Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MOTOR SPEED ERROR AFTER 04/2020 FIRMWARE
59364 977 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

JGFly Posted at 4-25 16:29
Wow you seem to know everything. You should hold your horse too. Exchange of ideas, do you know what that means? Normally, it is done with respect and politeness. I hate people like you. Always expressing yourself disrespectfully. Let others express their ideas poor idiot. Readers will judge for themselves.

No worries, I had a few exchanges with Hallmark and I have no problems answering back. In this case, I deserved a slap on my wrist, as my comment was rather stupid. The guy means no harm, it's just his style.
2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 16:38
Yes, sorry I misunderstood your post. You probably misunderstood mine too, as I'm fully aware that this Motor Error warning was introduced with the latest firmware.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand: your theory about mismatched props is very plausible, and would explain a lot of things. The stripes have nothing to do with it, though, as they simply identify which corner the props go on (CW or CCW). Matched pairs have the same raised markings (letter/number, like C3, F2, E3) on the leading edge, and those are very easy to miss. It would be interesting to ask those people who got the error and replaced the props, to check whether they were mismatched or not.

Very good example of a constructive exchange. I like that and you halmark, what do you think ?
2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 16:41
I think it’s you who is the idiot here, maybe read the post I replied to before opening your big mouth and calling others idiots.
You really have added to the debate, it’s interfering fools like yourself that keep putting their foot in their big mouth that leads to negative discourse here.

I never said that you were not right, it is the way of expressing yourself that is pitiful
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Another range test past a mile this time and in strong winds. No issues, original props. I had a strong signal all the way out past 1700 meters, probably could have gone past 2000, but I chickened out.

Case.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 16:43
No worries, I had a few exchanges with Hallmark and I have no problems answering back. In this case, I deserved a slap on my wrist, as my comment was rather stupid. The guy means no harm, it's just his style.

OK then, I take note

Thanks!
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 16:38
Yes, sorry I misunderstood your post. You probably misunderstood mine too, as I'm fully aware that this Motor Error warning was introduced with the latest firmware.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand: your theory about mismatched props is very plausible, and would explain a lot of things. The stripes have nothing to do with it, though, as they simply identify which corner the props go on (CW or CCW). Matched pairs have the same raised markings (letter/number, like C3, F2, E3) on the leading edge, and those are very easy to miss. It would be interesting to ask those people who got the error and replaced the props, to check whether they were mismatched or not.

Well I read that storing in the combo bag was the cause, yet I still have my props on since I got the drone and they’re fine, there is a photo of a flat prop doing the rounds here so I decided to put a half prop under a 5kg steel block for two days and when I removed it the prop was almost the same as when I put it under the block and I did it because I couldn’t believe that this flat prop could end up exactly level I mean it just looked so staged , there is a Chinese video on YT I’ve looked but I can’t find it but the video is basically about seeing how much abuse mini will take, but at one stage they cut the ends of two of the props and the mini flew fine.
I know the props are fine but looked after I don’t think they will wear out every couple of months, I have a set of props on an orignal Mavic pro 4 years they’re fine.

I’ve been flying dji drones a long time now, I have never seen or come across a bad batch of props, I may have come across a new prop with a scratch or chip out it but that’s about it.

Also since using dji drones, Mavic mini was the only drone I’ve bought that came with props fixed on .
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JGFly Posted at 4-25 16:46
I never said that you were not right, it is the way of expressing yourself that is pitiful

You mean like you calling people idiots, that makes sense, I’ll mind my P’s & Q’s anymore I’m around the school teacher.
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 16:54
Another range test past a mile this time and in strong winds. No issues, original props. I had a strong signal all the way out past 1700 meters, probably could have gone past 2000, but I chickened out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vafJ0k7LVgk

Good job .......
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_bqS0clnvJDvO
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem installing the firmware from Android. I solved it by reinstalling from the PC with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic. Problem solved. I hope it's useful for you.
2020-4-25
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 08:02
Don't know what to say. We know that you can replace the props and it fixes the issue. We know that some have fixed it by reupgrading the firmware using DJI Assistant. Were you able to connect your MM to you Mac and use DJI Assistant? I would really do that first and then change the props.

As far as visually. It has been known for some time that you cannot see the differences usually.

No, I can't use DJI Assistant, I dunno why, it doesn't recognize my mavic mini under my macOS 10.13.6...

Today I flew my entire 3 batteries and at the first I got the message asking me to change the props.

The other 2 flights (20 minutes each one) I got no messages at al...

So, I'm not worrying anymore about the message, just flying and shoting amazing sunsets from my window... tomorrow I'll share with you guys.

Soon,

Seu Pereira
2020-4-25
Use props
fansf14acd6d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1147835 ft
Canada

Bonjour est ce que je devrais attendre pour télécharger la nouvelle mise à jour merci
2020-4-25
Use props
fans82bc367e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28048 ft
United States

To everyone that said to reinstall the update with DJI Assistant; Thank You. I plugged in my MM and it showed I had the current update but also said there were components that needed to be updated. Reinstalled without changing props and all is good. Sport Mode goes fast and Cinema goes slow.
THANK YOU
2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 17:05
Well I read that storing in the combo bag was the cause, yet I still have my props on since I got the drone and they’re fine, there is a photo of a flat prop doing the rounds here so I decided to put a half prop under a 5kg steel block for two days and when I removed it the prop was almost the same as when I put it under the block and I did it because I couldn’t believe that this flat prop could end up exactly level I mean it just looked so staged , there is a Chinese video on YT I’ve looked but I can’t find it but the video is basically about seeing how much abuse mini will take, but at one stage they cut the ends of two of the props and the mini flew fine.
I know the props are fine but looked after I don’t think they will wear out every couple of months, I have a set of props on an orignal Mavic pro 4 years they’re fine.

Your theory about mismatched props would be quite simple to prove, let's ask everyone who reports a Motor Error warning to check the little markings, and see if they are not the same.

Actually, let's start here: IF ANYONE IS READING THIS POST AND ALREADY EXPERIENCED THE ERROR, PLEASE CHECK THE RAISED MARKINGS ON THE OFFENDING PROPS, AND SEE IF THEY MATCH. LOOK FOR A LETTER-NUMBER COMBINATION LIKE E3, C3, F3, AND SEE IF BOTH HALF PROPS ARE THE SAME.

There is one contradiction in what you say, though: you don't believe the "flat prop" story because you think the MM can compensate for it (to some degree, of course), but at the same time you suggest that having just one half-prop slightly different from the other could be the cause of this Motor Error. The test you did seems to prove it. Not saying you're wrong, but if we accept that the MM is a bit "picky" in the prop department, then the "flat prop" theory has its merits.
2020-4-25
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No problems:
IMG_4679.JPG
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 4-25 21:49
Your theory about mismatched props would be quite simple to prove, let's ask everyone who reports a Motor Error warning to check the little markings, and see if they are not the same.

Actually, let's start here: IF ANYONE IS READING THIS POST AND ALREADY EXPERIENCED THE ERROR, PLEASE CHECK THE RAISED MARKINGS ON THE OFFENDING PROPS, AND SEE IF THEY MATCH. LOOK FOR A LETTER-NUMBER COMBINATION LIKE E3, C3, F3, AND SEE IF BOTH HALF PROPS ARE THE SAME.

My theory about the props could be right or wrong but that doesn’t mean that props were the total cause of craft deciding to just descend on its own, everything from barometres to flat props to sport mode to cold weather was blamed for descent, none proven, my theory about wrong props being put on by someone at dji or someone who clipped theirs in an accident and replaced with wrong mix is down to why we now have a warning regarding wrong or bad props, but if you read some of my posts you’d see I mentioned that dji would never admit to cause of craft dropping out of sky and it was likely that optimizations were improved something I have found noticeably with last FW update, but we won’t know until we see uncontrolled descending stopped and if it does we still won’t know for sure.
2020-4-26
Use props
kllzslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43730 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, after my post yesterday, (update, downgrade, update, new props) just went out and flew 25 minutes without any problems. So for me looks like the props were the problem. Maybe some people didn't do their job properly with the props 8n the factory. Now I continue to store the Mini in the FMC case and see what's going on with the next few days.
2020-4-26
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

No issues and my blades all match and there are only two sets. E4-4726-F (Left-Rear, Right-Front) and E1-4726-F (Right-Rear, Left-Front)
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_lRJKVuy38UVH
New

Bulgaria

Hello, one more reported issue. Again after the last update (which is really nice). No issues at all until last update which i made today. Tryed with reinstalling from pc - remains. After one of the restarts be beeping swiched to the right side. After another restart again on the left side. Carung case is the orriginal FMC case.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M
New
Hungary

I've got the same motor error after the update.
Then I tried to update again from my phone but only a flightsafe database update ws available.
I've updated the flightsafe database but after that I got this:

2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M
New
Hungary

djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M Posted at 4-26 02:23
Then I tried to update again from my phone but only a flightsafe database update ws available.

There is no update option in profile settings so I had to install DJI assintant 2 for Mavic to my laptop.
I refreshed the 0500 fw and I'll try it later today.
2020-4-26
Use props
Pacman01
New
Flight distance : 13261 ft
Ireland

I got this exact same error after firmware update. Mini was flying fine, used 2 batteries literally before update. Motor speed error occured mid flight coinciding with loss of RC connection. Error continued until landing.
2020-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M Posted at 4-26 02:23
Then I tried to update again from my phone but only a flightsafe database update ws available.

That’s likely to be a battery update, you were supposed to update all batteries with last FW.
2020-4-26
Use props
Boeing777
lvl.1
Canada

Hi everyone, I don't have a problem with the motor after the v1.05 firmware update, but there is another problem. After the v1.05 update, the aircraft became very slow in steering forward, backward, right and left. The maximum speed in sports mode is 2.5 m/second, in cinematic mode it almost does not fly. The vertical control remained the same as before update. Remote controller also was calibrated after installing firmware 1.05. To check if this is really a problem due to the firmware update, I was downgrade to the firmware v1.04. Everything worked fine as before! I again updated to fw v1.05 using Windows 10 software. And the problem persist again!
There is definitely something wrong with the 1.05 firmware. I'm back at 1.04 (it's very easy). I have been using my MM for less than just a week, I and I have not had any problems with a uncontrollable descent.
2020-4-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Do we know if the markings mean anything? This is what mine say for continuity.

Front L: C1 4276 F || Front R: F4 4726 F
Rear  L: F4 4726 F  || Rear  R: C1 4276 F
2020-4-26
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Boeing777 Posted at 4-26 03:02
Hi everyone, I don't have a problem with the motor after the v1.05 firmware update, but there is another problem. After the v1.05 update, the aircraft became very slow in steering forward, backward, right and left. The maximum speed in sports mode is 2.5 m/second, in cinematic mode it almost does not fly. The vertical control remained the same as before update. Remote controller also was calibrated after installing firmware 1.05. To check if this is really a problem due to the firmware update, I was downgrade to the firmware v1.04. Everything worked fine as before! I again updated to fw v1.05 using Windows 10 software. And the problem persist again!
There is definitely something wrong with the 1.05 firmware. I'm back at 1.04 (it's very easy). I have been using my MM for less than just a week, I and I have not had any problems with a uncontrollable descent.

That sounds more like the flysafe database issue. There is another thread here on that.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pacman01 Posted at 4-26 02:35
I got this exact same error after firmware update. Mini was flying fine, used 2 batteries literally before update. Motor speed error occured mid flight coinciding with loss of RC connection. Error continued until landing.

Exactly the same for me, loss of RC connection, engage RTH and warning about motor speed error all at 03m 01s in the log.

I landed let it sit for a second and took off again, the warning did not return. Assume it's triggered by a combination of certain inflight conditions and something in the new update
2020-4-26
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 14:04
#3 is not correct, Mavic minis have been descending on their own since it was released, so last FW had nothing to do with the problem.

Storing drone in combo case has nothing to do with problem and although to many have had problems many many more have not, I have mini since day 1 and I never had this problem as most people have not.

Hi, did you also test putting the wrong props in the front?

I mean, why is everybody getting rear props only problems?

Thx for input.
2020-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-26 03:22
Hi, did you also test putting the wrong props in the front?

I mean, why is everybody getting rear props only problems?

No I didn’t, I’m not so sure why, maybe when I get a chance I’ll test.
2020-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Boeing777 Posted at 4-26 03:02

I’d suggest you go do a refresh on dji assistant sounds like FW didn’t fully take.
2020-4-26
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've always use elasicated ties to hold the props together when placing in the combo case. I haven't had any errors since I bought this new on release day. Quick flight in the garden hasn't shown up any error after updating to 1.0.5 (via fly app ios) so just off to the park for a longer flight to check. I did quickly check assistant and got the "Some Modules Inconsistent" message so will report back.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M
New
Hungary

hallmark007 Posted at 4-26 03:28
I’d suggest you go do a refresh on dji assistant sounds like FW didn’t fully take.

After all the firmware refreshing fuss I got an error again.
Brand new Mini brand new rotors.

2020-4-26
Use props
clandrewtech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356752 ft
Canada

I have the same issue after updating fw yesterday.  New MM with only about an hour of flight time.  Worked fine just before update and now getting motor speed error on rear left motor.  Alway stored properly in MM mini case and no crashes.  All screws tight.  Way too many people are having the same issue for me to justify changing props as a fix.  Once DJI comes out with a patch for this issue they should give everybody free props for telling everybody to replace their props to fix their own issue.
2020-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M Posted at 4-26 03:35
After all the firmware refreshing fuss I got an error again.
Brand new Mini brand new rotors.
[view_image]

Remove the prop both half’s they probably are ok but don’t put them back on try a new set Do not mix and see if that fixes the problem, I would contact dji support report and insist they send replacement props to you, I would advise others to do the same.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M
New
Hungary

hallmark007 Posted at 4-26 04:03
Remove the prop both half’s they probably are ok but don’t put them back on try a new set Do not mix and see if that fixes the problem, I would contact dji support report and insist they send replacement props to you, I would advise others to do the same.

Went back to 0400 and no propeller error so far so I'm sure this is a bug from DJI.
2020-4-26
Use props
Boeing777
lvl.1
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-26 03:10
That sounds more like the flysafe database issue. There is another thread here on that.

Thanks! I will try again to update, I but, it seems  I have updated it,
I will read forum that you advised.
Yes, the voice of a robot warns me that I am in a restricted area, even though I am not there
2020-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_TK7MXSoeUe7M Posted at 4-26 04:14
Went back to 0400 and no propeller error so far so I'm sure this is a bug from DJI.

Maybe a moderator will come forward with an answer, unlikely though...
2020-4-26
Use props
nickerson
lvl.1
United States

First post, new Mavic Mini owner.

First flight with my MM resulted in the Motor Speed Error, fortunately I was just hovering and making small movements to become acclimated to the drone. I replaced left rear props with a set included in my Fly More combo and the error resolved.

This would lay credence to the issue being with the Fly More combo case being the culprit in deforming props as others have suggested. I'm going to connect with DJI support to see if at the very least I can get a prop replacement, but does anyone have suggestions for a more reliable case?
2020-4-26
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Further to my earlier post #190, just been out for a spin round the park (C,P & S modes) and no motor speed errors. This is after updating to fw1.0.5 via ios with the fly app (1.0.8) and also getting the "Firmware modules haven't installed correctly" error on plugging into ass24Mavic.
Someone mentioned it earlier about storing the MM in such a way that a prop becomes deformed and after dji have now made the motor error more sensitive, it's picking this up and requesting a prop change. Without any further evidence to the contrary, I think I have to agree with that statement. Apologies for not quoting the original poster.
2020-4-26
Use props
tomcatGR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434587 ft
Greece

Same issue here - first rear left, then rear right.

Some feedback/explanation from DJI would be much appreciated.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Finally I could test today flying outside with
the new firmware. No problem, everything works
perfectly!!

Also tested different fly modes,  all 3 work
how they should.
(same like on the first day, testing inside with all
3 batteries)

I did the update via android and dji fly app.
(Android 10 latest update + fly app latest version)
MM European

I had no issues doing the update, but just for
double check,  plugged it into dji assistant 2,
no errors was displayed!

I noticed today even much more stability.

Sorry for all the guy's having problems
and hope u get it fixed soon.

Saludos
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules