1684 1 2020-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coffee_king
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44160 ft
United Kingdom

My thoughts on Ronin S Active Track with iPhone 11 Pro

1) It is an UTTER pain in the backside to balance the gimbal with a phone on top of a camera in the hot shoe mount.
2) I can ONLY get it to balance if I strip down the phone holder so its as close to the hot shoe mount as possible. So I lose the up/down tilt option of the phone holder. (Thus getting the positioning better)
3) You can only use the rear camera on your phone (So you cant see yourself on the phone screen)
4) You can only use ONE of the back cameras. I have three on my iPhone 11 Pro, but you cant select the other iPhones cameras
5) You need to match the actual cameras lens zoom length with the camera lens length its using otherwise you go out of shot. (Again would work better it I could choose my phones different cameras)
6) When your face is not up very close to the lens the head height is far too low and centred (Too much space at the top of the image)
7) I'm sure there were other things I didnt like.

On the whole I doubt I'll ever bother using Active Track ever again. It took me multiple tries over mulitple days to try to get it balanced with the phone on top, (All be it while waiting for another phone holder to be delivered). I watched MANY MANY videos on how to balance it (Including the DJI ones which dont offer any more help than a normal balance)
On the whole it just takes FAR too long to balance (I can balance the Ronin with just my camera in seconds) for what you get out of it.

At best this is a gimmick at worst it has been an utter waste of my time.

I know you're going to say "Please request this, that and the other as a feature" but I really cannot be bothered, I'm done with this.

2020-4-24
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't get any mileage out of it either.  I tried it out and found it to still look jerky and not follow the subject accurately.
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules