980 9 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Hi,

My M2P has issue with leveling horizon. When I creating scenes sometimes horizon is perfect, but after few seconds in next scene the horizon is not leveled correctly. I don't know why it happens randomly. I've always need to correct manually by adjust gimball level for every flight, wasting time and what important - battery in the air. Even If I set horizon perfect, in the next scene or after rotate 180° its not leveled horizontally.
Calibrated IMU, compass, updated to the newest version, did Auto gimbal calibration, and tried all possibilites to make it work correctly... My drone has 6 months, never hard landed and crashed etc. every landing on special landing pad, taking care of all of my devices very much.

I've noticed also problem with keeping altitude - if I left joysticks on controller it bouncing up and down what is very easy to see on screen, unfortunately havent got any scenes with that.

I would like focusing on my job, creating great scene, not thinking about still adjusting manually horizon - its very frustrating.
Is there any possibility to fix that problem?

2020-4-24
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Ive got the same issue with my brand new M2P out of the box. i had to send it in, still waiting for answers...
keep us updated, i will do so too
2020-4-24
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Poland

Mini User Posted at 4-24 08:16
Ive got the same issue with my brand new M2P out of the box. i had to send it in, still waiting for answers...
keep us updated, i will do so too

Sadly to hear that, so thats wider problem than I thought. Of course I will inform about progress but I dont know what to do. Will be grateful if You tell me when You sent and where (Germany/Netherlands) Your device.
2020-4-24
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

ive returned mine to the retailer, and they said they will send it to Solectric, wich is a official workshop for DJI Drones.
i will keep you updated
2020-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize for the late response and the trouble with the drone, in this case, it is recommended to send in for the evaluation. We hope you will get the drone back soon, if there is anything we can do during this process, please feel free to keep us updated.
2020-4-26
Use props
NotMyFault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3013596 ft
Finland

I think this is very common issue. And not sure if it just about M2P, I at least have seen many comments where people say they know it was taken with DJI because horizon is not in level.

I have that too in my M2P and used to adjust on fly via SC, but noticed that it is most of the times quicker to just quickly right or left some 90 degrees.  Many cases 'fix' the level issue for the shot. Or get it wrong another direction...
And maybe tells something about where issue comes.  M2P is not able to keep gimbal on level all the time when you fly, so in some point due wind or whatever it slightly get off.
This 'feature' is not of course nice when try to film some video and notice in some point that horizon no longer on level.

Would be really interesting to hear if they in fact are able to fix such issue.  But would not be surprised if you get your drone back with same challenge.
2020-4-27
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-26 20:33
We apologize for the late response and the trouble with the drone, in this case, it is recommended to send in for the evaluation. We hope you will get the drone back soon, if there is anything we can do during this process, please feel free to keep us updated.

Hi Mindy,
Thank You for Your answer. What is the fastest way to create RMA and send to DJI Repair Service my device? If I remember good it was a link for fill form with our personal data and drone. Could You provide me any method to do this as soon as possible? The season is starting - I would like to have all of my drones fully working and ready to creating next scenes.

@NotMyFault - thank You for Your comment. Yes, it's very frustrating if You notice during scene the horizon is not tilted. Imagine that there are some kinds of scenes where You cannot repeat it (i.e. weddings).
2020-4-27
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-26 20:33

Any chances to recieved instructions to create quick RMA for replacament aircraft tips?
2020-5-6
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I've found seems to help, sometimes, is to turn the M2P 360 degrees.  Somehow, this seems to help level the gimbal.  

I've also found that sharp movements left or right seem to cause the issue to happen.
2020-5-14
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

sky_makai Posted at 5-14 10:48
One thing I've found seems to help, sometimes, is to turn the M2P 360 degrees.  Somehow, this seems to help level the gimbal.  

I've also found that sharp movements left or right seem to cause the issue to happen.

I've tried that trick but it doesnt work always, but yes, sometimes. I want to fully working drone, not working sometimes
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules