’s easy no test no proof just your delusions .
You say they’re props that are brand new causing craft to descend on its own, where is your proof or are you just making this up.

How do you KNOW they're isn't an issue, if DJI didn't believe there was an issue why is there a warning, why did they make a post addressing it. They have information to say otherwise.

There have been warnings which dji have set up on motors, but maybe you’ll explain how only one motor the same one detects bad props and this detection magically goes away when updated FW on assistant.

No one magically fixed the issue, those users who had the problem resolved via a fw refresh are still unknown. It could of been a bug due to incomplete installation, we have see that those who do get the warning for real that changing the props does fix the issue.

And still we see no drop outs not even slight ones.
Please explain why no warnings for some and after 3 flights they get a warning to change prop and low and behold it’s left rear.
Don’t you find that a coincidence, also is it not a coincidence that those who didn’t change props or simply swapped props, not one single problem with descents.

This warning isn't tripped willy nilly, the users who haven't expired the warning again simply haven't met the same conditions as the first time the warning was issued. Why do we get high wind warnings only when it's windy, because the conditions have been met to trigger the warning.

I think at first I thought props might have been the problem, until I’ve been reading that people purposely damaged their props to prove nothing except damaged props cause problems, and in these cases props were very much visibly damaged.

Again what visual damage do you see? I'll destroy a fresh set of props to prove the same thing, we can't see the damage that is taking place and if you can't grasp that then all of this is pointless. Can you see how hard Steel is? Only when you test with a file can you determine it's HARDNESS, you can't see the molecular structure that has changed. Just like plastics, when the props are bent past a certain threshold they lose there strength. If the resin was impure, if the mold had defects, if the mold release reacted with the plastic, if the stresses from manufacturing weakened the props. All things we can't SEE but could take place that would cause props to fatigue.

I wonder if you asked any new user even a complete green user, if he has visibly damaged props what does he think will happen, cmon what do you think he might say ! I can guarantee you he wouldn’t need any test to prove his answer.

What if you told that same user to just un bend and straighten his props and that everything will be okay... oh wait DJI is already telling us to do that.

I think it was the complete ridiculousness of saying it’s was something that couldn’t be seen, something something that needed an x-ray or needed to be put through an ultrasonic that convinced me this was more than a prop problem.

No one has said this is strictly a prop problem, it was the props though that started the questioning that lead to the discovery of UD.

So far we’ve seen some get warnings as soon as they change left rear prop or update FW warning doesn’t come back and no one is receiving warnings to change more than one. So if your theory is right all bad props magically ended up on left rear and you don’t think this is far fetched.

We don't know the answer to why this is, from my testing both rear props were experiencing issues and not everyone has reported just the Rear Left, there have been reports of Front right and Rear Right. We can only guess the conditions are not the same as the flight that triggered the warning in the first place, we need DAT files instead of guessing.

What happened with last FW was better optimizations and a warning to change bad props, but the cause of descents was not down to only invisibly damaged props, dji have now come out and said to check for damage to props and never mentioned anything about invisible damage or having them X-rayed, physical damage, in fact they mention if damage can be repaired then do this, I mean does that sound like they’re worried about bad batch of props

You're still holding on to jokes like those are serious statements, while said jokingly they do hold some truth because damage CAN take place that we can't visibly SEE. DJI has Identified an issue with props, has made a suggestion to try and if the warning persists to REPLACE the props. Clearly they are aware that bad props do exist.

I think it’s pretty clear what both Abearditallian and SAR did to the props, you’ve now lost the plot altogether what your saying is they damaged them invisibly , by jumping on top of them etc, it’s like been in the twilight zone now with you, you tried this with the pitch on the mini until Abearditallian proved your theory wrong on that one. Now your making all sorts of ridiculous statements about props.

Was destroying them the only thing we did? What other tests would you of liked to see, oh that's right you've suggested nothing and call us insane for bothering to figure out what's going on. We tried various things that are plausible causes and when the results weren't what we were looking for we tried more aggressive methods till we got the result we desired. Just because it took the destroyed state to provoke a response, we did get a response that provided us with FACTUAL information.

Look think about what you’re actually saying, they’re are bad batch of props out there, but they somehow only find their way on to one motor and it’s this single prop that’s responsible for uncontrolled descent.
“Tips are paper thin you’ve seen them flapping around”
So can you just explain how all these flapping props found their way on to one motor ?Why are there no flapping props on the front motors ? Why have 3 props got no problems with these 1 degree out of tune rear left  props ?

......... GJ's graph, mine, and Sar's all show RPM difference across all props. I've changed ALL props and have shown the differences, it's not just the Rear Left motor but the error does seem to prominently show up in that motor but as we've seen from previous reports that it's NOT THE ONLY MOTOR to report the error.

If props are so problematic why have we not seen this on other dji craft ?

What other DJI drone has props this small, oh the Tello which is an indoor drone that doesn't experience the forces or temperatures/conditions that the Mavic Mini does.

And I suppose why were the two tests not done with these problematic props instead of putting unnecessary pressure to flatten them or jumping up and down on them.

It's funny, two people who don't know each other. Had no clue others were doing the same testing, on separate forums had the same idea to do testing to see if messing with the props could provoke an UD. Seems really suspect that if there was no issue that people wouldn't of had to do any theory testing as to why these problems exist. Except we did, and they found the cause of UD, I found you can overwhelm the FC. I'm sorry the cause to you can be thrown out as being worthless and doesn't provide any actual information but you don't go on to say how we could, what tests we should do, how we could provide this information. I just see you going round and round forcing your opinion on other people and anyone who thinks outside the box is inherently wrong.

I have nothing to prove, I don't have an agenda, not forcing my thoughts  onto anyone. I don't work for DJI, I don't honestly care after all of  this, but I was curious and went through the trouble and effort to test  because I wasn't getting answers here. Call my testing rubbish but I've  learned a lot about the mini, I would like to think that all this  discussion has helped DJI to see what's going on but that's fruitful  thinking at this point.

2020-5-8
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 10:51
Mine too, and probably that is true for the vast majority of MM owners out there.

But it's undeniable that MM props are a bit of a hit-or-miss, and these tests (SAR104 on MavicPilots, ABeardedItalian & others here) prove beyond doubt that there are indeed bad props around, and they cause Motor Error warnings and uncommanded descents. They also show quite clearly that these "bad props" are not obviously deformed or damaged: the visible differences are minimal, but that's enough to cause problems. The increase in RPMs is real, tangible and measurable.

...agree, but I bet u a beer or 2 that if u gimme those bad props...they will run just fine on my machine...

...let's do this...ok..?

...me sure bad batch factory/motors...scientists, ur opinion here?

2020-5-8
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 15:07

I will patiently respond, even if you frankly don't deserve it, as you turn every frikking discussion into a battle of words. Look around, it's always you at the center of this. Maybe that's why you do it, this forum is "your thing", and you feel the urge to pi$$ on every corner. Know what? After a while, it gets repetitive, and all you're left with, it's the bad smell.

[...] you tried this with the pitch on the mini until Abearditallian proved your theory wrong on that one
If you're referring to the side conversation about front-rear bias in forward flight, which stemmed from his thread, he just asked to take the discussion somewhere else. Which we did, had a good conversation, and came to some good conclusions.

If props are so problematic why have we not seen this on other dji craft
Maybe - just a hint - because other DJI drones don't run similarly thin props?

So can you just explain how all these flapping props found their way on to one motor ?Why are there no flapping props on the front motors ?
No, I cannot explain that. Rear motors on the MM  appear to spin slightly faster than front, even in a hover and despite the MM having a bit more weight upfront. Rear-Left and Front-Right also seem to spin a bit faster than the other diagonal, for whatever reason. That's maybe why we see more warnings on the Rear-Left. Another possibility: DJI might have individual thresholds for the 4 motors, and maybe they mistakenly set the Rear-Left lower than the others. Whatever the reason, changing the prop with a new one fixes the problem, which tell you that the old prop was not performing like it should.
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 16:40
I will patiently respond, even if you frankly don't deserve it, as you turn every frikking discussion into a battle of words. Look around, it's always you at the center of this. Maybe that's why you do it, this forum is "your thing", and you feel the urge to pi$$ on every corner. Know what? After a while, it gets repetitive, and all you're left with, it's the bad smell.

[...] you tried this with the pitch on the mini until Abearditallian proved your theory wrong on that one

Again everything to say this is all about props, because it suits your argument.
I will just say two things updating FW on assistant also fixes warning and changing prop from one motor to another also fixes problem, and if you’re correct we should be seeing many who took these two options drone falling from the sky, and if they don’t does that disprove your nonsense of only bad prop is left rear.

Your now making up more rubbish to suit what you’re trying to foist on this argument, now your saying all motors have different thresholds, just I might add to accommodate your argument.

I think you’re totally wrong to think this was nothing but an invisible prop problem, but it goes hand in hand with your other wayward thoughts .

And what I was saying about ABEARDEDITALLIAN was he hacked his drone to test if increasing the pitch would lead to faster safer flight for mini, low and behold it proved just the opposite of what you had been touting for months here, so the complete blinkered attitude seems to follow you about.

Fly safe.
2020-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 11:53

Chalk it up to - Dis-information campaign for Personal gains.   
2020-5-8
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 16:58
Again everything to say this is all about props, because it suits your argument.
I will just say two things updating FW on assistant also fixes warning and changing prop from one motor to another also fixes problem, and if you’re correct we should be seeing many who took these two options drone falling from the sky, and if they don’t does that disprove your nonsense of only bad prop is left rear.

Or maybe because all evidence, which you selectively ignore, points to that...

And what I was saying about ABEARDEDITALLIAN was he hacked his drone to test if increasing the pitch would lead to faster safer flight for mini, low and behold it proved just the opposite of what you had been touting for months here, so the complete blinkered attitude seems to follow you about.
He can confirm directly but I believe his tests were about increasing the MM tilt beyond S-Mode levels (30 degrees). What I have been "touting for months" (???) is simply for RTH to be able to go to S-Mode speed, or at least something more than P-Mode.. I fail to see the connection with what we're discussing, but I'm sure everything is crystal clear in your mind.
2020-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Be informative if those who say it can't be this, can't be that, can't be other; could put forth an explanation as to what it could be.

What is known...  
DJI changed FW to identify a motor spinning excessively faster than other motors.

Motor with a good prop spinning excessively faster than other motors would have excessive thrust.  Resulting in upward pitch for that motor arm.  Drone's IMU would compensate by telling ESC for motor to slow down.  That is not happening.

What is happening is motor is continuing to spin excessively faster than other motors.  Pointing to motor spinning a prop with either one blade or both blades flattened (less pitch).  Aka bad blade or bad blades.
2020-5-8
Use props
BlueYonder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58842 ft
United States

Same issue here after firmware update. Rear left prop replaced. Issue remains. What a waste of perfectly good propellers.
2020-5-8
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

BlueYonder Posted at 5-8 19:47
Same issue here after firmware update. Rear left prop replaced. Issue remains. What a waste of perfectly good propellers.

Did you refresh the FW via DJI Assistant? Some reported this made the warning go away. Also did you  replace the props with brand new ones? If yes to both questions and the warning is still there, you might want to try what's described in this thread and post there your results.
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 5-8 17:19
Or maybe because all evidence, which you selectively ignore, points to that...

You evidence:

1/ we have invisibly damaged props (not possible to show any evidence)
2/ they are all on badly set motor left rear (can’t be a problem with motor, has to be prop)
3/ all 3 other props are fine ( no warnings)
4/ tests were carried out   ( but made sure used 4 physically damaged props)

Above is all the proof you have.
1/ something you concocted as the proof you offer has now been shown to be useless and by simply refreshing FW gets rid a any warning, and warning doesn’t come back as well as other fixes.
2/ to get all bad batch of props on one motor would be more difficult than collating the winning numbers for the lottery.
3/ refer to massive coincidence above
4/ Tests only proved that if you damage all 4 props you will have problems, they showed absolutely nothing else.

The evidence it’s not props.
New FW without the vast majority of people not changing props, dji advising to change only visibly damaged props unless can’t be repaired.
But most proof so far, All drop outs seem to have ceased.

You don’t show any proof and never had, you latched on to a ridiculous notion that props were invisibly damaged but couldn’t show any proof, you latched on to tests that showed problems when all props were physically damaged, but claim that only one prop caused the uncontrolled descents.
You became blinkered and refused to think something other than props or as well as props could be the problem. You are now left with trying to explain where have all these bad props gone, surely if there on the craft they have to be causing craft to uncontrollably descend but it’s not happening and you have no explanation except you don’t know. Well I believe you also don’t know about invisibly damaged props, but you still tout it.

2020-5-8
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 23:59
You evidence:

The error occurring on RL motor only is not true. Rob2160 on mavicpilots forum had error on RL. He then swapped the props from RL to FR and got the error on the FR motor after a 3rd flight. You are the one blinded by your certainties. Link: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/post-983094
2020-5-9
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 23:59
You evidence:

4 props or 4 pairs? In my tests only the rear or props were damaged, front props were "new" replacement's.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 00:24
The error occurring on RL motor only is not true. Rob2160 on mavicpilots forum had error on RL. He then swapped the props from RL to FR and got the error on the FR motor after a 3rd flight. You are the one blinded by your certainties. Link: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/post-983094

He said he got we didn’t see it you’ve been touting this for over a week now.
If you’re so certain can you tell me why those who haven’t changed props are flying fine , I think it’s clear it’s you who are blinkered.
I believe there have been damaged props I also believe that new FW brought optimizations with it to improve all round flight improvements, I’m not blinkered like you to think only invisibly damaged props ended up on one single motor. Do you believe those above who refreshed FW and never changed props and received no warnings are somehow lying.
2020-5-9
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 00:55
He said he got we didn’t see it you’ve been touting this for over a week now.
If you’re so certain can you tell me why those who haven’t changed props are flying fine , I think it’s clear it’s you who are blinkered.
I believe there have been damaged props I also believe that new FW brought optimizations with it to improve all round flight improvements, I’m not blinkered like you to think only invisibly damaged props ended up on one single motor. Do you believe those above who refreshed FW and never changed props and received no warnings are somehow lying.

OK so Rob2160 lied, al those with brand new MM lied and those who published their.DAT files doctored them. You are the only one to see the light. In that case indeed there is nothing to add.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 00:24
The error occurring on RL motor only is not true. Rob2160 on mavicpilots forum had error on RL. He then swapped the props from RL to FR and got the error on the FR motor after a 3rd flight. You are the one blinded by your certainties. Link: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/post-983094

I don’t have any certainty and I’ve repeated that, but to many people saying invisibly damaged props who are certain without proof that this is the case obviously includes yourself.
What I have is experience in knowing how to examine props and knowing how to look for defects as well as knowing how craft fly.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 00:58
OK so Rob2160 lied, al those with brand new MM lied and those who published their.DAT files doctored them. You are the only one to see the light. In that case indeed there is nothing to add.

So you look at one case and decide that’s the way it is. Have you completely ignored those here who have posted that they refreshed FW and those who just swapped props, are you calling them liars. Those who totally believe their props were working fine are these liars. Does your one single person on Mavic pilots prove all others wrong, or do you think you found the holy grail. I’ve been around here to long to not realize that when someone has some real information like that, video 9 times out of 10 is posted.
2020-5-9
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 01:00
I don’t have any certainty and I’ve repeated that, but to many people saying invisibly damaged props who are certain without proof that this is the case obviously includes yourself.
What I have is experience in knowing how to examine props and knowing how to look for defects as well as knowing how craft fly.

You should refrain from personal attacks, it makes you look bad. By the way, what Rob2160 reported goes in YOUR direction of bad props, so you should be OK with his statement no? The problem is why do new MM owners report this? If this is true then new props may be out of specs.
2020-5-9
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-24 05:15
Even brand new props can have imperfections, try switching the props to a different motor and see if the error comes back. If it comes back on the new motor then you have your answer that your brand new props have defects.

I had the same error to and it is always the left rear propellor. I changed the front with the rear propellor and get the samen error again and again on the rear left propellor. I think this is a firmware bug. There is nothing wrong with the propellor. I hope DJI can check the firmware and update it as soon as possible.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 01:11
You should refrain from personal attacks, it makes you look bad. By the way, what Rob2160 reported goes in YOUR direction of bad props, so you should be OK with his statement no? The problem is why do new MM owners report this? If this is true then new props may be out of specs.

First off when you accuse me of personal attack you need to show it. I didn’t personally attack you.

It’s not new Mavic mini owners get warning it’s many older ones also, and most of it caused by not updating fully or correctly which is a regular occurrence on every new FW .

Props out of specs , what does that even mean, does it explain why simply updating FW warning goes away and does it explain why swapping over prop warning goes away.

I know exactly what goes on on these forums I'm a member of MP and it’s easy to see those who want to stir the pot until they’re asked to post the proof of what they are saying and if you don’t get the proof you are entitled to be skeptical. What you posted has only been posted once between two forums yet you take it as gospel, but deny what you read here of which they’re many that disprove badly spec props as you put it.
2020-5-9
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 01:26
First off when you accuse me of personal attack you need to show it. I didn’t personally attack you.

It’s not new Mavic mini owners get warning it’s many older ones also, and most of it caused by not updating fully or correctly which is a regular occurrence on every new FW .

Well DJI statement is clear: this error message indicates the prop needs replacing. They even emphasize about storage, so that there is no bending or flattening of the props in the case. Are you saying they are lying too?
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 01:37
Well DJI statement is clear: this error message indicates the prop needs replacing. They even emphasize about storage, so that there is no bending or flattening of the props in the case. Are you saying they are lying too?

Again I will say the only liar here now is you.

What dji said was to check prop for damage obviously has to be visible (which has been my point all along) repair if possible and obviously change if not.
Now that’s what dji say, I’m certain dji would never mention check for damage or repair if possible, if they suspected or knew props had invisible damage, I mean why throw that into the mix if the problem is as you’re now touting invisibly bad prop, and maybe you can still answer how it came to be on only one motor LR ?
2020-5-9
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 01:44
Again I will say the only liar here now is you.

What dji said was to check prop for damage obviously has to be visible (which has been my point all along) repair if possible and obviously change if not.

No personal attacks, riight. So what is the guidance for those with error and do not see visible damage? What is damage for you? A chip? DJI mentions storage as a problem, hence implicitely the flattening of props.
2020-5-9
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

Just an observation. I store my brand new Mini in  my old Mini's fly combo case and I got the motor error several times. Then I left my drone unfolded outside the box overnight and the following day i didnt get the error. Now I am very vigilant when i put the drone in the box. Made few hours at the seaside, no error so far.
2020-5-9
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

Dr. Alex Posted at 5-9 01:56
Just an observation. I store my brand new Mini in  my old Mini's fly combo case and I got the motor error several times. Then I left my drone unfolded outside the box overnight and the following day i didnt get the error. Now I am very vigilant when i put the drone in the box. Made few hours at the seaside, no error so far.

Would you say that you saw visible damage while having the error?
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 01:49
No personal attacks, riight. So what is the guidance for those with error and do not see visible damage? What is damage for you? A chip? DJI mentions storage as a problem, hence implicitely the flattening of props.

There is no guidance , flattening props is visible and it’s something almost all experience flyers will know to look for, invisible cannot be seen , if it was me I probably would change the prop, but in no way would be happy to change and those who didn’t all the can say is everything is going ok.

This subject is about what was the cause of sudden drop outs of drones and uncontrolled descents. It’s been over 3 weeks since we have seen any reported, before this there were many. So what fixed it, well the only thing to change for everyone was FW, not invisible props not everyone changing props, in fact most new purchases didn’t change props, so props didn’t change for everyone. So one common denominator being totally ignored by you and others is no uncontrolled descents (so far) and only one change made by everyone updating FW, and I know some didn’t but even they’re not having invisible prop problem.

A very easy test would be if you have this prop problem, switch the prop and hover your craft minimum height see if it unduly effects craft see if it causes craft to lower and report findings.
We are now aware that all minis could only have Max one bad prop so this prop noted for its invisible traits by motor should seriously badly  effect on your drone, if it doesn’t then just maybe you might realize that more than prop warning was brought to bare on your drone in last FW. Everybody also ignored battery update which also could be a factor.
2020-5-9
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

zeb_ Posted at 5-9 02:05
Would you say that you saw visible damage while having the error?

I do not know if this is related to the debate.I have Mini's rear propellers at this different height.1 hour fly with the original propellers.No error messages. Fly well.Does the left side of the normal position? Sorry bad english google translate.
2020-5-9
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Your rear propellers looks strange, they are at different levels. I checked mine and it look perfectly identical at the same level
IMG_20200509_154929.jpg
IMG_20200509_154828.jpg
2020-5-9
Use props
Romeo46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140581 ft
Cyprus

Hello fellow mini pilots,
I have created this account to share with you my experience since I have seen a lot of worried users (including myself).
I have had updated my mini to 1.00.500 from my Samsung S7 edge and went to the roof of my building for a fly test.
Soon I came across the motor speed error that everybody had.
my error was coming from the rear left motor as well.
the drone was 2-3 weeks old, running the original propellers it came with,
was never crashed and always stored in the DJI case that came with the fly more combo.
propellers were always placed carefully folded in the box.
Brought the drone down and as soon as I did that the I got a message with battery update.
completed the update and restarted drone.
the error was gone.
gave the drone another try and after around flying in Sport mode the same motor speed error came back.

Here I will explain what I did an now have no issues.
1. Used DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and did a downgrade to 1.00.400
2. Did a test indoor flight with the crash guards on. Had no issues.
3. Used DJI Assistant again and updated drone to 1.00.500

At this point wanted to test outside but decided not to launch the mini from the roof but rather from ground level so in case something goes wrong at least is at a lower altitude.
Took with me a new set of propellers and tools needed.
I was planning if I get error first to swap rear left with front right and see if problem moves to front before replacing with new propellers.
In that way I could identify if there is a problem with the motor or the propellers are damaged or bent from storage ?
Flew the first and second battery one after the other.
Sport mode abuse with winds of 20 km/h and gusts of 35 km/h.
Absolutely no problem.
No stability issues or weird noises whatsoever.

I don't know if this will fix everyone's issue with new update but I hope that sharing with you helps!

2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Romeo46 Posted at 5-9 05:21
Hello fellow mini pilots,
I have created this account to share with you my experience since I have seen a lot of worried users (including myself).
I have had updated my mini to 1.00.500 from my Samsung S7 edge and went to the roof of my building for a fly test.

Interesting particularly with battery, I’m glad it’s working out well for you, thanks for posting.
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules