MOTOR SPEED ERROR AFTER 04/2020 FIRMWARE
59457 977 2020-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85344 ft
Cyprus

So after firmware update i got a motor speed error. Props are a week old and they are constantly checked, never crashed, motors are clean, and the drone is almost in new condition, besides some dirt from bugs. Some other pilots have experienced this issue as well. Is the firmware release rushed?

MOTOR SPEED ERROR

MOTOR SPEED ERROR
2020-4-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Have you tried replacing the Prop (matched set of blades) attached to motor / ESC that is beeping?  

For time being, forget trying to visually decide if a Prop is good or bad.

2020-4-23
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-23 22:11
Have you tried replacing the Prop (matched set of blades) attached to motor / ESC that is beeping?  

i did resit them. (i don't have other blades) and the error was shown only once. but it will be a bad thing to affect the flying when  i am up in the air.. getting out of the house during lockdown to retrieve a fallen drone is no excuse. Some other people reported the same thing.
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_D15Af7IgCNYj
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'm the same

but.....

Just now I have preventively replaced the props from the back and the message is and will remain ...
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_D15Af7IgCNYj
lvl.1
Netherlands

I mean the message stays away
2020-4-23
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have you used the props guard in this shot? I had the same issue when I was flying indoors but it can be eliminated if you go to menu and activate the correspond option
2020-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please check the propellers and see if any of them have damaged or get severely bent, if so, please change the issued propellers.
If the propellers got slightly bent because of improper storage, please try to smooth the propellers and test again.
Please note not to bend the propellers when storing the propellers as well.
2020-4-24
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

DJI Thor Posted at 4-24 02:33
Hi there, please check the propellers and see if any of them have damaged or get severely bent, if so, please change the issued propellers.
If the propellers got slightly bent because of improper storage, please try to smooth the propellers and test again.
Please note not to bend the propellers when storing the propellers as well.

my propellers are a week old, and i didn't store it anywhere but on the propeller case made by DJI. a lot of people have this issue after the upgrade. is it possible that we all bended our props especially on the left rear motor?there is no improper storage. i had this same response on facebook.
2020-4-24
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

Thalisbl Posted at 4-23 23:36
Have you used the props guard in this shot? I had the same issue when I was flying indoors but it can be eliminated if you go to menu and activate the correspond option

no prop guards
2020-4-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

S73ph4N05 Posted at 4-24 04:59
my propellers are a week old, and i didn't store it anywhere but on the propeller case made by DJI. a lot of people have this issue after the upgrade. is it possible that we all bended our props especially on the left rear motor?there is no improper storage. i had this same response on facebook.

Even brand new props can have imperfections, try switching the props to a different motor and see if the error comes back. If it comes back on the new motor then you have your answer that your brand new props have defects.
2020-4-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-24 05:15
Even brand new props can have imperfections, try switching the props to a different motor and see if the error comes back. If it comes back on the new motor then you have your answer that your brand new props have defects.

...very smart test!
2020-4-24
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-24 05:21
...very smart test!

Did that too. Many people have this issue
2020-4-24
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

Even brand new props can have imperfections, try switching the props to a different motor and see if the error comes back. If it comes back on the new motor then you have your answer that your brand new props have defects.

I did the prop rotation. No problem at all.
2020-4-24
Use props
S73ph4N05
lvl.2
Cyprus

It’s always the rear left motor
2020-4-24
Use props
Jques78PL
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem after firmware update, the drone reports speed error of the left rear motor.
Everything was fine before the update.
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Jques78PL Posted at 4-24 07:38
I have the same problem after firmware update, the drone reports speed error of the left rear motor.

Evidently, it means that you need to replace the prop. Everyone who has replaced the prop has had the error go away. Maybe they need to dial back the warning some. I assume that you can ignore it and just keep flying.
2020-4-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Two people in this thread reporting Rear Left prop.

Rear props being on bottom when folded fit with storage case pushing on props.
Should a preponderance of MM owners see warning messages about Rear Left prop and replacing prop resolves problem - possibly storage cases are not formed correctly on Left side?
2020-4-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Jques78PL Posted at 4-24 07:38

Know anyone who has a handheld tachometer?   
Which you could use to check speeds of each prop while MM is hovering.
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351969 ft
Greece

Ι have the same issue. First flight today after firmware update and after 5 minutes of flight (p mode)  i have the motor speed error warning.  the motor is for me the rear left ( as you looking the drone from camera to tale)
2020-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y Posted at 4-24 10:24
Ι have the same issue. First flight today after firmware update and after 5 minutes of flight (p mode)  i have the motor speed error warning.  the motor is for me the rear left ( as you looking the drone from camera to tale)

Well do as the warning is telling you . You either have a bad prop a prop that has been put on wrong by you or manufacturer, but don’t mess around with the warning.
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_cRVpccFSSl0K
New

Germany

Hi there,
I have the same problem before update was everything fine. I have replaced the props and checked everything but it still does the same. It is always the left rear motor.
When I restart the drone the problem disappears, but shows again during the flight. Fortunately, it stays stable and does not cause any problems.
My drone is like new I bought it several weeks ago. So I think the problem is in the update, hope it will be solved soon.
2020-4-24
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Me thinks there's gonna be a whole lot of good, wasted props!

Just saying!
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351969 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 10:35
Well do as the warning is telling you . You either have a bad prop a prop that has been put on wrong by you or manufacturer, but don’t mess around with the warning.

right now without change the prop i had a 20 minutes indoor flight without  motor speed error and very accurate hover. before flight  mavic ask for a battery and a fail safe update (no internet before to check after the big update )
2020-4-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Rear left arms defect on a bunch of minis...?

Why always rear left...?

Why "bad props" don't give errors on other arms...?
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-24 11:06
Rear left arms defect on a bunch of minis...?

Why always rear left...?

You forgot one...

Why when users replace props, the errors go away.

2020-4-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 11:32
You forgot one...

Incorrect if what @S73ph4N05 has said is true, he switched the bad props to a different motor and the error persisted rear left and not on the new motor. It's hard to understand if this is actually what happened, we need more people to test and verify if after prop replacement the error still persists rear left.

I have a theory that DJI knows about the bad props and the relation it has with the uncommanded descents. They have the sensitivity high to force the community to change props without having to own up to there being an issue, after some time passes with the next fw release reduce the sensitivity of the error to what they think is reasonable. This is a shady way of dealing with the mass issue but if everyone has to change props it could be the answer to the mini's issues potentially.
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-24 11:48
Incorrect if what @S73ph4N05 has said is true, he switched the props of a different motor and the error persisted rear left. It's hard to understand if this is actually what happened we need more people to test.

I have a theory that DJI knows about the bad props and the relation it has with the uncommanded descents. They have the sensitivity high to force the community to change props without having to own up to there being an issue, after some time passes with the next fw release reduce the sensitivity of the error to what they think is reasonable. This is a shady way of dealing with the mass issue but if everyone has to change props it could be the answer to the mini's issues potentially.

It isn't incorrect. It is just a 4th observation that deepens the mystery. People have been replacing props with new props and the error goes away. Not switching. Replacing. And as far as conspiracy theories go, why wouldn't DJI not be aware of the issue? You think they patched the firmware yesterday? They have been working on this patch since the last patch, and testing it a lot. And I am sure they will tweak it. I don't know why you think that is shady. It sounds normal to me. What would not be shady? To ignore it completely? What is shady about patching firmware?

2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 12:02
It isn't incorrect. It is just a 4th observation that deepens the mystery. People have been replacing props with new props and the error goes away. Not switching. Replacing. And as far as conspiracy theories go, why wouldn't DJI not be aware of the issue? You think they patched the firmware yesterday? They have been working on this patch since the last patch, and testing it a lot. And I am sure they will tweak it. I don't know why you think that is shady. It sounds normal to me. What would not be shady? To ignore it completely? What is shady about patching firmware?

Oh, one other thing, MASS ISSUE is overused here. When something occurs less than 5% of the time it is unfortunate and should be addressed, but it isn't a MASS ISSUE. Posting fake news is really not the best way to get the right people looking at your problem. I am dumbfounded how some people think using exaggerated headlines helps. If the goal is to have no one take your post seriously then by all means, use exaggerated headlines.
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_yMqaIYQJmclK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11975 ft
United Kingdom

Had same problem today.changed props did a test flight no more warnings . It’s strange after new firmware this happens.
2020-4-24
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem after update. So I came back with the aircraft and it was beeping the REAR RIGHT proop. I though, it might be an update issue. Reseted airplane and control. Turned everything on again and when I was I got the message again. Back home it was beeping REAR LEFT proop.
First it said REAR RIGHT. After restart it said REAR LEFT.

So it really looks like an update problem.
2020-4-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_yMqaIYQJmclK Posted at 4-24 12:17
Had same problem today.changed props did a test flight no more warnings . It’s strange after new firmware this happens.

Nice that the error went away easily.

Did you notice anything particular on the old props?

Would these old props produce same error on another motor?

Personally, I never had this problem yet, thus my curiosity.
2020-4-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 11:32
You forgot one...

I agree, yes indeed

I still have the original props on my mini and all is well after flying a few hours with new firmware.

Have a bunch of brand new ones from DJI...

We'll see in time due.
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_PRDcRGAU1S0T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10105 ft
Lithuania

I have had exactly the same issue today. Just my second flight since I bought Mini. Posted this issue on one of the facebook groups and have been advised to refresh the firmware using dji assistant 2. I did it successfully and the issue went away. Right after that I went outside and did multiple takeoffs, no issues at all. Wondering if this got resolved permanently or I can see it again on my next attempt. By the way, it was also rear left motor.. weird.. sounds like software bug for me.. sent an email to dji as well, will see what they have to say about it.
2020-4-24
Use props
Popsmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2056808 ft
United States

I am having the exact same issue motor speed error, erratic flight, just acting wacky
Screenshot_20200424-155251.jpg
Screenshot_20200424-155251.jpg
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_PRDcRGAU1S0T Posted at 4-24 12:57
I have had exactly the same issue today. Just my second flight since I bought Mini. Posted this issue on one of the facebook groups and have been advised to refresh the firmware using dji assistant 2. I did it successfully and the issue went away. Right after that I went outside and did multiple takeoffs, no issues at all. Wondering if this got resolved permanently or I can see it again on my next attempt. By the way, it was also rear left motor.. weird.. sounds like software bug for me.. sent an email to dji as well, will see what they have to say about it.

This is interesting. I also did a second refresh using DJI Assistant. I didn't fly it between refreshes. I was only hooking it up to DJI Assistant because I had never used it before, and it said that my firmware wasn't successfully refreshed, so I refreshed it again. Also did the RC as well. I did fly it after that and no issues. Original props.
2020-4-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-24 11:48
Incorrect if what @S73ph4N05 has said is true, he switched the bad props to a different motor and the error persisted rear left and not on the new motor. It's hard to understand if this is actually what happened, we need more people to test and verify if after prop replacement the error still persists rear left.

If what you say is accurate, DJI needs to replace any Mavic Mini Firmware identified bad props, upon return of bad props, FREE of Charge.  
2020-4-24
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_PRDcRGAU1S0T Posted at 4-24 12:57

...hmmm, sounds like an excellent idea to refresh firmware before changing/wasting good props
...btw, did you originaly update via the app?
2020-4-24
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

Deucalion Posted at 4-24 13:06
This is interesting. I also did a second refresh using DJI Assistant. I didn't fly it between refreshes. I was only hooking it up to DJI Assistant because I had never used it before, and it said that my firmware wasn't successfully refreshed, so I refreshed it again. Also did the RC as well. I did fly it after that and no issues. Original props.

What is this DJI Assistant 2? I just saw it at Play Store, but is it original from DJI? It says it's Ronin Assistant... I'm kindda confused here...

Thanks in advanced!
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_PRDcRGAU1S0T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10105 ft
Lithuania

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-24 13:07
...hmmm, sounds like an excellent idea to refresh firmware before changing/wasting good props
...btw, did you originaly update via the app?

Yes, during inital setup out of the box
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Seu Pereira Posted at 4-24 13:13
What is this DJI Assistant 2? I just saw it at Play Store, but is it original from DJI? It says it's Ronin Assistant... I'm kindda confused here...

Thanks in advanced!

It is a PC (and Mac) app. Go to the downloads section of Dji.com. It is the Assistant for Mavic.
2020-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules