Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a nice flight yesterday, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213288&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D556%26typeid%3D556

Analysing my flightlog i got some FRAPlogic 'info messages' ; low speed warning. Uh?  It was a normal good flight and i did not notice anything out of the normal.....
Ckecking my charts i saw 2 speed drops, from P-GPS full speed forward to zero and back to full speed again?  UH ??  what happend is the question.

See the video for the speed drop.
In the chart you see the speed lines and RC input pitch line, both in red. (blue - height, RC up/dn input)

Puzzled and what did i found in the DAT file?  a RC disconnect and connect at the same time. Not seen in the flightlog, so my guess is that the signals from the RC to MM were momentarily lost. Wich means for the MM to bring the speed back to zero and wait for full connection again.

Learning all the time how a MM works during flight and what happens if signals are lost.

Cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis3.png
2020-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange indeed.
Combining your experience with the data can only mean something went wrong with recording of data.
2020-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 4-24 00:16
Strange indeed.
Combining your experience with the data can only mean something went wrong with recording of data.

nope, flying speed did decrease, so data is recorded as it was.

cheers
JJB
2020-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 4-27 04:11
nope, flying speed did decrease, so data is recorded as it was.

cheers

That is even more strange.
2020-4-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

great comment Gary   ;-)
2020-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 4-27 12:04
That is even more strange.

Not that strange,  loosing RC contact means that MM gets into a hover, so fwd speed will go to zero.
When connected again the fwd rc signal still there, so speed increased.
With a true full disconnect there is a warning on the screen ofcourse, this must have been not a full disconnect.

cheers
JJB

2020-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 4-27 23:10
Not that strange,  loosing RC contact means that MM gets into a hover, so fwd speed will go to zero.
When connected again the fwd rc signal still there, so speed increased.
With a true full disconnect there is a warning on the screen ofcourse, this must have been not a full disconnect.

I never had that with my MP.
Then again, that has rock solid connection.
2020-4-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

No problems since 108 app and 500 fw update for me. BTW DAT files now stay in folder (not deleted) after sync...
2020-4-28
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

virtual Posted at 4-28 06:44
No problems since 108 app and 500 fw update for me. BTW DAT files now stay in folder (not deleted) after sync...

Hi,

On which phone ? On my Iphone 8, the DAT files are still deleted while syncing with the server
2020-4-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Francoisd Posted at 4-28 07:19
Hi,

On which phone ? On my Iphone 8, the DAT files are still deleted while syncing with the server

I have Android (Xperia XZ2), I do have Auto sync off, I'm uploading manualy, yesterday I had
aprox. 19 latest DAT logs still in my phone (I was uploading logs 2 or 3 times). But I'm saving logs to computer anyway, just in case...
2020-4-28
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
France

Strange.
I have disabled the automatic sync to be able to save my DAT file on my computer and as I don't have any manual possibility to sync the flight to dji server (to update my flight distance which is not the same as on my phone BTW and auto sync to airdata), I activate the auto sync once a while to upload it.
I only get 1 DAT file remaining on my phone despite I made several flight on the last few days  
2020-4-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Francoisd Posted at 4-28 23:27
Strange.
I have disabled the automatic sync to be able to save my DAT file on my computer and as I don't have any manual possibility to sync the flight to dji server (to update my flight distance which is not the same as on my phone BTW and auto sync to airdata), I activate the auto sync once a while to upload it.
I only get 1 DAT file remaining on my phone despite I made several flight on the last few days

Very strange. I do the same except sync to airdata. And it looks like since 108 app update for Android my DAT logs do remain in phone... maybe others can verify? I'll check it again too.
BTW Android device has on flight list screen msg that auto sync is off with enable button, if I hit enable it sais "x flights are not uploaded - upload". That's how I manually upload to DJI server...
2020-4-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Francoisd Posted at 4-28 23:27
Strange.
I have disabled the automatic sync to be able to save my DAT file on my computer and as I don't have any manual possibility to sync the flight to dji server (to update my flight distance which is not the same as on my phone BTW and auto sync to airdata), I activate the auto sync once a while to upload it.
I only get 1 DAT file remaining on my phone despite I made several flight on the last few days

Now I see in Andro app menu flight records cache (or something like that) with size over 400MB. I assume if this cache is cleared files (DAT?) will be deleted...
2020-5-12
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
France

virtual Posted at 5-12 01:42
Now I see in Andro app menu flight records cache (or something like that) with size over 400MB. I assume if this cache is cleared files (DAT?) will be deleted...

Hi,

After checking with my today's flight, it seems that de DAT files remain on the phone even after syncing with dji servers
2020-5-16
Use props
Francoisd
Second Officer
France

Hi again,

I confirm the DAT files seems to stay on the phone after automatic sync with dji server.
I recently manually delete cashed video files on my phone by going to the album and deleting file by file the videos (and only the videos) and when I got back to the dat folder after a fly yesterday, all the previous DAT files where deleted...
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules