First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

120ccpm Posted at 4-26 15:00
Hi, I'd like to know:
- if you experienced the Motor Error warning
- if the 2 half-props at each corner have matching markings

- no, no error messages, only once after switching on (ESC) without starting the motors.
However, after unpacking I thought about stiffening the front arms, so I did it a little later. Only the shaky propellers give me a headache. The fit between the screw and propeller should have been done better here. Flies like my MPs...

- are same
2020-4-26
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

So, if I didnt miss any answer: All pople who REPLACED the left rear props, got the message away. All the people who only switched the props with another motor, still had it. And some didnt do anything and the message jumps from motor to another...   
Another fix was, to re-install the FW with DJI Assistant.

So if I didnt miss any answer, there was no case about replaced + message comes again.

Its fascinating how and why so many refuse todo anything and -> its a firmware bug

Also only people who have problems will come to such threads and write about it. Same with general update-thread.. You dont see people who had no problems jumping to the forums and such threads and writing "everything worked great".
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

thE29 Posted at 4-27 00:04
So, if I didnt miss any answer: All pople who REPLACED the left rear props, got the message away. All the people who only switched the props with another motor, still had it. And some didnt do anything and the message jumps from motor to another...   
Another fix was, to re-install the FW with DJI Assistant.

If this is a mass case of bad props on the same motor then DJI needs to advise what caused them all to get damaged.

If its the method of installing the firmware at fault then again, DJI need to give some info.

Seems very strange that both these 'fixes' are wildly different yet have claimed positive results for the same issue. My guess is a lot of people claiming to have fixed the issue will see it come back again.
2020-4-27
Use props
JanisS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 962382 ft
Latvia

go back to firmware v01.00.0400 and all issues dissapear. Very very dissapointed with DJI. Always thought of this company as leader in drones. Apperantly not...
2020-4-27
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 00:33
If this is a mass case of bad props on the same motor then DJI needs to advise what caused them all to get damaged.

If its the method of installing the firmware at fault then again, DJI need to give some info.

Hard to say if people are just lying to prove their point or if they are telling the truth..

I mean look at some answers "I went back to previous firmware and error is gone". Yeah, well this function didnt exist at the previous firmware..

But its a really good question, why its only the rear props. And most cases here only the left (there were some reports with right side).

My guess: it has something todo with the storage of the drone. Maybe the flymore-combo bag is even a bad idea for the props...

I was never happy, about HOW the mini is stored in the bag and how the props are just hanging/swinging around.

Is that different with other drones from DJI, where the arms are foldable?
And the next best thing is, that the DJI props holder doesnt even fit in the flymore-combo bag

2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JanisS Posted at 4-27 01:56
go back to firmware v01.00.0400 and all issues dissapear. Very very dissapointed with DJI. Always thought of this company as leader in drones. Apperantly not...

Who do you think the leader in drones is ? They’re many posts in this thread giving you an easy fix, take some good advice and your drone will be better than it ever was.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 02:30
Who do you think the leader in drones is ? They’re many posts in this thread giving you an easy fix, take some good advice and your drone will be better than it ever was.

So that could mean replacing the props every flight if it is the storage case damaging them? Doesn't seem like an easy fix.

If it was the method of firmware update causing the problem then a simple message from DJI would put everyone's mind at rest. Until then there is no confirmed fix IMHO
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 02:59
So that could mean replacing the props every flight if it is the storage case damaging them? Doesn't seem like an easy fix.

If it was the method of firmware update causing the problem then a simple message from DJI would put everyone's mind at rest. Until then there is no confirmed fix IMHO

No it doesn’t mean changing props every time, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, just take your time and try the advice being offered, you also have the option to contact a moderator here for help, it’s starting to sound like you’re just as happy to complain, people are trying to help here.
2020-4-27
Use props
1Bigmedic
New
Flight distance : 6273 ft
United States

I got the same motor error and like others it was my left rear motor. Changed all the props twice , and I do mean every last prop, and it still gave me the motor error message. I then got on the DJI assistant 2 for the Mavic Mini and uninstalled the firmware by reverting back to  v01.00.0400 and restarted my MIni and did a 20 minute flight, the motor error disappeared. I then rehooked my Mini back up to the computer and DJI assistant 2 and did my upgrade firmware to v01.00.0500, and since then I have done 2 20 minute flights with no error. I hope this helps, it has me.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 03:20
No it doesn’t mean changing props every time, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, just take your time and try the advice being offered, you also have the option to contact a moderator here for help, it’s starting to sound like you’re just as happy to complain, people are trying to help here.

Hi,

Not complaining at all,

Just trying to point out that there is no confirmed fix yet, at this stage we don't even know if its a software or hardware (or both) issue.

There's numerous comments stating 'just follow solutions given on here', as I mentioned above, nothing posted is a simple solution until DJI  confirms them.

There are many reports of people with brand new drones (mine included) with this as a reported issue after the FM update. If we all have to replace the brand new props it stands to reason we will have to replace the next set of brand new ones very quickly if we don't know what is damaging them (if that is even the case)
2020-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

1Bigmedic Posted at 4-27 03:31
I got the same motor error and like others it was my left rear motor. Changed all the props twice , and I do mean every last prop, and it still gave me the motor error message. I then got on the DJI assistant 2 for the Mavic Mini and uninstalled the firmware by reverting back to  v01.00.0400 and restarted my MIni and did a 20 minute flight, the motor error disappeared. I then rehooked my Mini back up to the computer and DJI assistant 2 and did my upgrade firmware to v01.00.0500, and since then I have done 2 20 minute flights with no error. I hope this helps, it has me.

It does help, enjoy and fly safe.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 02:59

There are a few very simple and logical steps to approach this problem.
Did you try all possible solutions?
It's a long thread but you'd be well advised to read...
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 03:42
There are a few very simple and logical steps to approach this problem.
Did you try all possible solutions?
It's a long thread but you'd be well advised to read...

I've been following it closely and read it several times.

In my case the reported error disappeared after I turned the drone off and on again, three flights later no issue (I'm expecting it to return and I'm very wary about flying it at the moment), I didn't replace the props, I've seen responses from others who have and still have the issue.

I will reinstall the firmware just as a precaution.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

thE29 Posted at 4-27 02:12
Hard to say if people are just lying to prove their point or if they are telling the truth..

I mean look at some answers "I went back to previous firmware and error is gone". Yeah, well this function didnt exist at the previous firmware..

The rear and front props have different geometries, look at the angles they make with the ground. That is probably why the issue shows up with the rear first. That also explains why switching front and rear props has worked as well. Why the left rear more, I don't know.

The main reason for the 2 steps of making sure the FW is upgraded and then if that doesn't work then replace the props, is that it fixes the error. We are not saying we know WHY, just that it fixes it, usually. That came just from watching a lot of users fix the issue. Those are the steps they took. Obviously, the DJI Assistant step should go first and replacing the props second.

There is no evidence (in all of the user cases) that storing the drone in the case caused this. Whatever the issue is with the props, they came that way from the factory.

I do believe that there is something marginally different with a handful of drones, probably with the props. Prior to this FW update, a handful of drones did exhibit the behavior of having max power errors and a handful of those did have uncommanded descents. All the rest had neither symptom. I do believe that this FW update was supposed to address this issue by not doing an uncommanded descent and instead warning the user of the troublesome prop(s). But then the update was botched so much, probably because it involved the drone, the RC and the batteries all at once, that a whole lot of users got the prop errors.

That last paragraph is all conjecture.
2020-4-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 03:33
Hi,

Not complaining at all,

Isn't it pretty self evident as to what the fix is? Even without official recognition of what to do, the community has figured it out. DJI has a sticky about ALL FW releases mentions that you might need to refresh your FW with DJI assistant because of a incomplete instillation's.

What you're describing is like getting a flat tire, you can fix it yourself and everyone around will offer to help you do that. Your looking to stand on hold with Ford for an hour to hear a representative tell you that Yes you can and should change your tire. Waiting for DJI to make an official statement on this is very unlikely, so you can wait around or try what the community has found to work and be off flying happy.

I understand that you think those who's errors have gone away might return and that this "fix" is more temporary then it is the solution but this is literately all we got.

DJI has made one post and it's another copy paste response saying to change props, we know from reports that the REAR LEFT is a Known problem. It's not just the fly more cases, it's how the drone is being stored is causing the Rear Left some unknown stress and has now been identified to be an issue with a lot of mini's.

It's crazy to me that people think this is a bug, this didn't exist in 1.04 so you will never get this error so it will look like the problem never existed. DJI KNOWS something is going on, they put out this error check for that very reason and now with the sudden flood of problem mini's they and us the consumers now see just how big of an issue the mini's have. Yes for it to be the same rear left over and over might seem like it's a bug, but what if really all those rear Left's ARE EFFECTED...
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 03:33
Hi,

Not complaining at all,

I hear what you are saying, but it doesn't stand to reason that we all will have to replace our props later. Why? Because most of us, including myself, have never seen the descents or the max power errors. Even after storing our drones in their cases and flying them for many hours and miles. The errors and the descents (prior to this FW update) wasn't a gradual thing. A handful had it and the rest didn't, even after some time. Either your drone was born with it or it wasn't.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-27 03:58
Isn't it pretty self evident as to what the fix is? Even without official recognition of what to do, the community has figured it out. DJI has a sticky about ALL FW releases mentions that you might need to refresh your FW with DJI assistant because of a incomplete instillation's.

What you're describing is like getting a flat tire, you can fix it yourself and everyone around will offer to help you do that. Your looking to stand on hold with Ford for an hour to hear a representative tell you that Yes you can and should change your tire. Waiting for DJI to make an official statement on this is very unlikely, so you can wait around or try what the community has found to work and be off flying happy.

"Isn't it pretty self evident as to what the fix is? "

Not really, as I noted, mine was 'fixed' by turning it off and on.

The update I did gave me a successful confirmation message, the advice from DJI seems to be use assistant if it didn't complete, which in my case it had.

I'll keep quiet now and just follow the thread to see how things progress
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Are all minis from same factory?

...am thinking, maybe some rear arms are slightly off specs thus making them more prone to these problems of uncommanded descents and rear prop errors.
Is there a clue in the serial # as from where they come from...?

2020-4-27
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-24 09:18
Know anyone who has a handheld tachometer?   
Which you could use to check speeds of each prop while MM is hovering.

There is no need for a handheld tachometer lol, why not just analyze the .DAT file like I did.

2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 4-27 04:42
There is no need for a handheld tachometer lol, why not just analyze the .DAT file like I did.

[view_image]

...nice....rear-left working much harder than rear-right...let alone fronts...very interesting.

Is this with no wind and hover?
2020-4-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe Posted at 4-27 04:08
"Isn't it pretty self evident as to what the fix is? "

Not really, as I noted, mine was 'fixed' by turning it off and on.

Just because your error went away from restarting doesn't mean it's fixed for you, the conditions haven't been met again but will at some point. So the real Fix for your error when you receive it again is to try refreshing the firmware or changing the props.

Incomplete sounds like the instillation failed and you would get an error before getting to 100%, this isn't the case. The installation can proceed to 100% while still not updating everything and this why they have the option to REFRESH your fw exsists because just one installation isn't always enough. Myself and others will often install the new FW and then hit refresh immediately after just to be SURE it went through and I won't run into any unexpected issues.
2020-4-27
Use props
Ian Lee Clavis
lvl.1

China

Why hasn't DJI responded to this yet. So many problems with the left rear prop since the firmware update. Come on please!!!
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Ian Lee Clavis Posted at 4-27 05:15
Why hasn't DJI responded to this yet. So many problems with the left rear prop since the firmware update. Come on please!!!

I am new here, but do they ever comment in detail on these things? I can say that I went ahead and bought this drone based on their warranty support, not on their talkativeness. But it is aggravating amidst this FW upgrade that they haven't said much.
2020-4-27
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 04:50
...nice....rear-left working much harder than rear-right...let alone fronts...very interesting.

Is this with no wind and hover?

Somewhat heavier at the back (battery, 30-40 g). The left-right difference is not so easy to explain.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

DaMa Posted at 4-27 05:38
Somewhat heavier at the back (battery, 30-40 g). The left-right difference is not so easy to explain.

Indeed...left-back higher revs is difficult to explain...

Is it  FACTORY related?...bad rear-arm batch?...wind?...movement (hover or not)?

Why some of us are not affected?

...btw, I am not affected by this.

My serial  is:  1SZDGCC212D6P6
2020-4-27
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 05:44

Is it  FACTORY related?...bad rear-arm batch?...wind?...movement (hover or not)?

Maybe he flew in a circle to the right ...
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

[view_image]

Breaking my promise to keep quite

How do we analyse the .Dat like that?
Does anyone have a before and after the different fixes?
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

[view_image]

Airdata.com...?
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 05:44

I don't think it has anything to do with the drone. People replace the props and the error goes away. Examine the RPM of one of those people before and after the prop replacement.

A user who has successfully upgraded the FW, verified with DJI Assistant, and who still has errors until they replace the prop.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 06:17
I don't think it has anything to do with the drone. People replace the props and the error goes away. Examine the RPM of one of those people before and after the prop replacement.

A user who has successfully upgraded the FW, verified with DJI Assistant, and who still has errors until they replace the prop.

"Examine RPM of one of those people before and after the prop replacement"

Am trying to do so, but none are posted...you have link?
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 06:24
And how to explain higher rear-back rpm's, if and only if, it's in "still air" with no movement?

First off. Those who resolved the issue by reinstalling the FW with DJI Assistant are not even in the group of people with an issue.

The group are those who still have issues even after reinstalling the FW (successfully).

If in that group, there are still more left rear than right rear issues, then either the original issue occurred more often with CCW blades, or the rear left motor is more picky.

Since those who replace the blades fix the issue, and those of us who have never had the issue, still never have the issue. I am satisfied. And props cost like $12. Geez.

If going forward, we still see uncommanded descents, then we have an issue.

But I suspect we will still get tons of "I AM GETTING MOTOR ERRORS!" posts for some time.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 06:32
First off. Those who resolved the issue by reinstalling the FW with DJI Assistant are not even in the group of people with an issue.

The group are those who still have issues even after reinstalling the FW (successfully).

I agree...but, as a retired helo-pilot...I know that some un-understood behaviours deserve more thought as to avoid future probs.

And humbly said, I am a noob when it comes to drones...but still reckon some basics of flying discipline.

And yes I know, this is just a toy but.
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 06:39
I agree...but, as a retired helo-pilot...I know that some un-understood behaviours deserve more thought as to avoid future probs.

And humbly said, I am a noob when it comes to drones...but still reckon some basics of flying discipline.

I don't have a link to the tool they are using for RPM data. Hopefully someone will respond. I am interested in the WHY, but concerned that the WHAT has gotten convoluted.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 06:45
I don't have a link to the tool they are using for RPM data. Hopefully someone will respond. I am interested in the WHY, but concerned that the WHAT has gotten convoluted.

Dat file should give all infos...but what am curious about is "posted before and after RPM's" as you stated in your previous post.

And, I don't have this problem...just trying to help and elucidate the enigma

Thx for reply.

2020-4-27
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

There have been many reports of uncommanded descent of the drone due to rear propeller failure as well as the new error message in .500 firmware of a motor speed error.

I was flying yesterday when I received the motor speed error caused by deformed  propellers on the rear left motor.

As a precaution I changed the props on both rear motors.

On my second flight with the new props there was no errors reported.

Here is a graph of the motor speeds when the error occurred.

I then changed the props and as you can see the motor speeds where normal.

There only seems to be one solution as far as storage goes.

2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 4-27 06:53
There have been many reports of uncommanded descent of the drone due to rear propeller failure as well as the new error message in .500 firmware of a motor speed error.

I was flying yesterday when I received the motor speed error caused by deformed  propellers on the rear left motor.

Great info...thank you so much!

So, might be a storage problem.

Myself, always have it sitting on table...maybe that explains why I don't have this issue.

...and was it using Airdata.com?

2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 4-27 06:53

I was flying yesterday when I received the motor speed error caused by deformed  propellers on the rear left motor.

The storage does not affect the props. We at least know that much.
2020-4-27
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 07:13

...and your theory?
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-27 06:55
Great info...thank you so much!

So, might be a storage problem.

For every user that doesn't store their drone, dozens do, and neither group had more or less prop issues. And for every user who cut up their case, hundreds didn't, and again, neither group had more or less prop issues.
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_xiKkRfWbTNKe
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Deucalion Posted at 4-27 07:13

The file looks like it's been analysed using CsvView - guide here - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/flight-log-retrieval-and-analysis-guide.78627/

Mine looks like it has had the back left issue since its very first flight based on the logs, strange the error warning has gone away
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules