59492 977 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It must be a firmware failure, all the propellers of many users cannot be broken suddenly ..    IMO
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-25 09:17
It must be a firmware failure, all the propellers of many users cannot be broken suddenly ..    IMO

It seems both cases. Some re-upgrade the firmware and that fixes it. Others, have to go further and replace the props, and that fixes it.

Some users did have ESC errors in their logs previously, even if they did not see max power messages on their screens. This all started with uncommanded descents. Some users had the ESC errors in their logs, even if they never experienced an uncommanded descent. Maybe they were just an uncommanded descent waiting to happen.

It is just more confusing with the upgrade issues on top of it.
2020-4-25
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 08:36
No that's not what were saying at all, my mini updated and has been unaffected by these errors.

Some users are having this error and those that do refreshing fw or replacing the props on the indicated motor fix the issue.

So ALL who previously had the "uncommanded descents" issue now get a message that they should replace one or more propellers. This means that EVERYONE who has NOT had this error until now will not receive a message after the firmware update. But it sounded like it was the case with some ... everything ok before the update, then the instruction to change the propellers.
2020-4-25
Use props
xR0CK3R
New
Flight distance : 64016 ft
Poland

ProfCovfefe Posted at 4-25 07:29
Well I just noticed something. When replacing the props I noticed that the screws were a bit loose. After tightening them up the error was gone.

So update has made ur screws loose lmao
2020-4-25
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

xR0CK3R Posted at 4-25 10:00
So update has made ur screws loose lmao

Perhaps ... presumably the firmware update partially carried out a "hardware update".
Other theory ... someone wants to sell more propellers. In the next update maybe we can read "please change gimbal and camera" ;-)

2020-4-25
Use props
Jym
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398927 ft
United States

Something weird, I updated the firmware via iPhone app/RC and I am having the motor sensor error issue. I just downloaded DJI assistant for mavic on Mac and it recognized the firmware version but still gave the option to “upgrade” to the current version or downgrade to old ones. It’s like as if it didn’t think it had the current firmware. I just updated using the DJI assistant app and now it says “refresh” instead of “upgrade” next to the current version. I will take a couple flights today and see if it makes any difference. FWIW my props look totally fine, not a single mark or scratch, and even though it has the error I have not experienced even the slightest instability in the air.

Hoping updating on the computer helped, but I will see. Will post again later with findings.
2020-4-25
Use props
Jym
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398927 ft
United States

JetSam Posted at 4-25 09:17
It must be a firmware failure, all the propellers of many users cannot be broken suddenly ..    IMO

I fully agree. No way everyone’s rear left props became loose or damaged overnight.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansfdaa67c5
New
Austria

S O L V E D
As soon as you connect your mini with he DJI desktop app you’ll get a message that the firmware was not properly installed. Just reinstall and your problem might be solved.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansfdaa67c5
New
Austria

S O L V E D?
As soon as you connect your mini with he DJI desktop app you’ll get a message that the firmware was not properly installed. Just reinstall and your problem might be solved.
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

So ALL who previously had the "uncommanded descents" issue now get a message that they should replace one or more propellers. This means that EVERYONE who has NOT had this error until now will not receive a message after the firmware update. But it sounded like it was the case with some ... everything ok before the update, then the instruction to change the propellers.

Errr not exactly, the users who are getting this error are those effected. Just because a previous user has had an un commanded decent it doesn't necessarily mean that they will get the prop error. This is just another thing DJI remains silent about, we don't know if un commanded descents are the results of prop related issues or the not enough force errors.

At some point Dji realized that some drones were performing uncommanded descents (resulting in loss of the AC and cost to DJI)  because of max power messages and the max power messages were because of marginal propellers.

This is why I brought up the DJI Engineer comment, you're stuck on the max power issue being some how related to this. How do you know that has anything to do with this? It's a guess at best, and just like your guess many others have made there own as to why any of this is happening.

In 1.02 none of my logs showed max power/not enough force errors, on 1.03 my log is covered in them like a lot of users. On 1.04 the logs are gone, so why if I revert back to 1.02 or 1.04 and my logs are clean but if I'm running 1.03 I have full log of errors. We speculated that this was a firmware issue back then as well, the error not existing in 1.02, introduced in 1.03 and while it had it's legitimize reasons for existing a lot of other users had errors for no reason, 1.04 comes out and fixes this error reporting for those unaffected users.

Like you've said earlier these mini's could be "Waiting" disaster, I've modded mine before 1.05 to have 40° of pitch and flew hard and mine's still unaffected by these "un commanded" drops. I've changed only one set of props on my front left or right motor I forget atm but those are the only replaced props since getting my mini in December.

I could just have one of the lucky ones or how I store mine has prevented the prop issues, or who really knows but I'll continue to fly mine until I can't.

2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351969 ft
Greece

fansfdaa67c5 Posted at 4-25 10:27
S O L V E D?

NO... i  get this message then re update properly and today i have the same issue....
2020-4-25
Use props
DroneWiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1016857 ft

United States

Updated mine today using DJI Assistant and did not seen this error during a 20min flight. I should mention that I used to get the "insufficient power" warning and uncontrolled descents when I first got my Mini. I replaced the props and haven't had the issue since. I also keep my Mini stored in the Fly More case.
2020-4-25
Use props
Newbie Europe
lvl.2
Germany

It would be very helpful if the administrator could give us more information on this topic, if available.
2020-4-25
Use props
fans317ad80d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10617 ft
Switzerland

I have the same Problem after Firmware  update  v01.00.0500
2020-4-25
Use props
fans317ad80d
lvl.1
Switzerland

I have the same Problem
2020-4-25
Use props
fans317ad80d
lvl.1
Switzerland

2020-4-25
Use props
fans317ad80d
lvl.1
Switzerland

2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y Posted at 4-25 10:35
NO... i  get this message then re update properly and today i have the same issue....

You should probably change your props then. Reinstalling seems to help some, but not all. Installing new props seems to do the trick.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans317ad80d Posted at 4-25 11:17
I have the same Problem

Try reinstalling with DJI Assistant. If that doesn't work, install new props. Keep us updated.
2020-4-25
Use props
xR0CK3R
New
Flight distance : 64016 ft
Poland

Ok i just fixed that. Just connect your MM to DJI assistant 2. download previous patch and then install lastest. Atleast it worked for me
2020-4-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally got the time to fly my backup Mini #2 today. It was the first to get the firmware update. It flew fine in a lot of wind with no error messages. And this one definitely has some banged up props!

And by the way, it was updated via the app, not the Assistant although I did verify the installation was correct by using the Assistant.

Also, I have never stored either Mini and rarely even fold them up.

Update: Mini #1 f/w update went fine by using the Assistant program. I had no error messages on this one either even with brisk winds.

2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

I did some range tests from my backyard after the upgrade. Original props, no issues. Wasn't very windy. Getting about 700 m which is pretty good considering I am surrounded by houses, a wall and trees. Got RTH 3 times, canceled and went in another direction.

2020-4-25
Use props
kllzslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43730 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all,

I had the same issue today. My Mini is 2 weeks old and flow only once for 20 minutes with the .400 firmware without any crash. I stored the Mini in the fly more combo case, but always take care the props.
Today I decide to upgrade with PC. After the upgrade I had the error. I realised the Mini is moving back about 20 cm when I taking off inside and outside also. I didn't think that the props damaged, so I downgraded back to .400. No error message, but still moving back when taking off. Upgraded again to .500, error message appeared again... Next step I changed the rear props on both side to brand new ones. The Mini is take off smoothly and no error message in my room. Tomorrow I going out again to try, but not putting back to the case tonight.
So at the moment it looks like the problem is the FMC case damaging the rear props for me.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

kllzslt Posted at 4-25 12:17
Hello all,

I had the same issue today. My Mini is 2 weeks old and flow only once for 20 minutes with the .400 firmware without any crash. I stored the Mini in the fly more combo case, but always take care the props.

The props were probably bad from the get go. I have stored my mini in the case and never had an issue. I haven't seen any evidence that the case is doing anything to the props. Some props are just bad, and you can't see the defect. That is what we seem to know. Props have to be shaped just right to provide the performance the drone expects. It doesn't take a lot of deviation to put them out of spec.
2020-4-25
Use props
kllzslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43730 ft
United Kingdom

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 12:25
The props were probably bad from the get go. I have stored my mini in the case and never had an issue. I haven't seen any evidence that the case is doing anything to the props. Some props are just bad, and you can't see the defect. That is what we seem to know. Props have to be shaped just right to provide the performance the drone expects. It doesn't take a lot of deviation to put them out of spec.

If tomorrow working fine outside, I will try store in the case and will see...
2020-4-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

kllzslt Posted at 4-25 12:17
Hello all,

I had the same issue today. My Mini is 2 weeks old and flow only once for 20 minutes with the .400 firmware without any crash. I stored the Mini in the fly more combo case, but always take care the props.

Nice job to narrow the cause.

This must be some kind of coding error. How else could it affect only one of the motors and always the same one of four? Obviously this section of the code is new as this anomoly never appeared like this before and downgrading removes the error. New code needs debugging. We are evidently beta testers.

Another possibility is that the indicator for this (left rear) is pertaining to all/any motors.

2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 13:39
Here is my take on it, and I have only had my MM for 2 weeks and haven't had the misfortune of experiencing this issue...

1. These drones (the other models as well) rely solely on their motors and props and the condition of the props is very important.

#3 is not correct, Mavic minis have been descending on their own since it was released, so last FW had nothing to do with the problem.

Storing drone in combo case has nothing to do with problem and although to many have had problems many many more have not, I have mini since day 1 and I never had this problem as most people have not.
I’ve read almost everything on this thread from the sublime to the ridiculous. Yesterday I updated FW and everything was fine even improved and more steady flight, no warnings about props.
Today I changed left back prop purposely putting on wrong prop for back left motor and started up hovered at 6 feet for about half a minute and got the warning about prop and to land and change, so I’m certainly convinced this is about the wrong props being placed on the wrong motors.

All Mavic mini arrive to customers with props on , so it’s my contention that a lot of these props were put on wrong unknown to customers and with no previous warnings almost impossible to know. But a while back one user having problems decided he would change his props obviously now putting on new props correctly and solved his issues and many followed suit confirming props where at fault. But it wasn’t bad props flat props props with some wear and tear props that were two weeks or two months old, it was props wrongly fitted and not checked correctly before leaving factory.

All dji drones except mini have a foolproof method of fitting, not sure why they didn’t have this on the mini but they didn’t, so be careful and follow correct instructions for fitting your props.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 14:04
#3 is not correct, Mavic minis have been descending on their own since it was released, so last FW had nothing to do with the problem.

Storing drone in combo case has nothing to do with problem and although to many have had problems many many more have not, I have mini since day 1 and I never had this problem as most people have not.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Until this last release (500) it was the FW that instigated the uncommanded descent. And yes, that means since they came out. This last release (500) changed that behavior.
But your second statement is interesting. You suspect that the props were simply not paired correctly? Since there is only two ways to combine each side, then that could explain why switching them also works.

2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 14:13
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Until this last release (500) it was the FW that instigated the uncommanded descent. And yes, that means since they came out. This last release (500) changed that behavior.
But your second statement is interesting. You suspect that the props were simply not paired correctly? Since there is only two ways to combine each side, then that could explain why switching them also works.

That’s exactly what was happening with props, I’m not sure if dji changed optimizations of the craft but I can say since .500 for me it’s flying better and I wasn’t having any problems before FW update, I hope it has sorted craft descending on its own , we shall see over the next couple of weeks.
Forgive me if I took you up wrong.
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 14:04

There's only 2 types of props, they are clearly marked, your theory about them being installed incorrectly from DJI makes zero sense. Nobody reported to have received a MM from DJI with the wrong props, and people would definitely notice something so obvious, when prompted to replace them.

2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 14:39
There's only 2 types of props, they are clearly marked, your theory about them being installed incorrectly from DJI makes zero sense. Nobody reported to have received a MM from DJI with the wrong props, and people would definitely notice something so obvious, when prompted to replace them.
Besides, the only way to mount a CCW prop on a CW motor (and viceversa) and still have them to generate lift in the right direction, is to mount them upside down, with the markings on the bottom.

I don't think he meant CCW and CW mixed up. The two blades for each prop are paired and you are not supposed to mix them. When you open each package, you are supposed to put the two blades on one motor.
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 14:45
I don't think he meant CCW and CW mixed up. The two blades for each prop are paired and you are not supposed to mix them. When you open each package, you are supposed to put the two blades on one motor.

Let's see what Hallmark responds, he said "purposely putting wrong prop for back left motor", so I read it as if he installed the incorrect prop for that corner (CW vs CCW). If he meant "mismatched", then I apologize, it's actually a possibility.
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 08:49
Seriously? For a few bad props (if they are even bad) you expect them to replace all the props? Why? Why not just deal with the issues on a case by case basis as they have been, under warranty, and make design changes, as they have been? That is how Chevy, Dodge and Ford do it. After a warranty repair, they don't then go and replace that same part on everyone's car. That is absurd.

Recall....Warranty....same same but different.

Yes...seems it's a Firmware issue using phone app.

Please use DJI Assistant to update firmware.
2020-4-25
Use props
jr_pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3706319 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Attention ... after the update I had the same reported problems of ESC and ONLY I changed the pair of rear propellers .... RIGHT IN THE BULL'S - EYE working perfectly.  In my opinion, the propellers are very sensitive and even the storage in the case has caused small deformations.  I suggest trying to do this for now.
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 14:39
There's only 2 types of props, they are clearly marked, your theory about them being installed incorrectly from DJI makes zero sense. Nobody reported to have received a MM from DJI with the wrong props, and people would definitely notice something so obvious, when prompted to replace them.
Besides, the only way to mount a CCW prop on a CW motor (and viceversa) and still have them to generate lift in the right direction, is to mount them upside down, with the markings on the bottom.

I’d hold your horses there, I did mean mismatched props, and how do you know everyone would notice this? After all mini was out for months and still many many users did not notice this warning in the manual, maybe you can tell us how you’re so sure that all users have checked their props were put on correctly.
You say they are clearly marked one has two stripes other has one stripes and they are approximately 2.5mm wide they are not like other foolproof props on other dji drones.
I said I purposely put on mixed or wrong prop,

2020-4-25
Use props
Mandooow
New
Flight distance : 10840 ft
Netherlands

It's a firmware problem for shure. After i download the new firmware the speed problem begins. Rear left. DJI ---> fix this problem. Maybe you can put back the last software grrrr
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Mandooow Posted at 4-25 16:03
It's a firmware problem for shure. After i download the new firmware the speed problem begins. Rear left. DJI ---> fix this problem. Maybe you can put back the last software grrrr

Did you try updating with DJI Assistant?
2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 15:53
I’d hold your horses there, I did mean mismatched props, and how do you know everyone would notice this? After all mini was out for months and still many many users did not notice this warning in the manual, maybe you can tell us how you’re so sure that all users have checked their props were put on correctly.
You say they are clearly marked one has two stripes other has one stripes and they are approximately 2.5mm wide.
And your last point is totally off the charts as warning for props arrived with last FW.

Wow you seem to know everything. You should hold your horse too. Exchange of ideas, do you know what that means? Normally, it is done with respect and politeness. I hate people like you. Always expressing yourself disrespectfully. Let others express their ideas poor idiot. Readers will judge for themselves.
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 15:53
I’d hold your horses there, I did mean mismatched props, and how do you know everyone would notice this? After all mini was out for months and still many many users did not notice this warning in the manual, maybe you can tell us how you’re so sure that all users have checked their props were put on correctly.
You say they are clearly marked one has two stripes other has one stripes and they are approximately 2.5mm wide.
And your last point is totally off the charts as warning for props arrived with last FW.

Yes, sorry I misunderstood your post. You probably misunderstood mine too, as I'm fully aware that this Motor Error warning was introduced with the latest firmware.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand: your theory about mismatched props is very plausible, and would explain a lot of things. The stripes have nothing to do with it, though, as they simply identify which corner the props go on (CW or CCW). Matched pairs have the same raised markings (letter/number, like C3, F2, E3) on the leading edge, and those are very easy to miss. It would be interesting to ask those people who got the error and replaced the props, to check whether they were mismatched or not.

I do not understand why you completely rule out other theories, like improper storage flattening the rear props, or bad batches of props.  Both seem very plausible.
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JGFly Posted at 4-25 16:29
Wow you seem to know everything. You should hold your horse too. Exchange of ideas, do you know what that means? Normally, it is done with respect and politeness. I hate people like you. Always expressing yourself disrespectfully. Let others express their ideas poor idiot. Readers will judge for themselves.

I think it’s you who is the idiot here, maybe read the post I replied to before opening your big mouth and calling others idiots.
You really have added to the debate, it’s interfering fools like yourself that keep putting their foot in their big mouth that leads to negative discourse here.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules